TRANSFORMERS 5: The Last Knight

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I love the Transformers franchise (G1 and especially Beast Wars) and I love the classic Resident Evil games. Unfortunately, whenever I mention these two names to my friends, they think of the movies and associate me with them. Both of these adaptations has nothing to do with what I love about the respective series.

With that said, I hope they reboot this to make a REAL TF film with no humans at all.

I'm in the same boat, but we both know they will never make a bots only TF movie, unless it's animated. I enjoyed watching the first movie, and I actually enjoyed, believe it or not, Dark of the Moon, but they really lost me with AOE. I really hope this franchise gets a proper reboot that reflects the original content and has a thorough story line and plot. Sadly I don't see that happening any time soon.

Just reboot it and do it right. As long as people keep supporting these crappy movies,they will keep making more crap

Well.... I didn't learn my lesson the 1st time
This time I didn't pay a cent though, but the continuity errors were even more apparent.

Also, I have to retract my statements about Grimlock.
He does make an other appearance for roughly 7 seconds.
Big spoilers below:

Spoiler Spoiler:

I'm very glad I didn't waste time and money on this. It's a real shame how awful this movie franchise got. It has all of the potential in the world to be something amazing, and yet it's been reduced to this crap.

I knew what to expect before watching this, but my god even for Bay, this was truly bad. Worst movie in the series. The bad comedy was taken even further than the prequals(like that was even possible?). It was forced, and then some.
And when you manage to make Optimus boring and no epic Optimus moments like we had in at least the first 3, then there is not much watchable about it.

Even though the movie wasn't very good, at least Optimus and Megatron were cool. I felt Meg was more in character this time around. Arm canon FTW.

Spoiler Spoiler:

They were only in the movie for a little bit though, and everything else was meh.

I don't know if it's considered spoiler or not, but is Megatron in this movie as Galvatron from the last? Or is the Last Knight P1 statue version of him in this other than a flashback, which is what I originally assume? That arm cannon tease got me excited.

This movie acts like Galvatron never existed.
Megatron is simply there...as if nothing ever happened.

Additionally, at least to me...he was out of character and basically just another of Quintessa's goons.
When he was asked what he wanted, his reply was; "What anyone wants...to go home".
I though....poor Megs. Put the poor guy in a homeless shelter or something.
There was nothing menacing about it as I was rooting for the Decepticons at that point. The Autobots injure more humans in this movie than the Decepticons.

This movie acts like Galvatron never existed.
Megatron is simply there...as if nothing ever happened.

Additionally, at least to me...he was out of character and basically just another of Quintessa's goons.
When he was asked what he wanted, his reply was; "What anyone wants...to go home".
I though....poor Megs. Put the poor guy in a homeless shelter or something.
There was nothing menacing about it as I was rooting for the Decepticons at that point. The Autobots injure more humans in this movie than the Decepticons.
I did catch the end of that film where Optimus brutally kills a bunch of Decepticons. He's not a particularly sympathetic character to me at that point, though in fairness, no character in any Michael Bay movie ever can be all that sympathetic.

I hope Peter Cullen bails if the future movies are these levels of lowbrow shlock. He's known to be very protective of Optimus, and won't even do parodies. These movies are an insult to the character.

I agree.
Prior to his murder spree Prime asked, "Have you forgotten who I am?".
I thought, "Have you?"

Why do such a thing?? Just smash your hand with a hammer. It will be cheaper, and ultimately less traumatic.

I hope Peter Cullen bails if the future movies are these levels of lowbrow shlock. He's known to be very protective of Optimus, and won't even do parodies. These movies are an insult to the character.
Probably the biggest paychecks he's had in his life. I doubt he is willing to leave that gravy train on principle. And I don't blame him for that.

Back