Twilight Zone: ROD SERLING custom fig

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Andy Bergholtz

In the belly of a whale
Reaction score
Hey gang,

This was a head I did for jmlsuperman in anticipation of the 50th anniversary. The head is just tossed on a 12" Skinner body for this pic, it's the only plain suit I had around at the time. You can see a few more images here- https://www.absculpture.com/buffy.htm

Anyway, I hope you like! I believe jmlsuperman is offering copies of this head in the 'for sale' section for anyone who's interested.

Rod%20Serling%201.jpg

Yep. Simply fantastic. I love the eyebrows.

So when are you coming back to Sideshow? :monkey3 :D

So awesome! I've already got my order in for one... now just have to find the right suit for him?!?

Feel free to share, Gruff, if you find anything good. I was thinking maybe some of the ToyPresidents since they have suits from the time period.

Its a great likeness, glad to see this figure can finally be in our collections. Definitely a bummer it was never part of the original license.

Submitted for your approval...

Serling would look great with a "Planet of the Apes" script in his hands or under his arm!

...in "The Twilight Zone"

Last edited:
Its a great likeness, glad to see this figure can finally be in our collections. Definitely a bummer it was never part of the original license.

It's like a gateway figure. I've never cared too much for the TZ figures for some reason. Big Serling fan, and I grabbed the Dr and Nurse set for $40 somewhere, figuring I'd trade it down the line, and one year Sideshow sent me the "To Serve Man" figure in a Christmastime order (do they still do this stuff?), but I never even unboxed them. The chance for a Serling figure makes me go buy the TZ figs I passed on initially. I want them all for background for Serling.

Doesn't anyone look at ebay for custom figures? There has been a custom Serling offered on and off for the last 6 to 8 months. This one is nice but I think the one previously offered has a tighter portrait, and it comes with a custom box. If I remember correctly the last one sold for $285.00. I have been hopeing to catch one for less, but no luck yet.

eBay? Whats that :lol I never even bothered checking for a Serling listing... but if you have any images I'd love to see them.

As for this one, I'm very excited about the opportunity. And even cooler is that Andy is SSC alumni, so him having sculpted the head makes it seem to fit even better with the original figures. Also, this is a ver affordable option for getting this figure.

Back