UFC, etc.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
He says he's injured.

I had an injury that almost took me out of my last fight (against Akiyama), and now I restarted training and I felt it again. I went to my doctors in Brazil and my elbows were a little sore, but it’s an old injury, in other part of my body, that worried me. He gave me four weeks with no contact to recover, so I’d be away from training on the next four weeks, then I’d restart training.

I did that in my fight against Sakuraba and it was never good. Thanks God I’m in a good moment, I don’t need to fight at 20% or 50%. I can’t take that risk, mainly in this special stage of my career. I have to be 100% there. One thing is get injured during the camp, but I’d start my camp with an injury. The doctors decide that, and I’ll be ready to fight in December.

That sucks. I could actually see Le KO'ing Wand.

Yep, I think Vitor was going to beat Cung, but now that Wandy is fighting...I think Cung is a much more technical striker and will be a tough fight for Wandy. I love the dude, but I see Cung taking this one.

Last edited:
The frustrating part is, Wand COULD win if he utilizes his BJJ/ground game/GnP. But somehow I think that Machismo will kick in and Wand will start slugging with Le and get KTFO once again. We'll see. The biggest factor will be the fact that Le hasn't fought in like a year and a half.

The frustrating part is, Wand COULD win if he utilizes his BJJ/ground game/GnP. But somehow I think that Machismo will kick in and Wand will start slugging with Le and get KTFO once again. We'll see. The biggest factor will be the fact that Le hasn't fought in like a year and a half.

Yep, I agree. The problem is going to be Wandy getting sucked into a slugging match and Cung switching it up and KOing Wandy. Everyone knows Wandy comes in and throws those big looping hooks and Cungs going to shoot one straight down the middle and we'll be watching Wandy sleep once again.

Big night tomorrow! I think Ramp is gonna be Jones toughest fight, and as much as I like both guys, Ramp isn't gonna be able to replicate what he did against Machida, I hope that's not his game plan. I see Ramp getting finished for the first time in his UFC career.

Jones > Ramp
Kos > Hughes
Browne > Broughton
Gomi > Diaz (hopefully a loss gets Diaz cut)
Rothwell > Hunt

I gotta go with Jones over Rampage via TKO. A foot reach advantage against a counter striker who's only real chance here is the hook? Yeah right. For the record, I hope I'm wrong though. Jones needs a loss to get even better ala GSP vs Serra.

Another local boy from Hawaii who made it to the UFC. His fight will not be televised but will be streaming on UFC Facebook. Proud to say I know him personally and sparred with him. "The Philipino Phenom"! Damn his opponent punked him in the weigh ins and size wise, way bigger. But size doesn't matter. Hope he gives it to him.

Here's the way in at 145

[ame="https://youtu.be/6j4xE5GApHc"]302 Found[/ame]

I wouldn't really call that being punked, but it's smart of Dana to step in, not a good time to even touch your opponent in that situation, let alone practically head butt him. Maybe he forgot he's fighting a professional fighter, not some kid off the street :lol

Another local boy from Hawaii who made it to the UFC. His fight will not be televised but will be streaming on UFC Facebook. Proud to say I know him personally and sparred with him. "The Philipino Phenom"! Damn his opponent punked him in the weigh ins and size wise, way bigger. But size doesn't matter. Hope he gives it to him.

Here's the way in at 145

302 Found

Always glad to haar another filipino fighter besides munoz and vera

I just read wanderlei got put in for belfort against cung le and ufc 139...do or die for wanderlei according to dana...hope he wins and then decides to retire with a win....

I also hope fedor decides to retire before going through with this nonsense fight against the snowman...how sad can this story get

Back