Top 10 Favorite Film Characters of All Time!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
To each his own... but those 'characters' aren't very interesting.

Interesting characters and favorite characters are not the same thing. For me, the ten most interesting characters would have probably only a couple in common with my ten favorite.

SnakeDoc

It's sad that many young folks dont find the old films especially B&W film interesting...I tried quite a few times to show my nieces nephews some of the old stuff...The attention span for lots of youth has gone down the toilet IMHO

Agreed. Favorite is a personal thing. Which is why maybe you neither you nor I should criticize the choices being made in the thread.

The only critique I have is that many obviosly dont like or dont remember the first 75 years of film both silent and sound....I guess age has something to do with it

Dirty Harry
Deckard
Indy
Darth Vader
Anton Chigurh
Gunslinger (Yul Brynner, "Westworld"(1973))
Rambo
Mad Max
Cunningham (Tim Roth, "Rob Roy" (1995))
Cerdic (Stellan Skarsgard, "King Arthur" (2004))

The only critique I have is that many obviosly dont like or dont remember the first 75 years of film both silent and sound....I guess age has something to do with it

I have characters from the 70s onward on my list. It probably has a lot to do with my personal exposure to films being that I'm 35. But again the thread refers to FAVORITE. so whys is it a shame?

For Mel Gibson it would be Mad Max, WW and Martin Riggs...I even liked him in The Patriot...Harrison Ford as Deckard for me...yes even before HS and IJ

I have characters from the 70s onward on my list. It probably has a lot to do with my personal exposure to films being that I'm 35. But again the thread refers to FAVORITE. so whys is it a shame?

It's leaving out 75 years of film...that speaks volumes...Alotta kids dont even know who John Wayne was...That is a shame...to me any way

Well all time most memorable/best is one thing, but since we're doing personal favorites, I'd go like this.

Indiana Jones
James Bond (Connery Era)
Rick Deckard
Travis Bickle
Alexander Delarge
Jeffery Lebowski
Tony Stark
Man With No Name
Snake Plissken
Raoul Duke

I would have to think about top 10 best real hard...It's tough...so many favorites to choose from......for me King Kong would be in it...Deckard too...Ethan Edwards, Sean Thornton, ...Some films themselves to me have so many great characters in them I cant pick my favorite...The Wild Bunch for example, The Godfather had so many memorable characters it's hard...you just dont think about Michael and Vito...Even the Blues brothers I would list as one favorite character...Even the entire cast of Reservoir Dogs...LOL

Last edited:
Predator
Iron man
Heath Joker
Witch king
Guyver
Bale Batman
Terminator Arnold
Minions despicable me
Jack Skellington
Aragorn

I know it's people favorites and all that, but there's far too many Tony Stark's and Bale's Batman for an "all time" list. They're too damn recent.

Seeing as most of us are superhero fans, those 2 franchises are at the top of the best all time franchises and characters. Being recent doesn't mean much. I appreciate the Keaton bats, as he was the first I saw, but bale is a more bad *** bats than Keaton. I love the 89 batmobile more, but that's a different topic.

It's a shame that most peoples lists don't have a single female

I saw a few, Ripley and Alice,

I guess if you divide it by gender (10 each) then you will see a lot more, I mean if you only think if your top 10 female characters you will see a lot.
(I might do that right now, 10 and 10)

Back