True Detective

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My neighbor was over and we had some wine and started talking... before I knew it, it was over. Thank goodness I dvr'd it. Ill rewatch it again tomorrow.

I think that was the first time I ever wished I was Woody Harrelson.

:lol

Last edited:
Great episode. I like how the first show sort of set Woody's character up to be a family man and the second episode totally destroys that image. My wife thinks the governor's brother is somehow involved in the murders and that Woody's character will end-up towing the line to protect him, somehow screwing McConaughey over in the process. Looking forward to seeing this play out.

Great episode. I like how the first show sort of set Woody's character up to be a family man and the second episode totally destroys that image. My wife thinks the governor's brother is somehow involved in the murders and that Woody's character will end-up towing the line to protect him, somehow screwing McConaughey over in the process. Looking forward to seeing this play out.

I thought that from the first episode the Woody is actually the bad guy and Matthew is taking the fall....or Woody is about to be arrested during the shots of him in the office during interrogation and Matthew is corroborating the facts altho it looks like he's the one in trouble.

Can't wait to watch episode 2 later!

Episode 2 was great...

Some things that I noticed over the first 2 episodes. Some things can easily be overlooked...
1) woody isn't wearing wedding ring in 2012 so it seems marriage is over
2) episode 2 when crows were flying they made the same design that was seen on victims back
3) painting they found at the end was "green spaghetti monster" from ep 1

I am wondering if the guys who are killing the cats will take the fall for the murders when infact they are unrelated.

It does seem that they are setting it up for either Woody or Matt to be the villain. If it is one of them I would guess Woody and Matt knows it and is why his life has fallen apart. But I also kind of hope it isn't them. To me, the show is more about the characters than the actual case. Both of these guys are total losers in totally different ways...I actually think Woody is worse because he believes he is a good guy and justifies his behavior. I must say that his girl friend is amazingly hot!!!

I feel like it feels too obvious for one of them to end up the bad guy.

And I think men everywhere are in synonymous agreement today that Alexandra Daddario is the sexiest woman on earth.

I feel like it feels too obvious for one of them to end up the bad guy.

And I think men everywhere are in synonymous agreement today that Alexandra Daddario is the sexiest woman on earth.

If I could think of a word, it would be "perfection." :lol

I'm loving this show so far. When the hell did McConaughey become such an amazing actor? :lol He goes from all those rom coms to some amazing roles lately. He is absolutely amazing in this show so far. And I will also throw my vote for Alexandra Daddario as my new favorite.

Yeah, McConaughey is putting on a clinic. You can't take take your eyes off that guy. Well, except maybe during the scene with that actress that has the most amazing body I've ever seen, that was certainly an attention grabber.

You've got that right. That scene might just be the most incredible thing I've seen on TV.

She's been on my radar for quite sometime now. I was hoping she would be cast as Wonder Woman, but that didn't happen.

You've got that right. That scene might just be the most incredible thing I've seen on TV.

She's been on my radar for quite sometime now. I was hoping she would be cast as Wonder Woman, but that didn't happen.

"But other times I believed, I was main-lining the secrets of the universe." quote of the episode for me

and yes Alexandra Daddario's scene was The best thing ever put on HBO!

Pretty good follow up episode topped off by Alexandra Daddario amazing body. Been waiting for that since Texas Chainsaw. :)

Keeps being really good.
The duo is perfect.
And damn that Alexandra Daddario is out of this world.
Im usually bored by these type of scenes but damn i was mesmerized lol

I was finally able to watch the first two episodes... :thud: Excellent. Love Sunday night viewing. The writing is on par with the performances.

Just watched the first two episodes. I'm hooked.

And Alexandra Daddario... :drool

Damn, after seeing the Internet reaction, I don't know if the nude scene was just that great or the show was that bad, but one thing's for sure, it seems like Daddario's overshadowing the actual show when it comes to the Internet (to be fair, while I've not yet seen the show, I can definitely agree with the sentiment that her Woody scene ("woody"; heh) is definitely one of the greatest things ever.

"But other times I believed, I was main-lining the secrets of the universe." quote of the episode for me

and yes Alexandra Daddario's scene was The best thing ever put on HBO!

Agreed. :yess:

Pretty good follow up episode topped off by Alexandra Daddario amazing body. Been waiting for that since Texas Chainsaw. :)

Same here. :yess::yess:

Damn, after seeing the Internet reaction, I don't know if the nude scene was just that great or the show was that bad, but one thing's for sure, it seems like Daddario's overshadowing the actual show when it comes to the Internet (to be fair, while I've not yet seen the show, I can definitely agree with the sentiment that her Woody scene ("woody"; heh) is definitely one of the greatest things ever.

LOL, I know she was going to hit big even before this episode was announced. :yess::yess::yess:

Yeah, holy ****. My wife and I decided to do some other stuff and watched the show a couple hours after it aired, but man alive, it's brilliant (that final scene and the music... so great). Love the characters and the intensity of it. Very much looking forward to next episode. Can't wait until we have all eight episodes in the bag and can just watch them back to back. Brilliant series.

Back