THX 1138 Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Stage 2 WIP: A bit closer, but still a ways to go.

thxb.jpg

Looking good ,can't see the latest updated pic,maybe your still updating ?

I am messing around with a cheap plastic action man head but might be easier sculpting from scratch as you have done.

I have a pretty good biker jacket and pants set on my figure now with the boots and black gloved hands and its looking good.
The biker set is this one for a t2 figure.
Can't see it looking good as arnie as its too tight but a good substitute for this figure untill we can get something made up.

https://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=120534549717&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT

Been trying to buy some silver leaf paint but could'nt find any over the weekend so will get some of ebay sort out a head and post pics altogether.

Seriously? Damn... for some reason only some of my photobucket images are working.

Right now this one is showing up... but at first it didn't.

BTW, got the helmet in from Pjam today... looks pretty cool. Just a few minor alterations and I think it will be good to go.

Last edited:
Okay, so assuming Photobucket is done f'ing with me today... here's two more shots.

Here's the head with the back completed (still need to add the seam and do some clean up).

thxd.jpg

And here's a shot with the helmet... its got some rivets in the wrong spots and the strap is wrong, but aside from that its pretty close and I think could easily be modded.

thxe.jpg

Cool, I see what you mean. I'll try and de-cheek him a bit during the next revision.

I'll also do a few mods to the helmet to make it a bit more accurate.

THX 1138 is visually appealing but actual action figures might be a bit weak. If it was in a brick and mortar it would be a peg warmer for sure. 1:6 or not. If they did it as a limited run or con exclusive and had some superb packaging I can see the collectors getting all hot and bothered for it. I'd rather see affordable, well done Blade Runner figures first.

Okay, so assuming Photobucket is done f'ing with me today... here's two more shots.

Here's the head with the back completed (still need to add the seam and do some clean up).

thxd.jpg

And here's a shot with the helmet... its got some rivets in the wrong spots and the strap is wrong, but aside from that its pretty close and I think could easily be modded.

thxe.jpg

Looking great I like the sculpt and helmet. I could do with a helmet for mine still if you know where one is floating around?

Mind you my figures head is probably too big too fit in it and might need a bit of a scalping hehehe.

Heres what I've come up with so far bit of a b**tard creation and very rough but you get the idea.
The t2 jacket is a good fit but not ideal with all the pockets and zips.

The other jacket is long in the arms and the zip wont zip up so will have to sew it closed or cut and alter it at some point as its quite baggy.
The trunchoen is a galavanised 6 inch nail cut and polished and looks ok.
The head is half an actionman/gi joe head cut and sculpting putty added.
The paint is gun metal acrylic just to get an idea but will tidy up and repaint at some point in silver leaf.

Would like to extend his neck and arms and legs as the officers in the film seem to tower over the other actors so will get around to that at some point too.

Hope you like and don't cus him too much.
100_2614.jpg

100_2655.jpg

100_2657.jpg

100_2656.jpg

100_2654.jpg

100_2660.jpg

Looks good man... the jacket and pants look to be a good match to the film. A lot better looking than I would have figured just assembling stock parts.

I prefer the 2nd jacket; looks better overall.

Sadly I don't know of anywhere else to get the helmet... but I imagine it would be possible to get a cast made of it. My sculpted head is about the size of a Sideshow head so a bit larger than normal which was trying to figure in for the size of the mask. With that the helmet is a good tight fit; so it may work with yours. But if not you could always dremmel yours down a bit to get it to work.

I'll need to do a silver leaf test later on to see how it looks. I'm thinking that it might look best to apply the silverleaf; let it dry and then apply a gloss coat to give it extra shine and seal the paint job.

Looks good man... the jacket and pants look to be a good match to the film. A lot better looking than I would have figured just assembling stock parts.

I prefer the 2nd jacket; looks better overall.

Sadly I don't know of anywhere else to get the helmet... but I imagine it would be possible to get a cast made of it. My sculpted head is about the size of a Sideshow head so a bit larger than normal which was trying to figure in for the size of the mask. With that the helmet is a good tight fit; so it may work with yours. But if not you could always dremmel yours down a bit to get it to work.

I'll need to do a silver leaf test later on to see how it looks. I'm thinking that it might look best to apply the silverleaf; let it dry and then apply a gloss coat to give it extra shine and seal the paint job.

Thanks yeah the 2nd jacket arrived today and is a bit of a stresser as it wont zip up and is a bit big but does look a better match so will work on that.

No probs about the helmet I will keep my eyes open and if I can't find one I'll make one up from parts,don't really want to spend too much more on the figure,money wise as things are tight.
Saying that I want another figure probably thx himself to go with the officer so might do that at some point.

I think the silver leaf might be shinny enough but adding gloss won't do it any harm and as you said stops the paint flaking.
Looking forward to seeing it;)

That was my thinking... also from that prop listing it sounded like the mask was actually clear and the leaf was applied to the inside; so adding a gloss coat would actually replicate that :lol

I'll probably mess with the sculpt a bit tonight and experiment with the silver leaf to see if I can get a consistent coverage on a spare head.

BTW, I was speaking with someone who can do castings and it looks like it would be quite affordable (not sure of exact cost, but less than the standard of around $35 for a head) to do a series of these if there is interest.

What would be easiest (IMO) is to make a solid cast of the helmet and head as one... rather than having 2 individual pieces. That would keep costs down and make it much easier to control the final product.

Still early as the sculpt isn't done yet, but just seeing how much (if any) interest there would be.

Back