ThunderCats Classics by Mattel

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good luck getting Lion-O for anything close to Matty's price. EBay will be flooded but I doubt sellers are going to let him go for cheap. Just see the previous Filmation He-man and Skeletor figures from earlier this year. They sold out fast and were out of customer service stock within a matter of weeks. They are closing up shop at the end of the year and won't be reissuing any figures. They aren't even making the Roton or Horde Trooper single figures according to Brady O at Matty Collector customer service. It's just subscription releases from here on out and then time to clear the warehouse.

I wasnt there for the Filmation He man or Skeletor but how quickly did they sell out? Was it about the same as Lion O or quicker?

I see the He man is going for around $150 on ebay which is nuts.

I could have ordered him but I didn't pull the trigger. Without knowing if we will ever see Mumm-Ra Battle Form or the rest of the core team I can't do it. And if by some miracle Super 7 does continue the line I figure they will re-lease Lion O due to his popularity. I don't see it happening though. I also don't see Super 7 keeping the same articulation or quality either, they like their generic super static throwback figures too much. At this point I'm hoping Mezco gets started on their Thundercats 1/12 line. That has the potential to be awesome.

Eh, for anyone curious here's what Matty sends to people blocking their subs:

Your 2016 ThunderCats Subscription needs your attention!
MattyCollector.com
Tue 9/13, 3:13

Dear ideaofevil (name protected, lol),

We are contacting you to inform you that we were unable to successfully process your 2016 ThunderCats Monthly Subscription due to an authorization failure when attempting to charge the credit card used to place your pre-order. For this reason, your subscription(s) has not been created and we cannot ship you the initial figure. You will also receive an automated email within 48 hours confirming your original 2016 ThunderCats Monthly Subscription order has been put on hold. (side note, this email hasn't come)

But don't worry! We have set aside your initial figure(s) to ensure you have an opportunity to claim it. To ensure you don't miss a single figure in 2016, we've provided directions below for how to stay enrolled:

1) Simply click here to add the 2016 ThunderCats Monthly Subscription to your shopping cart.
2) Checkout using the billing and shipping details that you would like used for your 2016 ThunderCats Monthly Subscription.

NOTE: All orders must be placed by 11:59pm PT on Sept 25th, 2016.

If you have any questions or need help with something else, just give us a call at 877-GO-MATTY or email us at [email protected]

Thanks for being a MattyCollector.com customer!

Customer Service

Matty is full of morons. I wasn't trying to block mine. I changed my card a few months ago because we had some card fraud on our debit card and the new one I changed for paying for my sub figures. They're somehow taking that as my card not working right:dunno

Now, I may have an out if I want it though. Is this an out? Does this mean I don't HAVE to continue now if I don't follow the steps of the email? I was kind of on the border with this recently anyway.

If you want to block your sub, didn't you already pay the $25 subscription fee for Mumm-Ra when you signed up? I'm not sure you can get that back.

I'm just gonna keep my sub even though it's bitter sweet. Because who knows where we go from here with this line!!

Thanks

Why would Matty have these guys continue the line..stuff looks generic and cheap :slap

they have said they will be using the same factories mattel uses for the line

4 Horsemen still do the sculpts....Super7 produces

I got lion-o a couple days ago, he's really pretty cool! A couple annoyances here and there (besides the mega annoyance of the line being dead) but overal the best lion-o yet.

I got lion-o a couple days ago, he's really pretty cool! A couple annoyances here and there (besides the mega annoyance of the line being dead) but overal the best lion-o yet.

Pics! :gah: is it better than the Bandai version a few years back :dunno

Last edited:
IMG_9524.jpgIMG_9522.jpg

No problem, the articulation is good. I don't collect motuc but it's about what I expected except the head doesn't look down. All the hands/wrists have an in and out hinge and none have an up and down hinge. I like an up and down hinge on sword holding hands. There is a claw shield with the sword of omens sheathed (not removable) in it that you can hang from the belt and then the other one that you can place on the arm. I'd like to be able to sheath and unsheath the sword of omens from the claw shield...you can kinda sheath the sword but not really....that's pretty much it.. The figure looks really nice in hand and the paint apps are really clean, you will be happy and then immediately sad when you see how awesome he is and know you'll never get a complete team of thundercats that look as good

review by toynewsi with comparison on bandai 6" and MOTU
Glad there is an ankle pivot. was really worried it would skip out on that.

had to pay double though. worth it. HOOOOOOOOOO

Back