ThunderCats Classics by Mattel

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Welp! Thundercats is done!

Indeed. I kinda saw the writing on the wall with this. Selling what was initially the Convention exclusive prior to the SDCC before
the news hit so as to not stifle potential sales. No new product or presence at the Con. I pretty much just cancelled all my Thundercats bbts pre-orders. No sense in collecting an incomplete team. Truly unfortunate given how anticipated this line was.

I wonder if we could petition Mattel to forget Jackle Man and Pummyra and just make a Tigra and Cheetara instead. Same bodies so I cannot see why it cannot be done IF they are not gone into production?

At this stage now I would suggest they forget about Jackle Man and Pummyra and just make a Tigra and Cheetara instead.

Probably already gone into production though.

THIS. move Panthro and Mumm-ra up to give them time to finish it too.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WHY???????????? :(

From https://toynewsi.com/news.php?itemid=26852

Yesterday we reported to you how Mattel announced they would be shutting down MattyCollector.com soon and that Super7 would be continuing their collector lines.

Well we now have some more details to share with you about this latest development. Pixel-Dan, who had a chance to talk with Super7 owner Brian Flynn last night who told him they would be continuing the Masters of the Universe Classics line. The Four Horsemen will continue to sculpt the figures and they already have several Filmation sculpts ready for 2017.

ThunderCats however is a different story. That line appears to be dead after the figures coming out this year are released by Mattel through their subscription service. According to Flynn, the licensing for that brand is just to complicated to deal with, so he doesn't think they will be able to do any thing on that front.

Masters Of The Universe is actually owned by Mattel whereas ThunderCats are not. So for those hoping to at the very least complete the entire original core team of ThunderCats, the chances of seeing a Tygra and Cheetara figure seem slim to none at this point.

We are also told Digital River is done at the end of the year.

Bugger :panic: Anyone have any tips on getting a sub cancelled without having to cancel my credit card?
Right!!! Is there anyway to bounce out of this mess they put us subscribers in? Had I known that the line would be cancelled I would have never subbed.

Not a subscriber but I don't see any reason why you couldn't call your credit card company and tell them to cancel the purchase. This is essentially fraud on Mattel's part. If they haven't delivered anything yet, you're not on the hook for buying anything.

Send them a message loud and clear. Everyone that ordered this fraudulent sub should cancel.

Mattel should've not started the sub if they were not sure they could complete the core characters. Still hoping they could find a way. :(

All I need are these characters. There are 7 left to do.
Lion-O - sub
Panthro - sub
Mummy Mumm-Ra - sub
Jackalman - sub
Wilykat - sdcc
Wilykit - sdcc

If anyone from Mattel is reading this. Please just do these last 7 characters before giving up on Thundercats.
Tygra
Cheetara
Snarf
Mumm-Ra
S-S-Slithe
Monkian
Ma-Mutt

Mattel should've not started the sub if they were not sure they could complete the core characters. Still hoping they could find a way. :(

All I need are these characters. There are 7 left to do.
Lion-O - sub
Panthro - sub
Mummy Mumm-Ra - sub
Jackalman - sub
Wilykat - sdcc
Wilykit - sdcc

If anyone from Mattel is reading this. Please just do these last 7 characters before giving up on Thundercats.
Tygra
Cheetara
Snarf
Mumm-Ra
S-S-Slithe
Monkian
Ma-Mutt

Yes! :exactly: :goodpost: At the very least, make the first four. :ohbfrank:

My hope is that somehow Mattel will pull some kind of magic nice thing out of their behind to reward those of us who subbed. Maybe our last figure will be free or something? I don't know. ANYTHING. This just really sucks. I still haven't decided if I'm going to cancel yet. I do want that mummra and Panthro still and pummyra, jackalman and Lion-o are still great looking figures. I'll probably wait for the kittens to clearance out or go down in price and then get them later. I'm not gonna go through hoops for them when we know the line is essentially dead.

Not sure how the single shipment works, but I chose the monthly at the time, so I did briefly consider the fact that
I will be out the $26 for Mummra. But I'd rather take the L on that than over a $100 for skimpy incomplete wave.

I hear you. Personally I dont mind adding at least the 7 figures comming to my 200+ collection of MOTUC. They will fit in nicely. Properbly will go the custom route for the other characters. There is enough material to use. Nevertheless it is sad, to say the least.

Which two figures were pushed back btw? Thise will never see the light of the day, unfortunatly.

It is unfortunate that we will probably never see these figures especially in a smaller line like this. Even if they could get a SDCC 3 pack of Tygra, Cheetara and Snarf out next year I would be happy.

Back