Westworld HBO series

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The writing went downhill at about the same time Johnathan Nolan stepped back from much of the writing on the show. Had he stuck around perhaps it might have been better. I had no problem though with the show moving out of the Westworld park since that is what was always supposed to happen. I think Westworld should have been the location for 1-2 seasons then the show should have changed its name to Futureworld and done the body snatchers style hosts replacing people plot line as per the old movie that followed Westworld. If the shows name was changed people would have accepted moving out of the park(s) better but again, the writing is the most foundational aspect and without Nolan handling it the writing would still be sub-par.

In an ideal world Nolan stuck out writing the entire series to completion.

Last edited:
The writing is so pretentious. They try so hard to set up something interesting but then either the payoff never comes or it's something so convoluted it barely makes sense.

It's like a magician putting on a huge, elaborate stage show that culminates with him pulling a coin out from behind someone's ear.

If anyone hasn't watched this show, just watch the first season and enjoy it and then turn it off. The story was already "complete" at that point. It was really good.

Season two was absolute garbage. There was ONE SCENE in all of season two that was really cool and inspired, and that was where William gives Davos the fidelity test. Just watch it on youtube; no need to waste time with anything else.

I know a lot of posters liked the Native guy's episode in season two, but it was a snorefest for me that was an attempt at ret-conning the first season, so I didn't care about it.

I have no idea if there is even a single good scene in seasons 3 or 4....I stayed away from those dog turds and I'll never waste my time sitting through them.

If anyone hasn't watched this show, just watch the first season and enjoy it and then turn it off. The story was already "complete" at that point. It was really good.

Season two was absolute garbage. There was ONE SCENE in all of season two that was really cool and inspired, and that was where William gives Davos the fidelity test. Just watch it on youtube; no need to waste time with anything else.

I know a lot of posters liked the Native guy's episode in season two, but it was a snorefest for me that was an attempt at ret-conning the first season, so I didn't care about it.

I have no idea if there is even a single good scene in seasons 3 or 4....I stayed away from those dog turds and I'll never waste my time sitting through them.
I loved season one, and hated season two. I didn't bother after that.

Season 1 is the best. Season two is good enough (they had some twists they never developed futher). Season three is the weakest. Season four is better than 3 and a bit ironic, but I think the ending was weak. Overall, after the first two seasons, they are repeating themselves, and in season 3, Dolores literally states the same things.

Yeah, like others have said, season 1 was damn good when it was brand new. I haven't seen anything past 2 though. Once things moved beyond Delos, I kind of tuned out.

Back