ThunderCats Classics by Mattel

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

review by toynewsi with comparison on bandai 6" and MOTU
Glad there is an ankle pivot. was really worried it would skip out on that.

had to pay double though. worth it. HOOOOOOOOOO

Not a fan of this YouTube reviewer, he's so lackluster, acts like he doesn't care :pfft:

oh well. A review is a review

Can't wait to see Shartimus

No problem, the articulation is good. I don't collect motuc but it's about what I expected except the head doesn't look down. All the hands/wrists have an in and out hinge and none have an up and down hinge. I like an up and down hinge on sword holding hands. There is a claw shield with the sword of omens sheathed (not removable) in it that you can hang from the belt and then the other one that you can place on the arm. I'd like to be able to sheath and unsheath the sword of omens from the claw shield...you can kinda sheath the sword but not really....that's pretty much it.. The figure looks really nice in hand and the paint apps are really clean, you will be happy and then immediately sad when you see how awesome he is and know you'll never get a complete team of thundercats that look as good

Just saw the review on YT..glad the abs look better in person , hate that the peg on his side is non removable

Hey how did you get yours to hold the sword on his hand, Jay C couldn't get his on the review

Last edited:
Not a fan of this YouTube reviewer, he's so lackluster, acts like he doesn't care :pfft:

oh well. A review is a review

Can't wait to see Shartimus

I get you on that. just happened to browse toynewsi and saw the vid (has articulation segment). share the great ankle pivot news lol.

it was actually shartimus prime that got me to care A LOT about ankle pivots when starting to understand more about action figures. favorite is anthony's customs.

Just saw the review on YT..glad the abs look better in person , hate that the peg on his side is non removable

Hey how did you get yours to hold the sword on his hand, Jay C couldn't get his on the review

I just stuck the sword in his hand haha! I haven't watched any reviews but there was nothing to it. He holds both versions really well. He's a great figure, no one will be disappointed....and yes I don't like that non removable peg either...so ugly.....just watched the review and the right hand on jayc's figure is warped and it was easy for me to get the claw shield off the belt

I just stuck the sword in his hand haha! I haven't watched any reviews but there was nothing to it. He holds both versions really well. He's a great figure, no one will be disappointed....and yes I don't like that non removable peg either...so ugly.

That's what I thought, I would assume the sword right hand has squeezable plastic fingers to grip the sword better. I guess I can always heat them up. Also he had a hard time with removing the claw shield from the peg, is it that hard because he broke his :slap

So the right hand doesn't pivot up and down, but in the video his left hand seems to pivot up and down and you can remove it right? Can you remove the right hand

I've seen this non pivot up and down hand issue with the MOTU figures before, why Mattel doesn't make ball jointed hands I never know :slap

Yeah claw shield came off the belt no problem for me and jayc got a warped right hand, mine isn't like that, yes the hands are removable. The no up and down wrist pivot is just a very minor annoyance, overal this is great...the hair sculpt looks so cool

I guess I need to finally call Matty to fix my sub. I had changed my credit card between initially subbing and release and somehow their system didn't understand that:slap so mine wasn't charged or shipped. Problem is I care so little about the sub now, I haven't even cared enough to call. I know I gotta though.

Yeah darthkush it is hard to care since Matty tricked us and canceled the line but the figure did come out really nice

Amazing figure!!
I really hope Super7 is able to pick up the license!!

824cc4620a91f596df8bf0fae5b2c8c2.jpg

Lion-O came out great. I was really worried the colors were going to be a bit flat but he looks really god I think. The wrist not bending forward is annoying though.

I can now move on those ugly as sin Bandai figures.

Got my Lion-O today and it looks amazing. I have not taken it out of the package, just because I am not sure if I am going to keep since the line is cancelled. It looks incredible though. I should have gotten a second subscription. I wonder if some hot water can fix the right hand problem. If I open it I will definitely try. Worth the money. I hope we can get just one more subscription to finish the team. This sucks it looks so good Wily Kat and Kit look amazing too.

Ummmm, Forget it, I just saw the Super7 site their stuff sucks. Why can't this line catch on somewhere.

Apparently things with Super 7 and Thundercats is moving along and moving in the right direction. According to Pixel Dan.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

Got my Lion-O today and it looks amazing. I have not taken it out of the package, just because I am not sure if I am going to keep since the line is cancelled. It looks incredible though. I should have gotten a second subscription. I wonder if some hot water can fix the right hand problem. If I open it I will definitely try. Worth the money. I hope we can get just one more subscription to finish the team. This sucks it looks so good Wily Kat and Kit look amazing too.

Hairdryer does the trick...heat the hand and form it where it should be

I don't get why people use water

My Lion-O was shipped to my old address despite calling and updating it before the shipping date. Old complex returned to sender and now digital river wants me to pay again to get the figure. Incompetence all around, supervisor was no better.

Back