UFC, etc.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Was exactly what I was hoping for. Maybe I should stop watching interviews, but its so hard to not hate Melvin when he opens his mouth. :lol

I think this was a short notice fight though,so cool of him to step up.

Man up before it gets rolling...Bendo or Frankie?

On paper I got Bendo, but my hearts in it for mini Rocky. :lol

It wasn't short notice at all.

That doesn't make sense. When he missed weight and said he wasn't going to go for the cut, Dana told the reporters that he could still get a fight bonus since he ttook this as a short notice. :dunno

That doesn't make sense. When he missed weight and said he wasn't going to go for the cut, Dana told the reporters that he could still get a fight bonus since he ttook this as a short notice. :dunno

You could be right. All of the advertising I had seen had the fight listed so I didn't think it was short notice. Guess it could have been....outcome would have been the same regardless, lol.

You could be right. All of the advertising I had seen had the fight listed so I didn't think it was short notice. Guess it could have been....outcome would have been the same regardless, lol.

Yeah, or it could be Dana being... Dana. :rotfl

I was shocked that Bendo got the nod tonight. Guess that means its time to plan Bendo vs Diaz.

Cowboy said he was gonna "little brother" him and he did once he recovered, lol.

I thought Melvin said that!?

I think this was a short notice fight though,so cool of him to step up.

It wasn't short notice at all.

It was. The Cerrone vs. Guillard match up wasn't set until last month (I think July 12 or 13). Guillard fought at 148 (July 7) so he basically had 1 month to prepare for Cowboy. And vice versa. Cowboy last fought on Fuel TV for the KZ vs. Poirier card on May 15 though.

damn, tough main event. Even though I like Bendo a lot, I think Edgar might have one that fight, but I don't say that with confidence. I would say they should fight again, but it's hard to say the fight would be any different. Can't wait to see Diaz get a good beat down.

If it had gone any longer it had potential Fight of the Night written all over it.

Poor Melvin....Cowboy said he was gonna "little brother" him and he did once he recovered, lol.

Even though it was around 1 minute...it made up for the Shields snoozefest.

It really is amazing how great Cerrone can be when he's focused. As long as he doesn't fight like he did against Diaz, he can beat most of the top guys in the division.

It's so lame that Shields hasn't improved his game at all. He's nothing more then a B fighter in the UFC.

I thought Melvin said that!?

It was. The Cerrone vs. Guillard match up wasn't set until last month (I think July 12 or 13). Guillard fought at 148 (July 7) so he basically had 1 month to prepare for Cowboy. And vice versa. Cowboy last fought on Fuel TV for the KZ vs. Poirier card on May 15 though.

Thats right, I forgot Melvin just fought on the Chael/Silva 2 card a few weeks back.

Yeah Benson won that. I just wish he would have finished Frankie.

As for Melvin and Cowboy, that was the best for me. I was cheering for Melvin, but I had Cowboy winning on paper. I really thought Melvin had it and shouldnt have let up and give Cowboy time to recover. He obviously paid for it. Regardless, Melvin and Cowboy are 2 guys that always put on exciting fights.

I don't understand how a fight that only lasted a couple of minutes could be fight of the night :dunno

I get what your saying Azure, but I think regardless of how long the fight is I think its the "wow" factor. In my opinion that was definetly a "wow" fight. The quick back and forth and then its over. I know where I was watching it the place went bonkers when Melvin landed and almost finished and then the return when Cowboy came back and finished people were clapping and going crazy.

The UFC announced Rory MacDonald will still face BJ Penn, now December 8 free on Fox (UFC on Fox 5).

Also JDS vs. Cain II is official now as well, UFC 155 on December 29. There was a lot of speculation about JDS possibly fighting Overeem (JDS apparently asked Dana for that fight) but last I heard the NSAC denied Overeem the opportunity to apply for an early license which means he has to wait out the full 9 month suspension that ends December 27. Then he has to apply, and wait for the NSAC to decide if they even will license him. Since there's no guarantee that he'll get it, the UFC scrapped putting that fight together. :lol

The UFC announced Rory MacDonald will still face BJ Penn, now December 8 free on Fox (UFC on Fox 5).

Also JDS vs. Cain II is official now as well, UFC 155 on December 29. There was a lot of speculation about JDS possibly fighting Overeem (JDS apparently asked Dana for that fight) but last I heard the NSAC denied Overeem the opportunity to apply for an early license which means he has to wait out the full 9 month suspension that ends December 27. Then he has to apply, and wait for the NSAC to decide if they even will license him. Since there's no guarantee that he'll get it, the UFC scrapped putting that fight together. :lol

Damn, watched an interview where Reem made it seem like he knew something not yet released. Obviously I was speculating, but I was sure by his words that he was fighting on the 29th, oh well...

...and so begins a new saga...

"I could go up to 205 and I could take Jon Jones' belt the same as I could take his candy on Halloween – a little punk kid, I'd snatch it away all I want," Sonnen said. "But there's something to be said in sportsmanship for earning your shot. And on the 29th of December, I'm going to go through Forrest to do it."

:yess: :yess: :yess:

I've wanted to see Chael matched against some of the 205ers, gonna get my wish.

Back