ThunderCats Classics by Mattel

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Another day, another 2.5 second sell out. I don't know why people just do not boycott them completely.

I mean, even at retail… The stuff that they are pushing out there is utter garbage.

The "DC Multiverse" line is a sick joke… especially compared to the DC Universe and Original Batman 6-inch line.
Ghostbusters rehash "only at" Walmart that they could not give away on Matty… still at $20 a pop.
The only action figure line that they "somewhat" care about is WWE… and I do mean "somewhat".

The company as a whole just loves to screw over it's fan base, and take their money while doing it.

Last time I bought from Matty collector was like 2009 or something. I forget what the figures were.

7 years later and they still have the same problems I see. :lol

Another day, another 2.5 second sell out. I don't know why people just do not boycott them completely.

I mean, even at retail… The stuff that they are pushing out there is utter garbage.

The "DC Multiverse" line is a sick joke… especially compared to the DC Universe and Original Batman 6-inch line.
Ghostbusters rehash "only at" Walmart that they could not give away on Matty… still at $20 a pop.
The only action figure line that they "somewhat" care about is WWE… and I do mean "somewhat".

The company as a whole just loves to screw over it's fan base, and take their money while doing it.

now now..no truthful negative talk about Mattel or they will go cry a river, blame the customer first and will stop making our toys

Last time I bought from Matty collector was like 2009 or something. I forget what the figures were.

7 years later and they still have the same problems I see. [emoji38]

I'm with Fabio. I think the last thing I ordered was Man E Faces. If they made it easy, and were reasonable, I would buy from them a lot more often. Like the film action style toys. They look fantastic. But by the time I find out they are released, they're sold out and bums are selling them for $100 each on ebay. So, I do boycott them. There's enough other junk I can waste money on out there.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

I quit Matty when I got hit with the Star Sisters 3 pack in MOTU subscription. I gave it another shot because Thundercats were my jam, way moreso than He-Man. Probably should have resisted.

Yeah, I can imagine being pulled back in if somehow, Hasbro and Mattel worked out a deal so they would do nice, 6", cartoon styled GI Joe figures. I think some of their products are really awesome. But not worth the grief from the POV of a more casual fan. . .

Love the artwork in your sig, by the way!

Yeah, I can imagine being pulled back in if somehow, Hasbro and Mattel worked out a deal so they would do nice, 6", cartoon styled GI Joe figures. I think some of their products are really awesome. But not worth the grief from the POV of a more casual fan. . .

Love the artwork in your sig, by the way!

Thanks!

There were rumors about Hasbro doing a Joe "Black Series" type 6" line. But it seems like they've abandoned the license. I would be in for many of those. I've found myself searching for ARAH vintage figures on Ebay lately.

I lost out the first day but got one today. I think if you've got the time to keep trying you can get one eventually.

Today will be telling once we see pictures of the Mattel booth. Without a panel I would think new figures would be displayed at their booth. If MOTU and Thundercats are absent, I can't help but think they are not continuing for 2017.

Got my order for WilyKit and WilyKat in today. Was fairly easy now that I remembered on time. They still became unavailable pretty quickly.

Wtf already sold out.... it was like 2 minutes on are they putting 1 or 2 up everyday.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Took me less than a minute to get them into the cart and complete the ordering process. Already sold out. Bollox

Today will be telling once we see pictures of the Mattel booth. Without a panel I would think new figures would be displayed at their booth. If MOTU and Thundercats are absent, I can't help but think they are not continuing for 2017.

Not necessarily. They don't always blow their load on the first day. Usually, they put a few out over time. With most happening after their panels.

True, but there is no Matty Collector panel this year to hold off on reveals. If they plan on adding 2017 figures to the case during the course of the show we should see space reserved for them.

I was able to set my alarm this morning, log in, get two of the kittens, and get back to bed in all of 10 minutes total.

Wasn't hard at all, lol

From Matty:

To Our Loyal Collectors,

Thank you for being the world’s most dedicated fans and passionate supporters of MattyCollector.com over the years.

We want to let you know that we have been working on something new and different for you that measures up to your loyalty and devotion.

As of December 31, 2016, we will be shutting down the website as we transition to Super7 to manufacture and deliver the Masters of the Universe and adult collector lines. Subscriptions and orders for 2016 will remain unaffected, and the site will continue to operate through the end of the year. For the past two years, Super7 has proven to be a great partner, and we look forward to seeing them continue to grow the Masters of the Universe line. They will unveil the expanded line for 2017 at San Diego Comic-Con.

To help you complete your collections before the end of the year, we’ll be opening the Vault beginning Thursday, July 21 at 9 a.m. PT. All 2014 and 2015 items, and select 2016 items, will be available for sale at that time. They’ll remain in the shop until the end of the year or while supplies last, whichever comes first. For our U.S.-based collectors, any Vault products you buy during San Diego Comic-Con will arrive with free domestic ground shipping.*

We thank you for your dedication and support through the years.

Sincerely,
MattyCollector.com

From what I've heard, MOTU is continuing in some form. But I don't know if MOTUC is a lock. Thundercats is not a certainty at all. Guess we might here more from Super7 at SDCC?

And just like that, Thundercats Classics is DEAD.

And in no way do I see Super 7 keeping MOTUC going... They don't have the funding nor
The resources to manufacture a line like that. They are on scale with many retro art / urban art
Companies that produce small run collectibles. Not that there is anything wrong with that.

Just reading the reactions from the boards over at he-man.org and people are excited that they
Are taking over the product line from Mattel. I honestly do not see anything good about that.
They are taking it over because Mattel could give two ****s less about "adult collector" based lines.
Go back to making Barbies and Hot Wheels out the ass, Mattel.

It was a fun ride, mattycollector.com. You will NOT be missed.

Last edited:
Well now I feel really stupid having bought that sub. Shoot if they had at least made Tigra and Cheetara to finish the team I would at least feel like I didn't get screwed.

Back