Triad Toy's Dexter

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is nothing I haven't said at the Triad forum for Louie to read, but these figures are not ready for prime time. Louie says there will be further work on the sculpts, and Dexter will have many accessories.

But to me this sculpt shows a complete lack of grasp of the character. He looks like someone Dexter would cut up and stuff in a bag. Dexter seldom seems to be enjoying his work, it's more like he's compelled. This head looks feral. Dexter has an innocence about him, he's almost a prisoner living under sentence, and I think that's why others have suggested a neutral expression.

House is just a complete miss. Toss and start over.

Well then I'll say it, your custom looks way better. Head sculpt/expression is more accurate and the outfit is more accurate as well. Not to mention all the accessories.

I'll agree, I'm definitely going to buy this but I like 16k's sculpt more. It captures the look of the character a lot more.

20100215_f54773bbe356491f87daP8oSjS4GcuWD.jpg

front view...

and yes.. your custom was much better!

Thank you guys! :D

Well, I've seen him from the front angle and am not more convinced. Once again, dunno if it's the expression, but I don't picture him with that kind of frown...

But I'll buy it, as I said, just for the sake of having an official Dex! Love the body they're using, though!

:lol..........mmm- hmmm

sculpt definitely needs to be relaxed & calm. but i must say that the hair is very impressive.

I want to like that headsculpt, I don't think it's really bad. I think it's that expression that is killing it. I think with Dexter, you need to go with the big stupid fake smile or the cold stare. He really doesn't show other expressions that much.

I remember some great custom Dexter work from 16k, Elvis, Irishjedi and others. I think Ada Chan's sculpt could've been great with a little more work. I used her head for my Dexter, but I have one of 16k's Dexter sculpts that has been on the backburner for awhile now (it's an EXCELLENT Dexter sculpt, still the best I've seen).

Here's mine:

dmorgan1.jpg

dexmor2.jpg

dexmor4.jpg

You guys are crazy - that Dexter is great and the expression is excellent. Michael C. Hall has a certain innocence, but Dexter always looks uncomfortable and I think the expression captures that really well.

I wouldn't have dreamed they would do other figures from House besides House. That Foreman is pretty good and I'll get him to go with my Serang House. But I didn't recognize House until I saw the pill bottle in his pocket.

I actually think Dexter looks pretty damn good. It looks like he's going in for the kill. I would just say smooth out the furrowed brow. Michael C. Hall can do that eyebrow thing with out wrinkling up his forehead.

Definately getting it. Like the body and outfit. Hope it comes with some great accessories. The head does look a little weak, but we'll see towards the release of the actual figure.
P.S. Didn't someone make a cool headsculpt some time ago? And is it still available?

Definately getting it. Like the body and outfit. Hope it comes with some great accessories. The head does look a little weak, but we'll see towards the release of the actual figure.
P.S. Didn't someone make a cool headsculpt some time ago? And is it still available?

I don't think any of the customs we've seen are as good as the Triad one.

Elvis1976 did a pretty good job on his.

I still think this Triad looks like ass, they added like 20 more years to him. Pure Garbage.

I don't think any of the customs we've seen are as good as the Triad one.

Quality wise, I'd agree. The Triad body, gloves, knife and clothing look to be top quality (even though the figure would probably look 50% more like Dexter if the colors were a match to what he wears in like every single episode). As for the sculpt itself, great quality but 16k and Ada's sculpt looks more like the character.

Just seen this for the first time tonight :chew

I love it and i disagree with some of you that say the customs out there are better than this, this really looks like Dexter and i will definately pick it up :banana

Gee, thank you for adding such a sophisticated, constructive point to this thread. :rolleyes:

It's constructive enough....This figure is not worth my time to write a detailed post as to why I don't like it.

All i can say is that I feel that Triad is jiffing us by trying to sell us this crap. I'm with everyone else that said that there are customs made by forum members here that look ten times better that what Triad is trying to pull.

Don't even get me started on that poor excuse for the House figure.

Since collecting is such an expensive hobby...i only buy perfection....And this Dexter figure is not where near perfection.

I mean...i do appreciate you for posting up this thread...cuz now I know not to buy anything from them (well...maybe the Champloo stuff....maybe).

I think it definitely looks better than their House figure and the 6" Dexter figure, but definitely not perfect, and perfection is what a Dexter figure deserves.

I still think the best collectible out there for Dexter right now is the bobble head.

Back