UFC, etc.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Right on man, glad you had a good time. Its the same thing I said, yeah I know everyone says the best seat in the house is on my couch or whatever it may be, but you have to experience at least once. Its a good time and to see the octagon up close and meet fighters is just awesome.

Yea dude, this little Fight Night beat any NFL game, NCAA game, concert, etc.. I have eveb been to.

Totally agree bumblebee, I was telling my wife I think people are just caught up in his hype, but everytime he fights he looks very amateurish in my eyes. I mean he works out with Gilbert, Nate, Nick...how come his striking hasnt improved.

how come his striking hasnt improved.

Easy answer:

26-6-1 (4 Decision Losses/2 TKO Losses)
Last TKO Loss Before Last Night: 3/25/2000
15 Fight Win Streak: November 12, 2005 - April 29, 2011
Strikeforce MW Champion
EliteXC WW Champion
Shooto MW Champion
Rumble on the Rock WW Tournament Winner

In other words, he's never HAD to improve his striking in order to win/be successful. Same reason why guys like Matt Hughes, Royce Gracie, etc. never bothered to improve their striking for the majority of their careers. They were all successful without it. And by the time they weren't, when people were able to negate their wrestling/BJJ it was too late to add it on.

Yeah your right Devil, I didnt think about it like that. Hes beaten everyone with his ground game and now the playing field is starting to level out because strikers are starting to learn the basics or at least enough to keep these wrestlers/bjj players off long enough to blast them with strikes.

He went 5 rounds standing with GSP....I think his standup has improved....although its still horrible

UFC 139 (San Jose)

Shogun vs. Dan Henderson
Belfort vs. Cung Le
Bowles vs. Faber
Kampmann vs. Story
Kingsbury vs. Bonnar
Brilz vs. Bader
Weidman vs. Lawlor
Tibau vs. Dos Anjos

TUF starts tonight....Mayhem Miller should be in the WWE, he'll be acting the entire season with the cameras on him....Hope Bisping beats him in there fight.

Back