UFC, etc.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I doubt Rashad will last as long as Rampage did.

Agreed! When Rampage tagged Shad, he didn't know what to do. So he ran for the rest of the fight.
I just hope Shad has gotten better since then. I guess he did look great in his last fight, but c'mon, look who he was fighting.

Rashad got KO power...Good Standup & Wrestling....His chin has been decent until Machida...He's a much better test...He can atleast go 4 a takedown....He gotta beat the reach factor....You cant stand there and try to counter like Rampage did...

The one thing Rashad has that Quinton definetly doesnt is movement...Quinton stands so flat footed and doesnt really bounce. Hes a very stationary target which is why its so easy to also kick his legs out. Hes got all his weight planted and just since he doesnt check the kicks he absorbs the whole impact.

at the moment, I think Rashad and Machida are the only 2 guys in the division that have a legit chance against Bones.

Whoever it is, they will have to close the distance. If they do not do that, they will lose, and that's that.

I think Rashad has a better chance too,Rampage is a one dimensional fighter and is just too predictable.Rashad is a much smarter fighter than Rampage imo and a smart game planner.Rampage pretty much just goes in there to swing.

Jones destroyed Rampage and now he will destroy Evans. I'd bet you see lots of front kicks to Evans knee in that fight. Jackson will have a perfect game plan to beat Evans.

The reach advantage really reminds me of A Silva, maybe it will take a true wrestler (like Sonnen) to give Jones much of a challenge; either way, I think he holds onto his belt for awhile.

I agree, I think his reach advantage will prove tough for anyone along with his unorthadox striking and you have a really bad mix for anyone coming up. Plus as mentioned his body type is that of A. Silva so I too think he'll have that belt for a while. Only way I see him getting beat is someone gets in close enough to land that one good shot.

The reach advantage really reminds me of A Silva, maybe it will take a true wrestler (like Sonnen) to give Jones much of a challenge

Only problem is unlike Silva, Jon Jones is a wrestler himself. So while that might be a slight weakness for Silva (I say slight because Silva's defeated every wrestler he's faced so far) I don't see that being a problem for Jones. He's already outwrestled Bader, O'Brien AND Matyushenko, 3 accomplished collegiate wrestlers with more wrestling experience than him. Even though based on what happened, it didn't look like it. :lol

The reach advantage really reminds me of A Silva, maybe it will take a true wrestler (like Sonnen) to give Jones much of a challenge; either way, I think he holds onto his belt for awhile.

I thought the same thing about Sonnen...He really gets in there for the takedown...

I think Rashad has more of a 1 punch power then Jones...Still havent seen Jones get hit...Someone has to go in there swinging....Also dont know who the better wrestler is in Jones v Evans...But Rashad has to go in this fight knowing how to counter the reach factor...

Rashad is definitely a more accomplished collegiate wrestler, but in the Octagon...who knows?

Bones does not have one punch KO power like Evans does, but I don't think Evans will be able to get close enough to use it.

I truly think Machida poses the most dangerous threat to Bones title reign.

After Machida, perhaps Thiago Silva?

On roids, of course.

Back