Need Help with a figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

anky2024

Just a little freaky
Reaction score
Hi Collectors,
Need some advise. I have a loose (Slightly wiggly) thumb and some stiff hinge joints of Hulkbuster AOU figure (MMS285). How should I fix both these issues?
I am a new collector here so do not know what would be best to do to fix them.

Thanks in advance.

Hi Collectors,
Need some advise. I have a loose (Slightly wiggly) thumb and some stiff hinge joints of Hulkbuster AOU figure (MMS285). How should I fix both these issues?
I am a new collector here so do not know what would be best to do to fix them.

Thanks in advance

Edit: I re-read your post and noticed you said Hulkbuster (and not Hulk) so my prior reply may not apply.

For the stiff joints, I’ve been taught by other veteran collectors through years to either dunk it in warm water or apply some heat from a hair dryer.

I don’t use the water method but I use the hair dryer to loosen joints to better articulate the figure or use the heat to soften hands/feet/shoes/headsculpts when necessary to plug into the plastic/metal pegs or insert accessories.

For the loose joints, recently I heard one collector said he applied some type of substance to the loose area but I forget what exactly. There are probably other better techniques.

Not sure if this exactly solves your specific issue and it may not be a permanent fix. I’m sure other more experienced collectors can give you better advice.

Last edited:
Edit: I re-read your post and noticed you said Hulkbuster (and not Hulk) so my prior reply may not apply.

For the stiff joints, I’ve been taught by other veteran collectors through years to either dunk it in warm water or apply some heat from a hair dryer.

I don’t use the water method but I use the hair dryer to loosen joints to better articulate the figure or use the heat to soften hands/feet/shoes/headsculpts when necessary to plug into the plastic/metal pegs or insert accessories.

For the loose joints, recently I heard one collector said he applied some type of substance to the loose area but I forget what exactly. There are probably other better techniques.

Not sure if this exactly solves your specific issue and it may not be a permanent fix. I’m sure other more experienced collectors can give you better advice.
Thank you so much sabin23 for such a detailed response and advise 😊

Hi Sabin23, hope you're doing great. Just also wanted to ask you something about the hulkbuster, the toe of hulkbuster seems to be slightly loose also. Do you know of a way this can be fixed?

Back