Tweeterhead: Lynda Carter Wonder Woman Maquette

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'll never buy anything directly from Tweeterhead ever again. I also ordered the Classic Batman & Robin Noir from their website. Batman on March 3, 2016.

On Feb. 5 they said to expect shipping notices. Two weeks later, nothing. Inquired about it, they said "shipping next week"...that never happened. Asked again early this week after another week of silence, they said "shipping this Wednesday". Of course that never happened. Finally this morning I sent them a message requesting a full refund, I had no confidence I was ever going to see this product after a year wait & another month of delays. They replied they would gladly refund me, but if I waited until Tuesday --"Shipping on Tuesday!"---they would refund the shipping cost. I declined. No more delays. They said they would refund me "in a bit". That was more than 3 hours ago. Does it really take 3+ hours to do a few clicks on Paypal? So we'll see if I really get my refund today.

Both Jokers have been pushed to May/ June. Add 60-90 days for that realistically. Always.

When I e-mailed them about the delay for Classic Batman Noir a woman named Debbie replied that they came with a slight paint defect that Tweeterhead was going to have touched up, and that it would take a week or two. That e-mail response came on 3/7. So...who knows what's going on? If there was really a slight paint defect, why not let people know that on their Facebook page? Instead they promised shipping notices sometime in February, sent nothing, and never bothered even to explain why to the fans. They have a great product, but their communication is truly awful.

I had heard about Tweeterhead and their customer service issues before, and I only ordered this direct from Tweeterhead because the Noir version, which i think is the clearly superior one, was exclusive to their site.

So I thought I would post an update about my dealings with Tweeterhead. As noted above I requested a full refund due to the delays & Chad said that i would get my refund "in a bit". Well, that never happened. Dead silence....crickets. Nada. So I PM'ed Chad this past Monday & I gave them a break and said "Chad if you are really truly honestly going to ship these things this week, you can cancel the refund and continue with my order. Just let me know, thanks." And his response, the next day..."Will ship tomorrow morning for you! Sorry, been called for possible Jury Duty! UGh!" >>>Really? Now you're going to play the Jury Duty card? What's next, the dog ate my homework?<<< So Tuesday passed and of course, nothing. Wednesday I get 2 emails, they've created 2 UPS shipping labels. Say it aint so....are they really shipping? Of course not. All they did was create the labels. Here it is now, Friday morning, still no movement. Now I'm angry because I'm tired of getting the mushroom treatment....you know, being kept in the dark & fed *****. So I PM them again today at noon..."What's the deal? All you did was create a shipping label. My items have not shipped as promised. You deliver nothing but excuses. I've now run out of patience and am very angry. I own a dozen of your statues, and this is how you treat your loyal customers?" And their reply: "Hey Wayne! If you don't mind. Give me a buzz or a number and I'll call you! They ARE shipping today! Between all the rain we've been getting and a new warehouse...and a ups driver that doesn't want to pick up...this week has been brutal! They will ship today! I'll make it up to you too! Give me a buzz if you can xxx-xxx-xxxx". To which I replied "No phone calls, no special treatment just ship the damn things. Please."

So between all the delays, lack of communication, excuses, and broken promises, I'm left with a gnawing feeling in the pit of my stomach that I'll never see these ****ing things ever. I'll be pants on the floor stunned if they actually ship out today. I post this because I really don't want anyone to have to go thru this for a stinking $250 ****ing statue. Tweeterhead has been totally unprofessional about this whole thing. They lied about the delays because they knew they would have to legally refund customers if they requested one (like I did). IMHO the reason they didn't refund me when I requested it last Friday is because they just don't have the $$$ to do it. It takes all of one minute to do a Paypal refund.

Not only will I never buy directly from Tweeterhead again, I'm out of the Tweeterhead business altogether. I have the 2 Jokers on PO with SS and then never again. Ever.

What I don't like about Tweeterhead is that they take 1/2 the value of the statue plus the shipping up front and they call that "a deposit." LOL. SS, that's a more reputable company and been around longer doesn't do that. Imagine if Tweeterhead claims bankruptcy, they wouldn't have to refund all of us collectors for anything.

So I thought I would post an update about my dealings with Tweeterhead. As noted above I requested a full refund due to the delays & Chad said that i would get my refund "in a bit". Well, that never happened. Dead silence....crickets. Nada. So I PM'ed Chad this past Monday & I gave them a break and said "Chad if you are really truly honestly going to ship these things this week, you can cancel the refund and continue with my order. Just let me know, thanks." And his response, the next day..."Will ship tomorrow morning for you! Sorry, been called for possible Jury Duty! UGh!" >>>Really? Now you're going to play the Jury Duty card? What's next, the dog ate my homework?<<< So Tuesday passed and of course, nothing. Wednesday I get 2 emails, they've created 2 UPS shipping labels. Say it aint so....are they really shipping? Of course not. All they did was create the labels. Here it is now, Friday morning, still no movement. Now I'm angry because I'm tired of getting the mushroom treatment....you know, being kept in the dark & fed *****. So I PM them again today at noon..."What's the deal? All you did was create a shipping label. My items have not shipped as promised. You deliver nothing but excuses. I've now run out of patience and am very angry. I own a dozen of your statues, and this is how you treat your loyal customers?" And their reply: "Hey Wayne! If you don't mind. Give me a buzz or a number and I'll call you! They ARE shipping today! Between all the rain we've been getting and a new warehouse...and a ups driver that doesn't want to pick up...this week has been brutal! They will ship today! I'll make it up to you too! Give me a buzz if you can xxx-xxx-xxxx". To which I replied "No phone calls, no special treatment just ship the damn things. Please."

