Tyler Durden Red Sunglasses Project CANCELLED! Request refund now

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Petition:Tyler Durden Red Sunglasses.

I think it will be much better if you can update the progress more often with picture time after time, no matter how it is good in qlty or with so many defect.

Just let people know what you hv done whether it is successful or not.

The main problem is that we hv see almost nothing on this project , we will be happy to see yr progress even if it is just an unsatisfactory prototype sample with many defects.

In this way we will hv better understanding for yr situation.

In conclusion .... communication!

good point! I just noticed that not even the print of the glasses were shown - I will snap a pic as soon as I get them :)

Given the difficulty of making these printed, surely the way to go is laser cut (or etched) metal frames, with lens inserts? They can be chromed then as well...
Printing them in plastic sounds a bit method obsessive. And forkin expensive.

Given the difficulty of making these printed, surely the way to go is laser cut (or etched) metal frames, with lens inserts? They can be chromed then as well...
Printing them in plastic sounds a bit method obsessive. And forkin expensive.

I started to customize my Brothers Production "Taylor" glasses into something usable. I really think etched metal is the only way to go with these. So much more durable! Still a way to go with these, but the metal is so strong it's difficult, but easy to grind thinner than they were before.
I plan on trying to vacuuform clear styrene into the proper shape and coloring red to be accurate.
IMAG1027.jpg

IMAG1026.jpg

Can't believe nobody has commented on artoo's!
Has the world gone mad?
Amazing job!

Amazing Artoo!
I can't wait to see it finished :)

I don't want to sound like the kid in the back of a car constantly saying "are we there yet?", but is there a pic to see of the printed version yet? I thought we would have had a picture to see by Monday 18th/25th.
I'm just getting excited at the prospect of some proper Tyler shades.

These are my current version.
Great at the moment but i want to be blown away by this project!

back from the printers - finally we will be able to finish these!

DSCF7577.jpg

Glad to see these finally made it. They look good.

Holy Moly!

I'm in......

.......for several probably!

Nice work!

I'm not entirely sure but you may have had to already be on the list, the good news is a few of us bought two pair so I can probably help you out with one.

Glad to see these finally made it. They look good.

I'm not entirely sure but you may have had to already be on the list, the good news is a few of us bought two pair so I can probably help you out with one.

You are the man!
Thank you so much! :D

Oh man, I NEED a pair of these. Any luck of me getting on the list? :pray:

If the list is still open i might be in for several depending on final pics!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back