TRANSFORMERS 5: The Last Knight

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Does Grimlock play a decent role in this?

I loved his appearance in Age of Extinction.

Not even in a single battle. Basically just a big junkyard dog.

Pretty much.

Spoiler*****
The scene where Grimlock pops out of the ground in the trailer is the extent of his "battles" and the last time we see him.
Prior to that there's a scene where he throws up a squad car.

Nothing else.

But Optimus is only in about 10 minutes of the 2hour and 28min run time.

The focus is more on Cogman and Bumblebee.
Mainly on Cogman, and I hate him.

Really? I'm not going to see it in theaters, maybe rent it when it comes out on DVD. I'm just assuming this movie is like the last 4, first half is just pointless human garble, new Autobots get little screentime, and the bad guys are just cannon fodder.

You think it would make sense to have a brute like Grimlock in the final battle to kick ass. All the other Autobots showed up. Pure **** movie.

So how many robots that are begging for mercy does Optimus execute in this one?

That totally betrayed his G1 character. These movies would've been wise to try to emulate those old cartoons, hopefully there'll be a reboot sometime soon.

I enjoyed it for what it is. Could it have been better....um absolutely. Could the plot have been more streamline and made more sense.....definitely. That being said Anthony Hopkins and Cogman made it watchable for me.

The inconsistency of the storylines is what really kills it for me. The allspark is supposed to be what created everything on cybertron according to the first movie. Now its supposedly quintessa according to TLK? The transformers first visited earth 10 million years ago to harvest the Earth's sun in ROTF, but according to TLK the 12 knights stole the staff from Quintessa and came to Earth in 484 B.C.

AOE shows us that "creators" visited earth during the dinosaur era and wiped everything out to harvest "transformium" to make the transformers. Quintessa is supposed to be THE Creator, yet in AOE there were a lot of "creator" ships.

In short, I think its painfully obvious each movie was written to be its own movie and not really a sequel as the movies do not tie together very well in storyline.

The thing about these movies is that they are poorly executed versions of themselves.

TF: Historic event at North Pole, item 1 Glasses that leads to, macguffin 2 AllSpark, Boss Villain Megatron, Optimus outro.
ROTF: Historic even at Pyramids, item 1 Allspark Shard that leads to, macguffin 2 Matrix of Leadership, Boss Villain The Fallen, Optimus outro.
DOTM: Historic event Moon Landing, item 1 Matrix of Leadership that leads to, macguffin 2 The Pillars, Boss Villain Sentinel Prime, 1 armed Prime outro.
AOE: Historic event Extinction of dinosaurs, item 1 Transformium that leads to, machuffin 2 The Seed, Main Villain Lockdown, Optimus outro.
TLK: Historic event English Battle of King Arthur, item 1 Medallion of the Knights that leads to, macguffin 2 Merlin's Staff, Main Villain Quintessa, Optimus outro.

It gets tiring.

The thing about these movies is that they are poorly executed versions of themselves.

TF: Historic event at North Pole, item 1 Glasses that leads to, macguffin 2 AllSpark, Boss Villain Megatron, Optimus outro.
ROTF: Historic even at Pyramids, item 1 Allspark Shard that leads to, macguffin 2 Matrix of Leadership, Boss Villain The Fallen, Optimus outro.
DOTM: Historic event Moon Landing, item 1 Matrix of Leadership that leads to, macguffin 2 The Pillars, Boss Villain Sentinel Prime, 1 armed Prime outro.
AOE: Historic event Extinction of dinosaurs, item 1 Transformium that leads to, machuffin 2 The Seed, Main Villain Lockdown, Optimus outro.
TLK: Historic event English Battle of King Arthur, item 1 Medallion of the Knights that leads to, macguffin 2 Merlin's Staff, Main Villain Quintessa, Optimus outro.

It gets tiring.

:lol:lol:lol Michael Bay, here is your next writer for Transformers 6, unless you decide to change the formula.

I wonder if he has the same writer for all the films.

It gets tiring.

That's why I didn't watch this one. It's boring . Historical event, have to find some world ending artifact, leads to a huge fight with military and with robots in the background, end credits.

I loved the first movie. Got me into transformers. It was a fun ride. Now I'm like this series just needs a long rest. Or a reboot that pleases the fans

It isnt even funny to make fun of this anymore... it isnt even amusing to mock something so terrible and idiotic.

Its like the resident evil franchise, the movies are so bad that you just end up annoying angry and depressed that these things not only get made wasting so much money but they do well enough because people have no decency or any standards overseas.
It hurts my head to see how well this and resident evil gave done

It isnt even funny to make fun of this anymore... it isnt even amusing to mock something so terrible and idiotic.

Its like the resident evil franchise, the movies are so bad that you just end up annoying angry and depressed that these things not only get made wasting so much money but they do well enough because people have no decency or any standards overseas.
It hurts my head to see how well this and resident evil gave done

I love the Transformers franchise (G1 and especially Beast Wars) and I love the classic Resident Evil games. Unfortunately, whenever I mention these two names to my friends, they think of the movies and associate me with them. Both of these adaptations has nothing to do with what I love about the respective series.

With that said, I hope they reboot this to make a REAL TF film with no humans at all.

Back