So between all the delays, lack of communication, excuses, and broken promises, I'm left with a gnawing feeling in the pit of my stomach that I'll never see these ****ing things ever. I'll be pants on the floor stunned if they actually ship out today. I post this because I really don't want anyone to have to go thru this for a stinking $250 ****ing statue. Tweeterhead has been totally unprofessional about this whole thing. They lied about the delays because they knew they would have to legally refund customers if they requested one (like I did). IMHO the reason they didn't refund me when I requested it last Friday is because they just don't have the $$$ to do it. It takes all of one minute to do a Paypal refund.

Not only will I never buy directly from Tweeterhead again, I'm out of the Tweeterhead business altogether. I have the 2 Jokers on PO with SS and then never again. Ever.

I had received a notice last week too and assumed this meant everything was okay. But now I'm looking at the tracking and the statue still hasn't even been picked up by UPS. This whole thing is starting to look shady. If worse comes to worse I'll have this order reversed through my credit card--I'm not going to bother talking to Tweeterhead and getting the runaround. But hopefully it will actually ship soon.

I had received a notice last week too and assumed this meant everything was okay. But now I'm looking at the tracking and the statue still hasn't even been picked up by UPS. This whole thing is starting to look shady. If worse comes to worse I'll have this order reversed through my credit card--I'm not going to bother talking to Tweeterhead and getting the runaround. But hopefully it will actually ship soon.

It's fast approaching surreal. So finally at about 9 pm EST I get a tracking update from UPS....the UPS Store (yeah, he took it to a UPS store to ship it) has received & shipped ONE PACKAGE. He damn well knows I bought the pair & he repeatedly said "they will ship". The other tracking number is still in limbo, just a created label. So I PM'ed Chad this morning & asked "I see one package has shipped. Was that Batman or Robin?" Obviously, no reply. :cuckoo:

So these guys IMHO don't have a pot to piss in. They don't have statues to ship out and they don't have $$$ to give the refund they originally promised. In one of the PM's he said "the UPS driver won't pick up"...yeah, if you don't pay your bill they won't pick up dude. They mentioned a new warehouse...probably got tossed out of their warehouse & now working out of the back of their station wagon. They've used every lame excuse in the book right down to jury duty. I have no idea what's going to show up on 3/31. I suspect the "paint app" issue mentioned is the base is too dark from the factory...that's they way my regular Robin is....if there really is a "paint app issue." I have zero confidence a properly painted, Noir Batman is going to hit my doorstep. I'm expecting the worst LOL. The UPS shipping weight is 4 lbs. The shipping weight of the regular I got was 11 lbs. All the weight is in the base. I just know it's gonna be jacked. :lecture

It's not looking good. I feel bad for anyone who has a deposit with them right now.

Last edited:
It's fast approaching surreal. So finally at about 9 pm EST I get a tracking update from UPS....the UPS Store (yeah, he took it to a UPS store to ship it) has received & shipped ONE PACKAGE. He damn well knows I bought the pair & he repeatedly said "they will ship". The other tracking number is still in limbo, just a created label. So I PM'ed Chad this morning & asked "I see one package has shipped. Was that Batman or Robin?" Obviously, no reply. :cuckoo:

So these guys IMHO don't have a pot to piss in. They don't have statues to ship out and they don't have $$$ to give the refund they originally promised. In one of the PM's he said "the UPS driver won't pick up"...yeah, if you don't pay your bill they won't pick up dude. They mentioned a new warehouse...probably got tossed out of their warehouse & now working out of the back of their station wagon. They've used every lame excuse in the book right down to jury duty. I have no idea what's going to show up on 3/31. I suspect the "paint app" issue mentioned is the base is too dark from the factory...that's they way my regular Robin is....if there really is a "paint app issue." I have zero confidence a properly painted, Noir Batman is going to hit my doorstep. I'm expecting the worst LOL. The UPS shipping weight is 4 lbs. The shipping weight of the regular I got was 11 lbs. All the weight is in the base. I just know it's gonna be jacked. :lecture

It's not looking good. I feel bad for anyone who has a deposit with them right now.

Karnis, You should post this on Statue Forum's Tweeterhead section too.

Decided to order through entertainment earth. $249 shipped, no nrd. After this pretty much done with tweeter head. Still hoping hot toys releases their Romero Joker so I don't have to buy from tweeter head. Still disappointed with the crap exclusive pamphlet that came with Craig Batgirl.

