Triad Toy's Dexter

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's a quality head, in terms of sculpted detail and textures and all that, it looks like a very realistic human..but the likeness is way off. Those who disagree, I'd be interested to see one screengrab that comes close to matching the look the figure has.

From the eyes up, it's great and looks like Michael C. Hall. From the nose down, it looks more like Josh Brolin in W.

Any idea on how much it will cost?

I got a feeling "release date" will be a touchy subject?

I think the Triad Dexter looks morelike House than their House does. And... it looks like he's trying to do a Nicholson impression of Jack doing the Joker. It is nice to see a medical drama getting a full line of figures but that Epps is way off. The chin is too pointy and Omar has a more round head.
Overall, they look ok for $40 figures.

Hmm, I see what you mean. They're selling the same head on a 1/6 body and it seems really tall:

That is because of the neck joint. I own Ada's Dexter head and it is a good size.

A lot of sculpted neck custom heads look ridiculous on an unmodified HT-style neck. The "short" neck connector sits up so high always it elongates the neck relative to Dragon figures.

That is because of the neck joint. I own Ada's Dexter head and it is a good size.

A lot of sculpted neck custom heads look ridiculous on an unmodified HT-style neck. The "short" neck connector sits up so high always it elongates the neck relative to Dragon figures.

Got pics of it friend? Would like to know how it looks modified.

Ada's Dexter head is very nice, it only really suffers in the sideview where the nose is off. I think she made it from looking at a single pic of Dexter.

this one:
dexter_gallery_g64_34.JPGcommand%20GetPreview&library%20Photo+Archive&RecID%201140722&Filename%20dexter_gallery_g64_34%20(2).jpg

The good news is that it looks just like that from the front view of the head.

Still trying to figure out what pic Triad used for reference though. This is the best I can come up with for now:

1056135.jpg

Well as everyone goes on liking or hating the Dexter.
I found out via the Triad forum, that a lot of the figures
displayed were one off prototype figures and sculpts will
for the most part, be reworked along with other parts of the
figures. Including more accessories.

The only one's that were final products were the
existing ones (Lola, Tekken...etc.).

The Dead Cell Jade around 99% finalized. Other Dead Cell close
as well. Nothing said about any others.

So, even though I like the Dexter figure, I'm excited at
the possiblities with further improvements and more accessories. :banana:banana

I just got back yesterday from TF and I check out all of these and I don't think any of the pics (even the ones I took) do justice for the Dexter. Is it 100%, not at all. But it looks much better than what I have seen posted in person. It was behind glass and had lighting from the top and none from the front so a lot of shadows were cast on the face.

If Hot Toys gets the Dexter license, what would you like to see included with a DX version?

Everything you guys have said, plus a coffee cup. Trinity would also be awesome to create this scene.

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/4KC4fu57ofk&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/4KC4fu57ofk&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

Back