New here, Time to introduce myself!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Where to begin?..........

I work in the Security field in my 9 to 5 job life, I'm a single father raising 5 amazing children......6 if you count myself because let's face it I have as many cool toys as my kids do, or at least that's what they tell me.

I took over running the Mississippi chapter of the GIJOE Collectors Club, with a few dedicated friends, we have scouting parties, barbecues, and out of the bunch I'm the odd duck, because while everyone else collects the 1/18th scale little guys, I collect the .......yep you guessed it the 1/6 big boys!.....and girls (let's not forget GIJANE).

In my spare time away from work, and the club I run my facebook page (Living the Adventure Dios). Now here on sideshow freaks I see a lot of people who cast, scratchbuild, sew and make me just go WOW.....What you guys do with materials, I do on a computer, I make backgrounds, dio items, playsets, all printable papercraft, and all available for free from my facebook, Why do I do it?.......well let's face it no one else (Hasbro, Mattel, Ban Dai) none of them are really catering to playsets for our figures anymore.

My first playset that I remember owning was a Star Wars diorama that came packaged with a tie fighter, it was thin paperlike material, but it was cool, later my parents bought me the tatooine cantina cardboard playset that came with the blue snaggletooth, and the cloud city playset....all paper, but lots of fond memories.

Also in or around 1982-83 I started collecting this cool little soldier, perhaps like me all of you did, And it's first playset was YEP, made out of a paperlike material, we're talking about the cobra sears playset.

fast forward to the present, growing up I was unaware of palitoy (the U.K. version that produced star wars and action force). And palitoy produced a deathstar, and an action force headquarters, both yep....out of a paperlike material. The Transformers did the same.....TWICE, once with Warren's activity center and once with it's mail away S.T.A.R.S. playset, both highly collectable and scarce!

And what's the point you may be asking?.......I have reproduced most of them, and modernized and customized some as well.

That's enough about me, kids are calling me, seems like my Doctor Isotope is freaking them out.

Sounds like you've done some cool work. I'd love to see the Deathstar it you've reproduced it. Welcome to the forum! :wave

I'm more impressed that you are raising 5 kids on your own-I have one teenage daughter and my most of my non working time is devoted to her (she's my best friend)-my hat is off to you for that. Welcome to the boards!

These are my biggest fans, (My kids) Thanks for the warm welcome guys!

11149433_10153362571205774_6990833456347169915_n.jpg
[/url][/IMG]

Back