ThunderCats Classics by Mattel

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I really, really want the thundercats to continue. If they don't, this will be the saddest toy news for me personally. I want at least the main team including ol snarf. Also need a mummra the ever living. We need the main mutants ssslithe, monkemon and vultureman. Please oh please make it happen. I will buy whatever bone you throw my way is my promise to you if you make this happen.

If Super 7 can get the license I hope the Four Horsemen continue to do the sculpts, I hate the old Kenner style .

Last edited:
Most people must think they're not because as of now SDCC Wilykat and Wilykit are still for sale on Matty Collector. They're not selling out as they were prior to the announcement.

Watch the interview three post above...Super 7 has no interest in changing the formula. They just don't have the license yet.

this ^^^^^^ plus The Four Horsemen already stated they would be doing MOTU aswell as Thundercats when Super 7 gets the license

It sounded like he is planning on making them in the old Kenner style to me.

Um yeah, that's an additional thing they will want to do.... REACTION Thundercats plus the 6" TC Classics

Whew! What a crazy weekend this was... The roller coaster of information and sentiments was insane!!
I really hope S7 snags the license and keeps TC alive!!
By the way, the Kittens are awesome!

2b71f4fb6f68b7e8f0dcad7dc487376e.jpg

So if the license is doing well why would it be ending. Is this a sky is falling scenario.

Hope they do the license. If we don't get a second year of subbing, i'm fine with that. The sub is a headache anyway. Just do the figures and sell them online or in retail. If they make them, I will buy. But they HAVE to make them. No more of this screwy crap.

watchiing the new interview, he basicly says

" i wanna do this, just let me get the liscense before i commit to it, so i don't put my foot in my mouth"

So if the license is doing well why would it be ending. Is this a sky is falling scenario.

It has nothing to do with Thundercats. Mattel is just done with Matty Collector and all associated lines. They are probably trying to streamline their business a bit and reallocate those resources elsewhere in the company. I'm sure the Matty Collector lines are mostly profitable but they don't sell them wholesale like Hot Wheels, Barbie, Batman, and WWE so they just can't make the same volume of profit on them.

Back