Tron 3

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cindy Morgan who played Lora/Yori in the original Tron posted this this evening on Facebook:

"Cindy Morgan: I've heard rumblings from a reliable source. TR3N is a go."

I would think it is likely she would have some involvement in a sequel this go around.

I watched Tron: Legacy with my son today on Blu-Ray and I'm on a bit of Tron high.

I have a killer Tron 3 fanfic in my head that I need to jot down someday. Basically rips off a lot of King Arthur mythology, with TRON in the Lancelot role, Flynn as a sickly Arthur, Sam as Galahad/the grail knight, Dillinger in the Morgana role and Cillian Murphy as M0RDR3D.

In it David Warner would return as Dillinger and be the first "evil" user to have entered the grid. Thus he would have infinite power. Cillian Murphy would play a program called M0RDR3D who does his father's bidding.

The plot would revolve around Sam and Tron searching for a "grail" to revive the fallen grid which is under the rule of Dillinger and heal the sick Flynn(Jeff Bridges would pretty much only cameo in the film).

Last edited:
"updates" from Tron himself...

https://screenrant.com/tron-3-production-2014-sandy-158403/

‘TRON 3′ Could Begin Production By 2014

Mar 9, 2012 by Sandy Schaefer

‘TRON’ franchise star Bruce Boxleitner says that a third installment could begin shooting by 2014, after ‘TRON: Legacy’ director Joseph Kosinski wraps up his ‘Oblivion’ adaptation.

TRON: Legacy was meant to give rise to a new cash-cow for Walt Disney Pictures, but the 3D sequel failed to become as massive a hit as Mouse House execs would’ve liked. It still managed to net $400 million in tickets sales around the globe (on a $170 million budget), thus ensuring that TRON 3 could still happen… eventually.

Some six months have passed since Tron himself (actor Bruce Boxleitner) described a third installment as being a “done deal,” and we’ve yet to hear any official word on the matter. While that hasn’t changed, Boxleitner has since revised his previous prediction for when exactly the TRON threequel could begin filming.

I Am Rogue caught up with Boxleitner, and the actor (a fan-favorite for his parts in the TRON series and the TV show Babylon 5) confirmed that not only he is slated to reprise his dual roles as real-world programmer Alan Bradley and digital warrior Tron on the big screen, but that TRON 3 will indeed be a direct continuation of Legacy‘s narrative – seeing how (as Boxleitner puts it) “['TRON: Legacy] actually started the next movie and then went to black,” teasing the future adventures of Sam Flynn (Garrett Hedlund) and a newly-human Quorra (Olivia Wilde) in the real world.
As to the status of TRON 3 in general, Boxleitner offered the following:

“It’s in the works. Anything could happen, but all I can say is, it’s in its formative stages. [Joseph] Kosinski, who is slated for it, he’s shooting another movie now, and then they’ll get around to doing that. I think somewhere around 2014, maybe. I’m talking way out of school here, but they can’t shoot me because I’m Tron.”

That phrase “talking way out of school” should probably be translated as “this isn’t at all official,” but what Boxleitner is saying gels with everything else we’ve heard about TRON 3 to date. Kosinski is indeed currently busy working on his Oblivion comic book adaptation, but has reportedly been actively involved with developing the storyline for a third TRON flick (which is currently being scripted by Eight Below writer David DiGilio). As mentioned before, that planned plot for TRON 3 would pick up the narrative threads left dangling in Legacy, and possibly feature a new villain in the form of programming “genius” Edward Dillinger (Cillian Murphy).

Kosinski’s sharp eye for snazzy visuals and technical skills helped Legacy overcome some weak storytelling, so as to offer solid style-over-substance entertainment; it’s for that reason that his return on TRON 3 has long been a given, despite calls for a change-up in screenwriting personnel. Judging by its actions (or lack thereof), Disney seems to agree and isn’t so eager to get the ball rolling on a new TRON movie that the studio would begin production before Kosinski becomes available again.

It’s long been said that part of the reason Disney is so hesitant to press ahead full-speed on TRON 3 is because the company first wants to use the upcoming Disney XD cartoon series TRON: Uprising – which bridges the narrative gap between the original TRON and Legacy – as a litmus test for how much demand there really is for this sci-fi franchise to continue on.

Obviously, the reception for the TRON animated spinoff won’t make or break the possibility of a third live-action TRON movie alone. In fact, so long as news for TRON 3 doesn’t start to resemble the “news” for Ghostbusters 3 (ie. where all the updates essentially come from one person) it sounds as though there’s a pretty good chance a third theatrical trip to “The Grid” may be on the menu after all.

