Tweeterhead Adam West BATMAN MAQUETTE

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pics posted on 13thdimension.com

image.jpeg

image1.jpeg

10514611_745945252133984_4521673869695853865_n.jpg

I went back and forth on this one and finally decided to order one as soon as I have the funds arranged. I mean what do want more as a 1/6 collector?!

- Batman
- sculpted by Trevor
- signed by Adam West

Usually one of these features would be enough to get me allin. No chance I can resist. Always wanted to own an Adam West signature. :rock

Edit:

Holy priceincrease Batman! Shipping to Germany is almost 80$! :horror

Everything about this statue looks real except that the head sculpt doesn't look real, it looks like painted stone, I guess that is why they call it polystone. You were right Shoo I see what you mean now how polystone can never have that soft like look to it like PVC has no matter how good it is painted.

Everything about this statue looks real except that the head sculpt doesn't look real, it looks like painted stone, I guess that is why they call it polystone. You were right Shoo I see what you mean now how polystone can never have that soft like look to it like PVC has no matter how good it is painted.

Well, that's a given and there's nothing that can be done about it. Having said that, Tweeterheads's paint apps seem to be top notch, so we really get the best possible result with what we have.

I would still prefer the Blitzway approach, but what can you do.

Well, that's a given and there's nothing that can be done about it. Having said that, Tweeterheads's paint apps seem to be top notch, so we really get the best possible result with what we have.

I would still prefer the Blitzway approach, but what can you do.

It would be so easy to do on this statue. but I think because Sideshows paint apps are poor it wouldn't help it that much if it had a PVC head. Unless of course u get it repainted.:dunno

It would be so easy to do on this statue

Actually, a PVC head sculpt would probably look rather jarring on a fully-sculpted body. I think mixed media pieces are the way to go with hybrid statues. There might be exceptions, though.

Actually, a PVC head sculpt would probably look rather jarring on a fully-sculpted body. I think mixed media pieces are the way to go with hybrid statues. There might be exceptions, though.

I am confused isn't that what the Blitzway statue has? It's a fully sculpted polystone statue like this but has PVC head. Doesn't that mean it is hybrid statue? :dunno

I am confused isn't that what the Blitzway statue has? It's a fully sculpted polystone statue like this but has PVC head. Doesn't that mean it is hybrid statue? :dunno

I think there are two concepts you're mixing up here: mixed media and hybrid statue.

On mixed media statues, all clothes, or at least some of them, are real fabric (not sculpted), which is the case for most Sideshow Premium Formats, which are made entirely of polystone but do have fabric here and there. While the Blitzway 1:3 Bruce is also mixed media (real fabric jumpsuit), it is a hybrid statue 'underneath' (PVC head/hands and polystone body).

This Adam West Batman is fully sculpted, there's no fabric there. The difference in textures between the PVC head and the non-PVC body wouldn't look so good. Not to mention the seam, even though in this particular statue I guess it wouldn't be so visible.

I think there are two concepts you're mixing up here: mixed media and hybrid statue.

On mixed media statues, all clothes, or at least some of them, are real fabric (not sculpted), which is the case for most Sideshow Premium Formats, which are made entirely of polystone but do have fabric here and there. While the Blitzway 1:3 Bruce is also mixed media (real fabric jumpsuit), it is a hybrid statue 'underneath' (PVC head/hands and polystone body).

This Adam West Batman is fully sculpted, there's no fabric there. The difference in textures between the PVC head and the non-PVC body wouldn't look so good. Not to mention the seam, even though in this particular statue I guess it wouldn't be so visible.

Oh wow they did such a good job I thought it was a real suit. :slap

Yeah I totally agree with what you are saying now, it has to MM for a PVC sculpt to look good on it otherwise it would just look too obvious that one part is PVC and the other part is polystone.

While I totally agree with everything mentioned from you guys in genereal, I belief they have chosen right this time. This specific series of 66 Batman characters will have such a wonderful "classic" look in plystone. I have the 66 HT Bats. Amazing likenes, great clothing (despite all the hate) and everything. But getting the Dynamic Dou and even a few more 66 Batman characters in polystone is something different, maybe even more valuable. The polystone look has not the intention to look as real as possible (if you want that you have to chose a HT figure which will sooner or later be able to blink I think). It has more the intention to honor and remember the character in one of his/hers typical poses. The inclusion of a diorama piece adds to this intention. It is just a wonderful set. :)

Oh wow they did such a good job I thought it was a real suit. :slap

Great sculpting and paint apps will do that to you. :)

While I totally agree with everything mentioned from you guys in genereal, I belief they have chosen right this time. This specific series of 66 Batman characters will have such a wonderful "classic" look in plystone. I have the 66 HT Bats. Amazing likenes, great clothing (despite all the hate) and everything. But getting the Dynamic Dou and even a few more 66 Batman characters in polystone is something different, maybe even more valuable. The polystone look has not the intention to look as real as possible (if you want that you have to chose a HT figure which will sooner or later be able to blink I think). It has more the intention to honor and remember the character in one of his/hers typical poses. The inclusion of a diorama piece adds to this intention. It is just a wonderful set. :)

I'm not into articulated figures, so they are not an option for me as I always find them toyish, which is why I love the above discussed Blitzway spin - the proverbial best of both worlds. When that's not possible, though, it's always statues over action figures for me anyway, especially when poses, sculpts and paint apps are this good.

Yes, it'll be a spectacular set.

FROM TWEETERHEAD'S WEBSITE:

Batman and Catwoman Updates!
November 5, 2014

The Last Day to order the Tweeterhead Adam West Signature Series will be Monday, Nov 10th. He will not be offered again, so please get him before Monday. We have the certificates in hand and once we announce the edition size on Tuesday we will be sending them to Adam to sign. For those of you who have already ordered him, I think you are going to love the edition size!!

I will be placing my order tomorrow so I'm excited to see the edition size for the Exclusive!

Batman update and lots of photos coming next week! The strike really put us behind but we are finally catching up!!! Thanks to you all for your support and patience!

Hopefully we'll see a Batman update soon, can't wait!

Back