THX 1138 Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There is a custom 1/6 Cop and bike on eBay that has a pretty good looking cop helmet. The figure on it kind of looks like a 20th century toys figure... but not sure.

The helmet isn't 100% accurate, but could be a good enough alternative.

Funny how this dead thread when into becoming a reality. I can't wait to see what you guys come up with. :rock

I found the helmet with help from Pjam... there is a 12" GI Joe Motorcycle cop and I he comes with what looks to be a great helmet.

Downside is it seems you have to buy him and the bike to get it :lol There was a loose one ending in a bit, but sadly the guy has the wrong damn helmet :duh

Here's the listing for the right one:
GI Joe Motorcycle Cop

And really not a bad price for the complete figure... so if anyone needs that bike and wants to donate the helmet for casting that'd be killer :rock

But given that this could be a hard part to find I think maybe casting the head and helmet as one piece could be the way to go.

I found an image of a mask online... I think it would be fairly easy to do. I'll take a crack at sculpting it and post my results. And according to the listing of the prop was covered in silverleaf which would be easy to do on a 1/6 figure; just bought a silverleaf pen earlier today :lol

THX-1138 Mask

I think the next hurdle is finding/making/modifying a helmet.

Cool the pics are great reference material.

The gi joe cop helmet looks like a good match but hard to find on its own so maybe the link below by evilface is a good way to go and a bit of work repainting and adding a visor.
https://www.elitebrigade.com/f_itemPa...rPart=GIEU-15Q

Interested to see what you come up with regards to the mask.

I thought the mask was chrome plated but silver leaf eh?

Thanks for the comments and suggestions, glad to see this becoming a reality;)

So here is a very early... and quite rough WIP shot. A lot will be changed (mouth, forehead, length of brow, etc.) and smoothed out before this is final. But, just an idea of what this could look like.

thxa.jpg

Thanks man :duff Its still early... but I've done a bit more work and think this will flesh out really well.

If anyone can get a clear image of a profile I'd appreciate it. That way I can see where the seam needs to be.

And I played around with the silver leaf pen on my Alien figure... looks awesome! I think this project could really turn out pretty cool.

Thanks Batty... for some reason I was unable to find the large size images on that site; only the small ones. That will help.

I'll work on this more tonight and try to post updated pics.

Those are some good choices for pieces Spark. And good work too, GB. In fact, since you have sculpted, how about making us a head? It looks like a simple male with smoothed features. I'd make us the stand decals :)

GB's sculpt looks good so far. I was thinking that the mannequin head with the ears sanded off from the Medicom Stormtroopers might be another option for anyone who ends up not being able to get a GB sculpt.

Truthfully just about any bald sculpt sanded down a bit and modified would probably work. I wouldn't be able to cast the head myself, but hopefully someone else can do that part of the job and make affordable copies for everyone.

The upside is that painting the head will require almost no skill as its a solid color :lol So that will definitely help keep the cost per figure down.

I'd be interested in THX 1138 collectibles, be it 3 3/ 4" scale or 1:6 scale.

Preferably 3 3/ 4" scale, as you'd be able to get an affordable police car and more characters.

Truthfully just about any bald sculpt sanded down a bit and modified would probably work. I wouldn't be able to cast the head myself, but hopefully someone else can do that part of the job and make affordable copies for everyone.

The upside is that painting the head will require almost no skill as its a solid color :lol So that will definitely help keep the cost per figure down.

LOL...I think that even I could handle that one!

And update #3... This is about the final shape for his face. Give me any critiques and I'll try to clean them up/make revisions.

Its not perfect, but I think fairly close and should look decent in silver. Still haven't done the back of his head yet... but I'll get to it over the weekend. Also want to extend his neck as its too short at the moment.

thxc.jpg

Back