We will continue to keep you up-to-date on the status of TRON 3 as the story develops.

-

As Castor puts it: "We shall see..."

I was thinking about this today and thought what the heck I will bump an old thread back into view.
So is anyone more hopeful or less hopeful that this will happen? I know there has been speculation that Tron: Uprising's success or failure would determine whether we see Tron 3. That is a little worrisome, because while the show is of the highest quality and has a loyal cult following, Disney was vague about when it would air and then after a few episodes air they bump it to another slot so few can keep track of where and when it will be on.
I do think a Tron 3 would be more successful than Tron: Legacy, being that I think the franchise has gained new fans since 2010. I'm hopeful but slightly discouraged by the prospects of the future of Tron and whether there will be one.
Anyone else feel like this?

I was thinking about this today and thought what the heck I will bump an old thread back into view.
So is anyone more hopeful or less hopeful that this will happen? I know there has been speculation that Tron: Uprising's success or failure would determine whether we see Tron 3. That is a little worrisome, because while the show is of the highest quality and has a loyal cult following, Disney was vague about when it would air and then after a few episodes air they bump it to another slot so few can keep track of where and when it will be on.
I do think a Tron 3 would be more successful than Tron: Legacy, being that I think the franchise has gained new fans since 2010. I'm hopeful but slightly discouraged by the prospects of the future of Tron and whether there will be one.
Anyone else feel like this?

I'm a fan of Tron. I'd love to see a Tron 3. But I am growing more discouraged and doubtful it will happen. Mostly over the greed in the film industry.

The idea that Legacy had to be a gigantic blockbuster success to earn a sequel is disturbing. Even though the ticket sales were lower than hoped it still made a hefty profit when you consider its pretty strong DVD sales and international earnings.

Not every film makes tons of money at the box office. Deal with it. Be happy with a profit at all. Stop screwing good films up with bad and expensive marketing and maybe you'll make more.

Anyway, I think a third film would be received equally as well as the 2nd if not more. I think a third film could have a more liberated story (without being teathered to Jeff Bridges), but still nostalgic, particularly if they utilize TRON more and make the MCP the major baddy. I know Cillian Murphy is planned to be one of the baddies. They should utilize him as sort of a Stark 2.0.

The MCP should be voiced by a major actor who has an established fan base that isn't typically known for sci-fi films. Imagine if they got a top notch draw like Denzel Washington to play the MCP's voice and face. It would actually broaden the customer base a lot.

I'm a fan of Tron. I'd love to see a Tron 3.

The MCP should be voiced by a major actor who has an established fan base that isn't typically known for sci-fi films. Imagine if they got a top notch draw like Denzel Washington to play the MCP's voice and face. It would actually broaden the customer base a lot.

Hahaha I reckon they should get dave chapell or rick james in I would love that.
Pimp my tron:)

Seriously though whatever it takes to make it a go should be done, get pluto and mickey in there aswell and throw jaja in for good measure.

I was very surprised to see legacy made at all and have mixed feelings over it.
Glad they made it but felt they short changed the fans,

Jeff bridges was still the dude we love but they could have done a lot better with the story.

Saying that tr3n could be good if they use a sark v 2.0 and resurect the mcp.
Bridges/flynn could also still be involved as they backed him up on disc:)
Only soloutions;)

The only AMAZING 3D I remember was in Dredd.
It was absolutely pointless in TL.

Fixed.

IMO the 3D in Legacy was perfect. Added a LOT of depth, no stupid tricks. Saw it in 3d both in IMAX and normal screen. Great both times.

Do you also hate color films over black and white? :cool:

Bleh... it's a gimmick. It adds nothing to films. You are actually getting a lower resolution film with 3D as well.

When they offer up the tech without the need for those stupid glasses, 3D may be worth something then.

Maybe he just doesn't need overrated parlor tricks to enjoy a movie. :huh

de5985d9c5b256ee03e527df6eea07b5.jpg

I saw Tron in 3D and I thought it was a waste of money, I mean yeah is nice (For a theme park ride...) but I just never see the point of 3D,

Specially in a world as dull as the one in Tron. Now don't get me wrong the movie looked amazing, but the 3D did nothing for me since there was not a lot going on for the sets and the background. I just didn't think it was great. Some scenes looked good but I didn't really enjoy the 3D

Back