Transformers: Fall of Cybertron

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm sure that Gamestop exclusive will be released as DLC at some point.

METROPLEX FTW! Megatron just crapped some energon!

While that's more than guaranteed that'll happen, I won't be able to wait and it's perfect since I was probably gonna order from GS anyway. Can't wait:impatient:

And ditto on Metroplex, makes me wanna get an Encore figure now.

Love when Amazon gets me my orders a day early:

F2BDC491-53D2-49F8-AF78-B8CBCE3BE5ED-664-0000006BD5ECAFDD.jpg

I ordered both games the other day,i haven't played the first one yet.Off course,gotta have the G1 Optimus skin so i PO'd from Gamestop.

played the demo on ps3 and it looked terrible.
looked like it was running on 480p.

getting this for pc for sure.

played the first one on xbox. replaying it again on pc before I play part 2.

looks so epic!

I played through the first chapter and half into the second. It's really fun. If you liked the first, you'll like the second.

Im having fun with it so far, I traded in 10 games for it....kinda feel like a chump for doing that because although I was done with those games many were still pretty good and worth another playthrough...not to mention its about $600 worth of games traded for a $60 game but whateva!
I do feel all the Transformers seem a little short and compact though.

So... retailers exclusives, they kind of bug me. I'm getting FOC from Amazon, b/c it's a good deal and I'm not living near a Gamestop anymore. However, the G1 Optimus skin sounds awesome, I didn't even bother looking into it, lol. So, while Bruticus will be bad ass, I wish I could use the G1 Optimus skin as well. Oh well, I can't wait to get the game. Hows it seem so far?

So... retailers exclusives, they kind of bug me. I'm getting FOC from Amazon, b/c it's a good deal and I'm not living near a Gamestop anymore. However, the G1 Optimus skin sounds awesome, I didn't even bother looking into it, lol. So, while Bruticus will be bad ass, I wish I could use the G1 Optimus skin as well. Oh well, I can't wait to get the game. Hows it seem so far?

Same here, too late to the dance for the G1 skin... What part of NC?

Are the skins only usable in the multiplayer rounds or can you use them during the campaign? I'd prefer to make my own unique character for the multiplayer anyways.

Same here, too late to the dance for the G1 skin... What part of NC?

Yeah, oh well. $60 is already enough of a trip, I'm not spending $60 for G1, lol. The Outer Banks actually, born and raised. I don't do very well away from the Ocean. :lol

Are the skins only usable in the multiplayer rounds or can you use them during the campaign? I'd prefer to make my own unique character for the multiplayer anyways.

No idea. I know Bruticus from Amazon is for single player play.

Downloading this on steam soon, loved the first one. Agree that co-op (lack off, especially considering the 1st one had co-op) is strange...

Swoop is only for MP, while the G1 Optimus can be used in both campaign and MP.

Well damn, if this isn't the shortest game I've played in awhile. Bought it Saturday, was into Chapter 6 that day. Yesterday was into Chapter 10 and see there's only 12. For $60 bucks, that's a rip-off. This was the one game I was really looking forward to and was willing to pay full price (as I normally just wait and wait on games to be down to 29 or lower, as frankly that's about what they are truly worth from a gameplay perspective). This is ridiculous. Looks like they spent their time on all the MP stuff that not everyone uses. I could care less about MP on certain games. I want a solid single player campaign worth the 60 bucks. Other games can do it. Just finished Deus Ex and it more that paid for itself. This game could have had so much more to do, more levels and characters. The Bruticus level was so short and uninspired. Also, I think there's more Decepticon missions than Autobot. WTF? It's really not much of an improvement over the first one. It's fun, but way too short. Unless I get home and those last two missions magically are 2hrs each, this game is about a 8hr-10hr game tops and likely shorter on lower difficulties.

