True Detective

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
[/spoiler] I feel like Marty is the killer or a copycat killer or involved in some way. I think Cohle went off the deep end because he knew that they killed the wrong guy. The director seems to want the audience to think Cohle is the real killer but that would be to easy. There are all these little hints that Marty gives away about his life from his daughter to his anger. I don't know, it is just a theory of mine.

At episode 4, this is up there with The Wire and Breaking Bad for me. And that's impressive. The last 6 minutes - Children of Men eat your heart out.

[/spoiler] I feel like Marty is the killer or a copycat killer or involved in some way. I think Cohle went off the deep end because he knew that they killed the wrong guy. The director seems to want the audience to think Cohle is the real killer but that would be to easy. There are all these little hints that Marty gives away about his life from his daughter to his anger. I don't know, it is just a theory of mine.

That's probably what they want you to think but the real truth is going to be a lot more crazier I bet. My theory is that the interviews are not being conducted at the same time and that something bad has happened to Cohle after his interview and Marty is being interviewed after the fact. I don't think that Cohle is the killer. That would be too damn easy as you said. But there's something in those interviews that we are not seeing for sure.

The continuous, all in one shot beginning with the shootout and Cohle's subsequent escape with the biker was beyond words. Agreed. Only Alfonso Cuaron has done those shots so well but now Cary ***unaga joins him. Amazing.

At episode 4, this is up there with The Wire and Breaking Bad for me. And that's impressive. The last 6 minutes - Children of Men eat your heart out.

Id second that sentiment as well. .its been truly amazing so far. Hoping it sticks the next 4 episodes just as it has the first.

Matt continues to amaze, hope he wins some good awards with his performance. I was hoping to see a scene when Marty's wife finally found out the truth and it is interesting that his wife wants to talk to Cohle about it so much, seems like there is a bit going on between those two.

This show is really picking up now. Each episode leaves you wanting more than the previous episode

i almost wished i hadn't started from the beginning because the week long wait in between is killing me...this is a great candidate for binge watching

The continuous, all in one shot beginning with the shootout and Cohle's subsequent escape with the biker was beyond words. Agreed. Only Alfonso Cuaron has done those shots so well but now Cary ***unaga joins him. Amazing.

:goodpost: I didn't even notice that shot until my 2nd viewing of the episode. It was amazing the level of detail that was put into that and to have all of those extras to what they were supposed to WHEN they were supposed to do it was great!!!

:goodpost: I didn't even notice that shot until my 2nd viewing of the episode. It was amazing the level of detail that was put into that and to have all of those extras to what they were supposed to WHEN they were supposed to do it was great!!!

Same here. When the episode finished I looked over at my girlfriend and said 'was that all one take?' Very impressive (and tense) stuff.

I've never been a huge fan of McConaughey until this show. I always just thought of him as "that guy" in all the romantic comedies with Kate Hudson. That is until this show. He has become one of my favorite actors because of this role and it will be a damn shame if he does not win an Emmy for his performance.

Without doubt my favorite show on right now. This week's episode was crazy good. I can't wait to see what F ukunaga (his name is censored) does with his adaptation of Stephen King's It.

I've never been a huge fan of McConaughey until this show. I always just thought of him as "that guy" in all the romantic comedies with Kate Hudson. That is until this show. He has become one of my favorite actors because of this role and it will be a damn shame if he does not win an Emmy for his performance.

Check out Killer Joe, Mud, and Dallas Buyers Club. He's come a long way since those romcoms.

Without doubt my favorite show on right now. This week's episode was crazy good. I can't wait to see what F ukunaga (his name is censored) does with his adaptation of Stephen King's It.

Check out Killer Joe, Mud, and Dallas Buyers Club. He's come a long way since those romcoms.

:exactly::goodpost:

Back