Triad Toy's Dexter

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So it is in the works for sure?
--

Yes.

I'm looking to get a custom made but i'll wait and see if this is true
--

See the answer to your question above.

With that said . . . collectors . . . regardless of their interest . . . indifference . . . bias . . . preference . . . whatever . . . will wait and see when the figure is finally produced and released (pending final approval and production) . . . otherwise . . . you can always get a custom made one if you don't want to wait, etc. for whatever reasons.

:)

I'm too much a lazy bastard to get a custom (in this instance) . . . so I'll wait.

:)

No doubt, the one in the customs forum looks amazing. But, when it's $200 for just the outfit. . . that's way too rich for my blood. . . haha, I made a funny.

Not Dexter...
20100215_f54773bbe356491f87daP8oSjS4GcuWD.jpg

This is Dexter...

dexter-morgan-1200-1.JPG

I would say that both likenesses are equally"off". Both are decent, but neither is exactly right. Surprising, really, as he has very distinctive features. Of course, that can work against a sculptor as often as for him...PS

The above picture of Xenoviper's Dexter doesn't do the best job of showing how well he captured the likeness.

IMG_3834.jpg

IMG_3824.jpg

Maybe it's just me, but I think Michael C. Hall's likeness could be difficult to catch when it comes to his DEXTER character given his multitude of facial expressions where it is difficult to nail down that "one particular/specific" look.

Hopefully, we'll see Triad's DEXTER this year, but as with anything with regards to licensing . . . approvals . . . approvals . . . approvals . . . final signature on the dotted line . . . etc.

For me Dexter is all about his lack of empathy, his inability to properly express 'normal' human emotions. A great deal of his emotion is expressed via the mouth, but these do not easily translate to his eyes - for example Dexter will often have the corners of his mouth upturned in a smile, but the typical smile cues tend not to extend to his cheeks or eyes.

In each of the figures shown the opposite is the case - the mouth is pretty much neutral with all the emotion being shown in the eyes.

With the furrowed brow - not a look I would readily associate with Dexter - the artist has also missed an opportunity to reflect something of the playful nature of the Dexter character.

The Xenoviper sculpt is definitely Dexter. One thing that can really throw a Dexter sculpt off is eye placement, it's really important in selling the sculpt as the character. That's up to the painter to work that part out and it takes some serious work!

I'm just very impressed with the xeno sculpt, especially looking at the profile shot of it, it's dead on.

daydex.jpg

dexvsdex1.jpg

As for the Triad figure, I'm really hoping that is not even close to the finished product. I'm still looking forward to it when or if it ever happens, but they need to get the clothing right and a new headsculpt to impress collectors. Triad has really missed the bus on this one, it shoulda been out forever ago, now there's high-quality sculpts and clothing out there to be used as comparison. Kinda shot themselves in the foot ya know.

Maybe it's just me, but I think Michael C. Hall's likeness could be difficult to catch when it comes to his DEXTER character given his multitude of facial expressions where it is difficult to nail down that "one particular/specific" look.

Hall definitely seems tricky to nail down. I think the best we've gotten is Xeno's sculpt, which I think is amazing (I bought one), but I don't think it's 100% nailed. He looks a BIT too handsome and lacks some of Hall's curvier facial features.

On the other hand, I think Rainman's sculpt went too far in the other direction, and is too curvy/round-featured.

What are the chances Hot Toys makes Dexter? If not, Xeno and Kato is the only way to go.

i think i will have a try at sculpting Dexter . now i have a little time . so hopefully i can get it right . i want a mean sculpt , liked he's pissed off . the real monster will show

I'll still buy the Triad Dexter over any other Dexter.....simply because I wont have to pay 200 ____ing dollars for shirt and pants.....yeesh.

Back