Tron 3

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I agree with Khev.

Some of these 3D haters sound like the old folks who called the talkies a gimmick that would never catch on. I'll bet ticket prices even went up after they introduced sound.

Shame that this thread is SOOO off topic.

Would you fellas see fit to creating a "3D vs 2D" thread to wage your opinions of how movies are best viewed?

...just a suggestion

yet, the discussion has turned from tallking about the development of the Third TRON film to: What movies are better in, 3D or 2D?

Relevant in a sense but the discussion about 2D/3D is not relevant to TRON 3.0....in my opinion.

So...

As for antagonists, I see a definite use of the Dillinger's. Jr will somehow find a way to get onto "The Grid" which is now connected to the internet and with the help of his "Father" (David Warner voices the MCP) we will see them try to reclaim ownership of Encom and domination of the worlds online systems.

yet, the discussion has turned from tallking about the development of the Third TRON film to: What movies are better in, 3D or 2D?

Relevant in a sense but the discussion about 2D/3D is not relevant to TRON 3.0....in my opinion.

So...

As for antagonists, I see a definite use of the Dillinger's. Jr will somehow find a way to get onto "The Grid" which is now connected to the internet and with the help of his "Father" (David Warner voices the MCP) we will see them try to reclaim ownership of Encom and domination of the worlds online systems.

Shut up Newb :computer

Actually, that's a good question, what was it that Sam downloaded onto that thing? I think it was there to make people think it was Quorra before they revealed that Quorra actually came out of the grid as a person. But I can't think of what he would have actually downloaded.

What I took from that scene, since Sam shut down the servers in the basement, is that he stored "The Grid" that K. Flynn, CLU and Tron had worked so hard to build. In that, what was saved is also still able to allow the possibilty of another form of ISO to come into being.(if the conditions meet the parameters)

So...He pretty much had the world around his neck.

I was thinking about this today and thought what the heck I will bump an old thread back into view.
So is anyone more hopeful or less hopeful that this will happen? I know there has been speculation that Tron: Uprising's success or failure would determine whether we see Tron 3. That is a little worrisome, because while the show is of the highest quality and has a loyal cult following, Disney was vague about when it would air and then after a few episodes air they bump it to another slot so few can keep track of where and when it will be on.
I do think a Tron 3 would be more successful than Tron: Legacy, being that I think the franchise has gained new fans since 2010. I'm hopeful but slightly discouraged by the prospects of the future of Tron and whether there will be one.
Anyone else feel like this?

I think you are right. Much like the original TRON in 82, there were a lot of people who just "didn't get it". As a 6yr old, I loved it because it was cool looking and the guys tossed around some killer frisbees. Some time after it became more appreciated as a film and generally considered a classic film that helped inspire a generation.
Legacy, in a sense, might of had the same issue. I don't think a lot of people understood the movie the way it was presented. It took me a few viewings for it to all sink in and T:L has really captured something that needs to be expanded on, which...
TRON: Uprising does a great deal with in showing what life on Flynn's purpose built "Grid" is like and from the perspective of the programs in in rather than an outsider who is unsure of why or how things transpire. That is the great thing about "Uprising" and why it needs the chance to show how great the "World of Tron" is.

I don't have Disney XD and I'm not upgrading my cable to get it but I do purchase the HD episodes of Uprising on PSN to help contribute and show that I am following the show in hopes that, not only the series continues, but that a 3rd film is still a viable concept.

Hopefully, the series will find its viewers and get more re-airings and the fanbase will increase and follow "like moths to a flame" and we will get our 3rd film.

Good News!!

The Hollywood Reporter posted an exclusive report this evening on the progress of TRON 3:

The sequel to the 2010 reboot Tron: Legacy — called Tron 3 in some quarters — is moving a step forward with Disney in negotiations to hire Jesse Wigutow to pen the latest draft of the script.

Joseph Kosinski, who directed Legacy, is attached to helm this installment, which is being developed with a renewed urgency under Alan Horn, who took the reigns of Disney Studios in June.

Some considered the dark and trippy Legacy — which teamed newcomer Garrett Hedlund with Jeff Bridges, star of the 1982 original Tron — a lukewarm performer when it opened in December 2010. But the film grossed $400 million worldwide, good enough to spark interest in prolonging the franchise. With that foundation and a strong brand, Disney believes it can really go for broke with a new movie. Horn is making Tron one of his priorities, according to insiders.

Plot details are being kept under wraps. David DiGilio wrote an earlier draft of the script. Justin Springer, a co-producer on Legacy, is producing Tron 3.

Wigutow is already working with Disney on the adaptation of Peter and the Starcatchers and worked on Parallel, another Disney project being produced by Springer. The scribe, who also wrote Eragon and worked on Relativity’s remake of The Crow and Summit's remake of The Osterman Weekend.

Original story link: https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/tron-sequel-back-grid-at-398592

I agree Matt, definitely need more Tron. And if there were anyway to bring back Dillinger, Ram and Cindy Morgan as Lora/Yori I'd be pretty stoked!

I liked Castor, but I don't think we need to see anymore of him. I would like to see the Zeus backstory, maybe on Uprising if it sticks around.

Honestly, its hard to think of many worse characters in a film that I liked overall than Castor. Maybe Jar Jar?

Castor and Jarvis makes for hard repeat watching of Legacy. I think minus those 2 highly annoying characters Tron may have been a better success in theaters with repeat viewers and word of mouth.

To be honest I felt silly recommending some of my friends to see it because those 2 characters were just so cheesy and lame.

Back