Transformers: Fall of Cybertron

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Skyrim is a beast of a SP lol...and something like Arkham City also has a little bit of sandbox (though no where close to Skyrim) in the main campaign mode. But most SP games are linear and short (not counting RPGs). I think the linearity for these 2 Transformers games are really limiting and also makes it feel short, but the experience ("ride") is pretty great.

Loved this game and the cliffhanger they left us with at the end. bring on the 3rd game.

Well, I’ve also bought Halo, Battlefield, Operation Raccoon City, Gears of War and Left 4 Dead for the MP just as much as for the campaign. It depends if you enjoy, or even play, the MP portion of the game. If you don’t, I imagine you would feel a bit cheated. I play a lot online so the hours of entertainment easily justifies the cost down the road. I know plenty of people who really enjoyed FOC, but they also play online MP a lot so that is probably why the campaign length did not bother them.

Remember that FOC is also on the 360, which only has a 10 GB disc, so they have to make sure it fits on a single disc for that as well. As for games like Bioshock, the first didn't have MP and the second could be breezed through quickly if you chose to (I did a second play through in less than 10 hours). I think what it comes down to is what you want from the game. I enjoy shorter games as long as they have fun MP and if they don’t have MP, then I would expect a considerably longer single player campaign such as The Elder Scrolls or Dues Ex.

I get it that many people like MP out there, but it started in 1st person and now has made its way into 3rd person which used to always be a safe bet for a great SP experience. I want to be able to pick up a game that I want and not have a compromise based on the fact that MP has to be tacked onto eveything. I don't mind MP included, but not at the cost of the SP experience, which before broadband internet was the only real experience, except for same room co-op.

I get it that many people like MP out there, but it started in 1st person and now has made its way into 3rd person which used to always be a safe bet for a great SP experience. I want to be able to pick up a game that I want and not have a compromise based on the fact that MP has to be tacked onto eveything. I don't mind MP included, but not at the cost of the SP experience, which before broadband internet was the only real experience, except for same room co-op.

Trust me I understand where you are coming from. I am not a fan of the inclusion of MP in the Assassin’s Creed series. I didn’t buy Dead Space 2 because I remember beating the first in 10 hours give or take and since it was now going to include MP, which I had no interest in, I just rented it instead. I had worried about Mass Effect 3 including MP, but when I found out it had 2 discs, I pretty sure that they didn’t cut the game length down too much (plus the MP ended up being pretty fun).

I’m not a fan of having MP on every game that comes out either. Some games just don’t work well with it or even need it, but it happening more and more to the point where the compromise just have to be expected and excepted by the player or the player will just have to avoid the game, or at least prevent them from buying it. Rental will probably be the safer bet nowadays unless you know that the game will deliver exactly what you want from it.

Trust me I understand where you are coming from. I am not a fan of the inclusion of MP in the Assassin’s Creed series. I didn’t buy Dead Space 2 because I remember beating the first in 10 hours give or take and since it was now going to include MP, which I had no interest in, I just rented it instead. I had worried about Mass Effect 3 including MP, but when I found out it had 2 discs, I pretty sure that they didn’t cut the game length down too much (plus the MP ended up being pretty fun).

I’m not a fan of having MP on every game that comes out either. Some games just don’t work well with it or even need it, but it happening more and more to the point where the compromise just have to be expected and excepted by the player or the player will just have to avoid the game, or at least prevent them from buying it. Rental will probably be the safer bet nowadays unless you know that the game will deliver exactly what you want from it.

Yeah I agree. I am usually one that waits till Black Friday and Cyber Week to get 50% off or more rather than fill the pockets of game developers with full value. I made an exception with this one, however.

Just finished WOC.It felt good to finally have a good TF game,i really enjoyed it.
Now off to start on FOC.

Didn't play War but I played the demo for this and loved it. I might go pick this up today for the long weekend.

Is it worth to get War too? I know it's vital to understand the story of Fall.

I strongly recommend that you get WOC too.I finished it a couple of days agoo.

Best Transformers game ever made,but then again,we haven't had any good to compare with.The Bayformers games were terrible.

Didn't play War but I played the demo for this and loved it. I might go pick this up today for the long weekend.

Is it worth to get War too? I know it's vital to understand the story of Fall.

War plays just like Fall, just slightly less polished. While it helps, I wouldn't say that it is completely necessary to understand Fall. It is just as much fun as Fall has been so far so I would recommend it just for that.

If you are getting it for the 360, you might want to try checking out Wal-Mart because you can get War for free (via Live download).

War plays just like Fall, just slightly less polished. While it helps, I wouldn't say that it is completely necessary to understand Fall. It is just as much fun as Fall has been so far so I would recommend it just for that.

If you are getting it for the 360, you might want to try checking out Wal-Mart because you can get War for free (via Live download).

Wal-Mart doesn't like PS3 :(

Which is what I have. I might just pick up War first.

Is the Multiplayer Campaign the same as the solo Campaign?It would be damn fun to try it,since your Robot team barely does any damage and you always feel like the enemy is targeting you.FOC is slightly better than WFC on that though.

Back