True Detective

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Other than A Time To Kill (I haven't seen Frailty or Reign of Fire) I wouldn't really acknowledge McConaughey, however, since Killer Joe he has been a beast! I can't wait for Dallas Buyers Club!

I was wondering.. I couldn't find anything saying that. I figured they would'nt be able to lock stars this big into a multi-year serial.

From Collider.com :duff

Anticipation was already pretty high for HBO’s upcoming anthology series True Detective starring Matthew McConaughey and Woody Harrelson, but the recent reviews heaping effusive praise on the show’s first few episodes have made the wait for next Sunday even more excruciating. In an effort to ease some of the pain, HBO has released another new trailer for the eight-episode drama, which revolves around the lives of two detectives during a seventeen-year hunt for a serial killer in Louisiana. Director Cary ***unaga—who helmed every episode himself—looks to have put together a gorgeously haunting design for the show, and I can’t wait to tune in for the first installment next weekend.

Indeed! he really turned his career around, he wasn't even trying before, just collecting the easy paychecks.Does anyone know if this is just a one season show or are they even planning multiple seasons?
First post says the show will be an anthology, so presumably multiple seasons using different stories and characters. This does look really good, but freakin' HBO doesn't make life easy for non-subscribers (or in my case--someone who doesn't even have a cable box to access any premium channels). I guess I'll have to wait a year before it becomes available on DVD, a la Game of Thrones.

Re: HBO's True Detective

Big fan of Matthew McCounaughey and Woody Harrelson so count me in! :rock

Surprised no-one's posted about it, but I really enjoyed the show. Relationship between Harrelson and McConaughey is a bit more complex than I was expecting. Was good to see Clarke Peters (Lester Freaman) from The Wire in a hopefully recurring role (might've been a cameo, though). Very interesting premise. Looking forward to getting a few shows in, so I can get a better feel for where it's going.

My friend and I quite liked it. I'll definately be watching again next week to see where it goes.

I am coming down from my Sherlock high right now and will watch this once it comes around again at midnight!

It didn't do much storywise to make tuning in next week a must, but the promise of simply watching McConaughey and Harrelson whistle-talk at each other for another hour is more than enough reason. Great performances and atmosphere.

It was a bit dry at times, but it certainly held my interest. I also got a Hannibal vibe, not only from the murder victim, but Mcconaughey's character was very reminiscent of Hugh Dancy's Will Graham.

Eh, dare I say ****ing awesome. Sure it was a bit dry here and there. Hell, I would say even we've seen it before. BUT DAMN!!! ***anaga, Harrelson and McConaughey have put a new coat of paint on a tried and true story. Dark and bleak as **** with a really bristling noir atmosphere of quite dread that made the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. I am hooked. Hardboiled detectives in the impoverished bayou that looks like something out of the zombie apocalypse. Rust and Marty's relationship is definitely complex and on the road to becoming something to really behold. I am ready for whatever shocks and twists this thing has in store. Sherlock ended tonight with some crazy dark **** and then it got even darker with this series. Great stuff.

Back