Well damn, if this isn't the shortest game I've played in awhile. Bought it Saturday, was into Chapter 6 that day. Yesterday was into Chapter 10 and see there's only 12. For $60 bucks, that's a rip-off. This was the one game I was really looking forward to and was willing to pay full price (as I normally just wait and wait on games to be down to 29 or lower, as frankly that's about what they are truly worth from a gameplay perspective). This is ridiculous. Looks like they spent their time on all the MP stuff that not everyone uses. I could care less about MP on certain games. I want a solid single player campaign worth the 60 bucks. Other games can do it. Just finished Deus Ex and it more that paid for itself. This game could have had so much more to do, more levels and characters. The Bruticus level was so short and uninspired. Also, I think there's more Decepticon missions than Autobot. WTF? It's really not much of an improvement over the first one. It's fun, but way too short. Unless I get home and those last two missions magically are 2hrs each, this game is about a 8hr-10hr game tops and likely shorter on lower difficulties.

I knew it was going to be a rather short single player campaign. Honestly, I would think that it would have been common knowledge, or at least, expected that the campaign would last 10 hours or less. It was designed to tell a section of a story, which it did, but the main selling point, I would think, would have been the MP, which is why I bought it now instead of waiting. If you seriously expected FOC to be like 20-30 hours or higher just for the SP, then I gotta say that it is really just on you. WFC was the same way - decent but short SP and a fun MP. Very few games with a SP campaign and a MP section that come on a single disc are gonna have long campaigns.

If you want the SP portion’s length to justify buying a game at full price, then I’d steer clear of any game with MP. Personally, I bought it for the MP and the time spent playing online will more than justify the cost, so I have no complaints about the shortness of the campaign.

I knew it was going to be a rather short single player campaign. Honestly, I would think that it would have been common knowledge, or at least, expected that the campaign would last 10 hours or less. It was designed to tell a section of a story, which it did, but the main selling point, I would think, would have been the MP, which is why I bought it now instead of waiting. If you seriously expected FOC to be like 20-30 hours or higher just for the SP, then I gotta say that it is really just on you. WFC was the same way - decent but short SP and a fun MP. Very few games with a SP campaign and a MP section that come on a single disc are gonna have long campaigns.

If you want the SP portion’s length to justify buying a game at full price, then I’d steer clear of any game with MP. Personally, I bought it for the MP and the time spent playing online will more than justify the cost, so I have no complaints about the shortness of the campaign.

I don't know anyone that buys games outside of Call of Duty, etc. just for the multiplayer. Many Transformers fans bought and were disappointed by the first one's short gameplay for single player. It was one of the factors that lowered its overall score on many game websites. As a developer you can make all fans happy. We are talking about a 50GB disc, more than enough room for a game the size of Metal Gear Solid or like I mentioned, Deus Ex, but obviously no one thought it would be that long. 15hrs is a good Uncharted timeframe, which is in the same genre. Hell, there are many 3rd person games that have MP, but also solid SP. Even 1st person shooter like Bioshock have long SP modes. They just cut it short on this game.

I don't know anyone that buys games outside of Call of Duty, etc. just for the multiplayer. Many Transformers fans bought and were disappointed by the first one's short gameplay for single player. It was one of the factors that lowered its overall score on many game websites. As a developer you can make all fans happy. We are talking about a 50GB disc, more than enough room for a game the size of Metal Gear Solid or like I mentioned, Deus Ex, but obviously no one thought it would be that long. 15hrs is a good Uncharted timeframe, which is in the same genre. Hell, there are many 3rd person games that have MP, but also solid SP. Even 1st person shooter like Bioshock have long SP modes. They just cut it short on this game.

Well, I’ve also bought Halo, Battlefield, Operation Raccoon City, Gears of War and Left 4 Dead for the MP just as much as for the campaign. It depends if you enjoy, or even play, the MP portion of the game. If you don’t, I imagine you would feel a bit cheated. I play a lot online so the hours of entertainment easily justifies the cost down the road. I know plenty of people who really enjoyed FOC, but they also play online MP a lot so that is probably why the campaign length did not bother them.

Remember that FOC is also on the 360, which only has a 10 GB disc, so they have to make sure it fits on a single disc for that as well. As for games like Bioshock, the first didn't have MP and the second could be breezed through quickly if you chose to (I did a second play through in less than 10 hours). I think what it comes down to is what you want from the game. I enjoy shorter games as long as they have fun MP and if they don’t have MP, then I would expect a considerably longer single player campaign such as The Elder Scrolls or Dues Ex.

Back