ThunderCats Classics by Mattel

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
looks pretty good. thought the blue might be too light. but if so, i can deal with it. thundercats.jpg

I missed the boat on the He-Man classics & I won't be making the same mistake here.

Lion-O looks amazing.

Can't wait for the rest of the gang

The tunic needs more of a periwinkle color and the claw shield should be smooth and metallic.
TCats_Lini-O_04__scaled_600.jpg

In some of the episodes the claw shield looked like fur but only reflected when he needed it for mumra.
Thanks for posting the intro, i loved it as a kid and i still love it.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

I like the details on the claw shield. The new head is great. But I prefer the colors of the original almost across the board. It was more dynamic and looked more like the toy to me. Now it just looks a bit washed out.

Like I said before, I'm all in, day one, 2 subscriptions. BUUUUT, as a collector of the original LJN line, what made those figures great was unique, individual sculpts. It will be interesting to seen how the larger characters like Mumm-Ra, Grune, Slithe, etc. will look using recycled parts. Hopefully Mattel gives enough new sculpts to capture the essence of the original LJN line.

Ok will we be able to get this from say bigbadtoys or will they be only found on the mattel site. I never got into He-Man range so i dont really know the deal

Ok will we be able to get this from say bigbadtoys or will they be only found on the mattel site. I never got into He-Man range so i dont really know the deal

I'm sure you can get them BBTS, but you'll pay a premium as all BBTS does is buy them from Mattycollector and re-sell them.

I can't believe we're going to have to wait another 11 months to get one of these figures in-hand! TORTURE!!

I know it's killing me. I am super excited of the possibilities of all the cats even Lynxo Begalli and Pumira.

I know it's killing me. I am super excited of the possibilities of all the cats even Lynxo Begalli and Pumira.

Funny, those three and Snarfer are the ones I'm looking forward to the most. =D

I hope we finally get a Mad Bubbler and Red Eye. Snowmeow out of the battle cat buck would be great too. I would also love to see an updated Astral Moat Monster.

I think they said the Thundertank, at least, is definitely being looked at. That'd be AMAZING if they actually made it huge enough to hold as many people as could fit in the cartoon.

Yeah Bandai's execution was pretty terrible considering we only got two 8" figures including Lion-O with a floppy sword and then they went back to 6" scale where we only got two figures, one being Lion-O with like 6-8 screws in his back that were all visible. They really did a piss-poor job with that line.

I liked the first round of Bandai's Classics. They were nice and stable for poses. And after I got the shiny sword from the exclusive Lion-O it was pretty cool. That being said... yeah, these will be MUCH better.

Back