TOYS OF THE PAST

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My brother and I still have every single ninja turtle figure ever made--I don't know how we did it but we got them all!

But does anybody, ANYBODY, remember those ninja figures that each came in a different color and with a different animal? My brother had a gray one with a sparkling blue robe and a horse, but I just can't remember what they are called because I was so young. I want to get him on off of ebay for his birthday, but I have no clue as to what I'm looking for. Any help would be great.

Here a few of mine.

lawndarts.jpg

8-Water_Rockets.jpg

Didn't we have such safe toys as kids. :lol

snakebeater said:
BTAScombatbeltbatman.jpg

believe it or not, I liked the show BEFORE I liked the comics.. this show means alot to me... my dad got it for me when I was about 3-4.....

Ditto i still like the show more then the comics, i love the dvd volumes i grew up with the very same toy man, i have no joke 100s of those old broken worn out toys.

The ill Jedi said:
Teddy Ruxpin!! My little brother had one, I think I enjoyed every bit as much as he did! :D

I never had the Teddy Ruxpin, but instead had the real-talking Alf. Which was the same toy, but cooler because it was Alf!

Mine trumps all your guys' stuff. Mine was a three -foot talking Big Bird!!!

My brother and I would play opera tapes and rocks tapes and stuff on him. Now THAT was a cool sight!

I had a 2' tall godzilla with a flame tongue.
Big Jim, Big Jack and Big Josh.
Steve Scout.
The Action Jackson Jungle Treehouse
I had these cool pirates that were about 7 inches high and a pirate ship made of vinyl covered cardboard that folded up.

I had some old batman figures that I have since not been able to track down. They were from the late 70's or very early 80's and they were 3 3/4 scale The body was all plastic while the head and cape were a single rubber piece. I also had a superman like this as well.

Bardoon said:
BATTLE BEASTS! :rock

1PirateLion1a.jpg

YES! These along with TMNT and GI Joe were my faves!

Wow, some great posts here, I love seeing these old toys. :lol

LOTRFan said:
YES! These along with TMNT and GI Joe were my faves!

Wow, some great posts here, I love seeing these old toys. :lol

See, a thread like this "actually" makes me "feel" old! I can remember meeting Eastman and Laird at comic conventions when TMNT were still just an independent comic book with so-so sales!!!

Hows about:

Army Ants
army_ants_04.gif
army_ants_06.gif

Food Fighters
food.jpg

Power Lords
24931_petite.jpg
pl_adam_crop.jpg
AdamPowerLoose1b.jpg

ArkusLooseComp1a.jpg

Star Trek 3 3/4" from Mego
mego_trek3.jpg

Zoids (old school 80's)
z_5.jpg

and finally... for now

Ghostbusters
rayegon.gif

I had my fair share of Army Ants and Ghostbusters, that cartoon rocked too! :monkey5

I loved the Ghostbusters cartoon when I was a kid! Had some of the figures, but never all 4 of the main characters. I do know I had a Venkman though :rock

I actually had to do a lot of research to figure out what the Power Lords figures were called a few years back. I only had one mini-figure left from when I was a kid and as an adult had no idea what it was... finally looking through a toy guide I was ble to figure it out.

Very fun figures, and very 80's!!!

Back