My Pumpkinhead Collection

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chakor

Super Freak
CF Supporter
Reaction score
I'm not entirely sure where to put this as some action figures are in this collection, but the rest of my collection is posters and props. There really ought to be a "General Horror Collectibles" board here...

Pumpkinhead was one of the first monster movies that I saw as a kid, and I hold major respect for it as such. I was never really big into slasher movies, but I've always been a sucker for monster movies like this. This film is far too often not respected and appreciated for the piece of 80's gold that it truly is. The film had atmosphere akin to, if not superior than, that of John Carpenter's Halloween (one of my only favorites in the world of slasher films), and featured beyond fantastic creature design and effects. The film also touched upon the consequences of the desire for revenge in a way that a lot of the classics never really did. All opinions about the film and its title aside, the original Pumpkinhead is simply a titan of a film where creature effects and atmosphere are concerned, and it deserves respect.

Without further ado, here is my complete Pumpkinhead collection.

First is my most prized Pumpkinhead collectible; the Don Post Studios Pumpkinhead mask and hands set. This product was originally intended for release for the Halloween season of 2012, but Don Post ultimately ended up cancelling the project due to lack of retailer interest. I was lucky enough to obtain one of the very few copies that were made via a friend of mine on Facebook. I would never sell this piece for any price; you could offer me $1,000 for it and I would still refuse. This piece is going to the grave with me.

The paint on this mask and hands set is the best and most accurate I have ever seen on an officially licensed Pumpkinhead product. It captures essentially all of the unique details of the monster, and Bruce Spaulding Fuller really knocked it out of the pumpkin patch with his original sculpt for the head!

dpph2.png

Next is my two copies of the SOTA Toys Mega Scale Pumpkinhead from the short-lived "Now Playing" line. Jean St. Jean's sculpt for this figure is the best out there as far as I'm concerned, and you can tell that he really put a lot of effort into it. However, the paint is utterly appalling. It hardly does the creature justice, and it's almost an insult to the Pumpkinhead character and Jean St. Jean's original sculpt. The choice of color for the skin is just all wrong and, in my personal opinion, is the origin of all the "Pumpkinhead looks too much like the Giger Alien" insults. The paint for the claws and teeth, on the other hand, is okay.

The figure on the left I got used from eBay for about $75. It also has a very odd warp in the right leg, which I have since managed to fix via use of a hairdryer. The figure on the right I got new in the box for about $200 via a horror pawn shop. You can see that the right leg of the figure on the left is different compared to the figure on the right.

sotaph2.png

Here is the second figure sealed in the box.

sotaph1.png

Here is my McFarlane Movie Maniacs Pumpkinhead. I think the sculpt of this figure is great, save for the lack of tip on the tail and the slightly inaccurate toe claws. However, the paint isn't really any better than what we saw with SOTA's figure, and it simply doesn't capture all of the unique details of the creature.

6iOTjCx.png

Next is my Scream Factory Pumpkinhead poster. I never purchased the Blu-ray since I don't currently own a Blu-ray player, but I got this poster alone via eBay.

SFPH.png

And lastly, here is another rare find... This is an original Pumpkinhead poster, identical to the posters put out in theatres in 1987 for the film's proposed Halloween release, until DEG, the original distributor of the film, filed for bankruptcy and thus left the film unreleased until MGM picked it up in 1988 and gave it a very limited theatrical release. I picked up this poster new sealed in shrink wrap for $10 with free shipping... Talk about a steal!

14915478_620231071513374_8131971898703442134_n.jpg

Thanks for looking,
Chakor Channing

Nice collection! I love Pumpkinhead. He's one of those characters that there's not many collectibles out there for, like Ghostface. It makes it fun to collect.

Awesome collection, I have the mask and figures as well, never picked up the hands though. I intended in taking the Sota toys figure Repainting it and making a Ed Harley 1:6 figure using the old Sideshow X-Files figure

...I have the mask and figures as well, never picked up the hands though.

? You mean you actually got a hold of a Don Post Pumpkinhead without the hands? DPS never planned on offering the set without the hands that I know of, and I believe all factory samples included the hands (I could be wrong though). Could you post some pics? :wink1:

Back