Decided to order through entertainment earth. $249 shipped, no nrd. After this pretty much done with tweeter head. Still hoping hot toys releases their Romero Joker so I don't have to buy from tweeter head. Still disappointed with the crap exclusive pamphlet that came with Craig Batgirl.

Her exclusive didn't include an autographed certificate? Oh right cause she had died so Tweeterhead couldn't offer it. I got my Yvonne Craig from SS cause it was sold out but then they had a few left available.

Her exclusive didn't include an autographed certificate? Oh right cause she had died so Tweeterhead couldn't offer it. I got my Yvonne Craig from SS cause it was sold out but then they had a few left available.

You didn't miss anything special. The lithograph that came with it was meh, and they gave you a folded pamphlet with pictures of Yvonne on front and back. Should have at least been a nice 8x10 picture of her printed on nice photo paper.

You didn't miss anything special. The lithograph that came with it was meh, and they gave you a folded pamphlet with pictures of Yvonne on front and back. Should have at least been a nice 8x10 picture of her printed on nice photo paper.

I was lucky I saw her at a show back in 2001 and this woman had such a beautiful signature. She only charged me $20 and it came with an 8x10 color picture in her iconic pose, so I didn't need to buy 1 of those $$$ lithographs offered.

I was lucky I saw at a show back in 2001 and this woman had such a beautiful signature. She only charged me $20 and it came with an 8x10 color picture in her iconic pose, so I didn't need to buy 1 of those $$$ lithographs offered.

Nice score. Wish I did more autograph hunting back in the day. Sad all our favorite stars from the 60's,70's ect are passing on. Sad

Karnis, You should post this on Statue Forum's Tweeterhead section too.

I'm going to wait & see what actually arrives at my doorstep on Friday. The other UPS shipping notice is still sitting there doing nothing. They've been silent on their Facebook page since ~ 3/16. The shipping weight of the package is very curious at only 4 lbs. The Batman statue is 11 lbs. It wouldn't surprise me if that rat-**** sent me the replacement base for my retail classic Robin statue...it's too dark from the factory & he said he'd send me a replacement. Who knows at this point. LOL

I'm going to wait & see what actually arrives at my doorstep on Friday. The other UPS shipping notice is still sitting there doing nothing. They've been silent on their Facebook page since ~ 3/16. The shipping weight of the package is very curious at only 4 lbs. The Batman statue is 11 lbs. It wouldn't surprise me if that rat-**** sent me the replacement base for my retail classic Robin statue...it's too dark from the factory & he said he'd send me a replacement. Who knows at this point. LOL

Yeah, the UPS shipping notice I received is still doing nothing as well. The package still hasn't been given to UPS. The only reason I'm hopeful: even if Tweeterhead is stalling because they don't have the funds to mail these out, they must know that a shipping notice will just oblige us to check the tracking, which will call attention to the fact that the packages aren't even in UPS's hands yet. If I were in the hypothetical situation of lacking funds to mail these out I would figure to be able to stall using the UPS notice for no more than a week before I actually had to ship the package out. If they really want to stall for a lot longer they shouldn't have bothered sending out the shipping notices at all and should have rather made another excuse about the paint needing to be fixed or something. So I'm hopeful these will ship soon.

Got a PM from Chad " they both shipped" and I told him no, only one of them and showed him a screen shot of my ups app page. He said " I'll check it out both were supposed to ship...im getting ready to get on a flight and I'll investigate."
LOL

This is why I have decided to never pre-order again from any vendor or manufacturer ( as a note, vendors do not have any fault on the manufacturer delays) this thing of the "preorder/deposit system" have become a joke and really only show the lack of respect some manufacturers have towards their clients, they ask their resellers/distributors or they directly for these deposits to "secure interest and buyers"...give a release date...and then the month by month delay game begings..then the excuses...then the product is not what expected or in the worst case...never made.

They have grown this security of "these collectors will gives us money even before they see the final product and will wait an eternity for us to make it and deliver"....well...I am not playing that game..if you dont deliver and respect your customers...my money will be happy to go to someone who does, we have to teach these companys that THEY depend on US...not US from THEM. I know delays in design,production and delivery happen...but showing a figure or statue, taking your money and then wait a minimum these days of 6/12 months (a year!!) for actual release and then a couple of weeks more to arrive to your hands ...is simply...a NO,NO,NO WAY...from my part.

Must say that not all of our beloved hobby manufactures are like these, some are extreamly responsible and honor their word of commitment and excelence towards their clients. This of course is my very personal view and oppinion and respect all who think in a different manner on this subject.

It is sad to hear of all of these problems regarding Tweeterhead. Admittedly, I have only purchased one item directly through them (Yvonne Craig, Batgirl) and while I was less than thrilled with the "exclusive", I had no quality or delivery problems. I hope everything gets straightened out for those with issues.

...and I apologize for dumping my troubles in this thread. I'll make one more update after the package arrives and then if need be, move it to the appropriate thread.

"If"... LOL

Back