TOYS OF THE PAST

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
These take me back to the days of watching re-runs of the 60's Batman show when we only had like 5 channels and big dials that made that loud clicking noise when you turned them to change the channel.

psh.jpg

psh2.jpg

psh3.jpg

I had these:
trolldolls2.jpg

My first collection - the wonderful Troll dolls....I also had a few Smurfs as well...but the item I had that was the most sought after back in the day, was the rideable Trans Am pedal car. It was black with the gold eagle and I would race that baby up and down my driveway spitting at the feet of all who stood in my way!!!! Wish I could find a picture of it to show everyone...it was a beauty!

man, most of the things in this thread brings back memories of stuff i had forgotten about...except for the made up story about GI joes being 12". :)

it made me think of the cartoon/figs that were a knock off of Transformers....i remember my grandmother bought me one at TG&Y. anyone remember them?

And when I was really young - Major Matt Mason!

Matt1.jpg

A friend of mine had the lunar base - man, I wanted that so much!

mason_station.jpg

And of course Captain Lazer, a 12 inch figure that was part of the 8 inch Major Matt Mason line. I didn't understand it, but his eyes and chest flashed and he was really, really cool!

clazer.jpg

The Castle Greyskull and Ewok Village were my two absolute faves! :monkey2

Wow, can't believe no one has mention these:

ssp.jpg

SSP! Remember the rip cord?

The bane of every mom's existence who had boys. That rubber bumper in front could markup the baseboards real good!

Man, am I really that old? :emperor

Last edited:
Polystoner said:
Wow, can't believe no one has mention these:

ssp.jpg

SSP! Remember the rip cord?

The bane of every mom's existence who had boys. That rubber bumper in front could markup the baseboards real good!

Man, am I really that old? :emperor
I remember I had a Tron toy like that.

rabidwolverine21 said:
Ditto i still like the show more then the comics, i love the dvd volumes i grew up with the very same toy man, i have no joke 100s of those old broken worn out toys.

you're my ikea guy.

My toys :

-MotU (HM , Skelly , Battlecat , MAA , Ram Man)

-TMNT (the 4 turtles , Splinter , Shredder , April 2nd figure)

-Lego (yellow train station , freight train , pirate island , governors ship & island , prolly had a medieval castle also)

-Playmobile (Indians , crocs , white school bus....the last thing I bought were the polar bears when they on sale)

-Transformers (sea monster with tentacles , crocodile , a tank....never had Optimus :(

Anyone remember the 80s figure animals with clothes , I had the bear family (but there were others also....goats and various other animals ?)

i had to resurrect this thread. Thank you for reminding me of toys I had as a kid that I would have NEVER remember existed. Now I have to track them all down and buy them!

I just bought a ZOIDS!

I knew a kid with the GIJOE Aircraft carrier. Bastard wouldnt let me touch it.

This here was the biggest toy I ever had. For me, this was my ultimate pride and joy as a kid back in 1988, the Rolling Thunder:

rollingthunder_leftfront_ext_iso.jpg

https://www.yojoe.com/vehicles/88/rollingthunder/

Last edited:
Back