ThunderCats Classics by Mattel

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Why would it be so hard for them to get the license. Matty already had it. I don't see how it could be that difficult to obtain since they are basiclly stepping in for Matty. The sales obviously did decent if not good.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Why would it be so hard for them to get the license. Matty already had it. I don't see how it could be that difficult to obtain since they are basiclly stepping in for Matty.

That's the thing - none of us know why. But both S7 and Mattel made a point of saying it's more complicated.

Got an email from matty.

Lion-O™ will be delayed

ThunderCats™ Ho! Welcome Club Third Earth subscribers. We’re very excited about the new ThunderCats™ lineup! Your first subscription figure is coming later this month, and we want to make sure you receive every shipment.

If your shipping address, email address or billing information has changed since you signed up for your 2016 ThunderCats subscription, please call Customer Service at 1-877-GO-MATTY no later than September 11th, 2016 to update your information.

Due to unforeseen shipping circumstances beyond our control, the first subscription figure, Lion-O™, will be arriving just a little later than planned. (We blame it on the TSA – ThunderCats™ Security Administration.) But you won’t have to wait long... we expect Lion-O™ to start shipping at the end of September.

We’ll do everything in our power to get your order shipped as quickly as possible once Lion-O™ arrives!

Yep, got it. It's fine. It's only an extra couple weeks. Are they still gonna charge it soon or are they going to wait to charge it on the new shipping day?

Is there a way to know which sub plan (monthly or sinlge shipment) you got if you forgot it? I checked my emails and matty didn't send an email with that info.

The figures were never available in early access on their first month of release. Pretty much all of the old figures are available right now in the vault and I doubt Mattel cares to do anything with early access for the rest of the year since they're closing up shop.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's the thing - none of us know why. But both S7 and Mattel made a point of saying it's more complicated.

Mattel has enjoyed a long relationship with Warner Bros who owns Thundercats so for them the license was easier to get than it would be for anyone else. Super 7 is new company so therefore will find it more difficult to get a license from a massive corporation.

Received the Kittens the other day. Why the quality of these is so excellent while MOTUC Collectors Choice is so poor is beyond me.

Anyway, these are fantastic and a must have. I am pretty confident that we will have a nice matching display sooner or later. Either Super7 will take over TC Classics as well or Mezco will fill the gab woth their upcomming One:12 TC line. The Kittens will be a great addition to any TC collection. :rock

The initial max order quantity was 10 and then it was reduced to 6, so I think that was a sign that Mattel didn't have enough stock to last long. Even if the line is done after this year Lion-O was always going to be a huge draw. This is by far the best figure he has ever had. I can see a lot of people buying just him or maybe him and Panthro. I really hope Super7 can pick up the ball and run with it, but they will need to get through some legal licensing issues first.

Matty/DR just better make sure there are stocks set aside for those who chose single ship sub plan.

I've got a single-ship sub, but picked up an additional Lion-O just to be on the safe side...not taking any chances with Matty and DR. Plus I get to see at least one of the Mattel Thundercats figures in person now so that will be pretty cool.

Checked the site at 9:11, sold out!
I'm guessing he will eventually hit the essentials. I was always able to get He-Man (and his variants) on ebay for under retail with free shipping by just waiting it out, am expecting the same for this figure once the market saturates.

I'm guessing he will eventually hit the essentials. I was always able to get He-Man (and his variants) on ebay for under retail with free shipping by just waiting it out, am expecting the same for this figure once the market saturates.

I doubt he hits "essentials". Matty is done in about 3 1/2 months

The thing is this line is different since Mattel is done at the end of the year. Im assuming they made what they did and dont plan on making anymore. Also as someone else said the limit went down from 10 to 6 which shows the fact that day of sale stock could have been lower than anticipated. I dont think we will see him in any essentials shop unless super 7 gets the license and reissues him.

Good luck getting Lion-O for anything close to Matty's price. EBay will be flooded but I doubt sellers are going to let him go for cheap. Just see the previous Filmation He-man and Skeletor figures from earlier this year. They sold out fast and were out of customer service stock within a matter of weeks. They are closing up shop at the end of the year and won't be reissuing any figures. They aren't even making the Roton or Horde Trooper single figures according to Brady O at Matty Collector customer service. It's just subscription releases from here on out and then time to clear the warehouse.

Back