Westworld HBO series

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Isn't Terminator still bad machines vs good humans mostly, aside from the traitorous T-800 in T2 that set the stage for all machine-traitors to follow.
I guess. But most AI stories eventually end with some dumb allegory. Clear dangers are disregarded for some far-flung fantasy. I can stomach it in Blade Runner because Replicants are more like genetically tampered vat-grown humans, not quantum computer war machines. The exploration of the concept works there on multiple levels. In other, more "typical" settings with AIs, it breaks down. I'm more of a Herbert and less of an Asimov type, in the end. Others may be dreaming of AI robowaifus, but I'm certainly not.

Just came here to post this.

I shouldn't take "glee" in the fact that a show that I stopped watching got the axe, but I can't help it. It's such a shock to see someone actually making a rational decision that it feels GOOD to see.

This show was a complete mess. An absolute mess on every level after a very satisfying and competent first season that could and should have been a "one and done." But seeing the story get dragged out to the point it loses all meaning, all for corporate greed for more "product" was disgusting. I quit after season 2 and never looked back.

Sorry to anyone that ever thought they'd get "answers" in season five, but there were never any answers in the first place. All the answers that mattered were in season one.

I hope this is a sign that more companies are gonna stop wasting money on garbage and put those resources towards producing quality programming, but that's probably not gonna happen.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'll always love the first season & enjoyed the second season but it really got completely up it's own ass. By season four I was starting to feel like the show resented me for liking the cowboy robots of yore.

I approve this cancellation.

It became a show I played in the background while I was doing some other stuff, the only scenes worth watching in the final season were the ones with Ed Harris and Ramin's soundtrack was great as usual but it was pretty clear they knew their show was going to get cancelled when the final episodes rushed along to a very messy and convoluted conlusion and every character died lol but I was so disconnected from it by that point that I just didn't care... The first season still remains a brilliant piece of TV for me and I can easily view it as a miniseries, season 2 was a damn mess but better than anything that came after it and could easily serve as a conslusion for the actual Westworld story and Anthony Hopkins is in it for half of it which is great but yeah... seasons 3 and 4 SUCKED.

I knew this show wasn't going to last much longer when they decided to dump the whole westworld theme of a show called westworld after only a couple seasons.

What's interesting about this show is the massive amount of pure acting talent on it's total roster. ( If you have Ed Harris and Anthony Hopkins, even for a short while, that's a major boon. Jeffrey Wright, Gustaf Skarsgaard, Peter Mullan, Fares Fares, Jonathan Tucker, there were some real hitters in this lineup)

There was creative freedom and big budget support from a prestige network for original programming.

The litmus point was always the writing. It just needed better writing.

Also you can't really build a show around Evan Rachel Wood. And the last time Tessa Thompson was tolerable was on Veronica Mars. Should have given the lead to Ariana DeBose instead.

It's always the most puzzling thing about Hollywood. Build your show around your best actors period. Why there is so much deviation from this principle, I'll never understand

It's a good thing this got cancelled. I was in this current season (I think) but stopped as the series just got continually worse after season 1. After the exit from the western world recreation the series lost its footing.

Don't forget Alias. And Mission Impossible 3. Oh, and Super 8.
Mission Impossible 3 is the only Abrams flick I could still rewatch.

There's not many TV shows I ever rewatch due to the time commitment....not that I'm especially lacking in time, I just prefer to watch stuff I haven't seen before so a TV show has to be exceptionally good season through season and end well. Abrams' stuff tends not to meet these requirements.

Didn't even know there was a fourth season. Tuned out after the second.

I would say not even after season 1.

The episode Kiksuya and the scenes between William and Delos, Delos and Logan are the only good things in season 2.

I'll always love the first season & enjoyed the second season but it really got completely up it's own ass. By season four I was starting to feel like the show resented me for liking the cowboy robots of yore.

I approve this cancellation.
Yep. Same.

What's interesting about this show is the massive amount of pure acting talent on it's total roster. ( If you have Ed Harris and Anthony Hopkins, even for a short while, that's a major boon. Jeffrey Wright, Gustaf Skarsgaard, Peter Mullan, Fares Fares, Jonathan Tucker, there were some real hitters in this lineup)

There was creative freedom and big budget support from a prestige network for original programming.

The litmus point was always the writing. It just needed better writing.

Also you can't really build a show around Evan Rachel Wood. And the last time Tessa Thompson was tolerable was on Veronica Mars. Should have given the lead to Ariana DeBose instead.

It's always the most puzzling thing about Hollywood. Build your show around your best actors period. Why there is so much deviation from this principle, I'll never understand.
There was never anything wrong with Evan Rachel Wood's performance throughout this series. Who the hell even knew of Ariana DeBose when this series was started years ago?

Season 4 was actually really good, I don't know what everyone is complaining about.

Back