ThunderCats Classics by Mattel

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Fairly excited for this, so many characters to pull from too! The fact that these fit in with MotU is something I always dreamed of as a kid, Lion-O and He-Man fighting side by side! Back then the figures didn't even come close to matching each other though. Can't wait to see how they treat Grune! Now like others have said if we can just get the Silverhawks I will be complete!

Saw pixel dans coverage and was pretty much floored by the announcement. Definitaly looking forward to this subscription! I would like some fierce looking sculpts instead but these are early prototypes so we'll see. Loving 'em so far!

unless these are alternate bonus heads, please no. Screaming faces almost NEVER look good on action figures.

Fine for statues, but not on poseable toys.

I wonder how he'd look like with matte finishing. also price wise Bandai is much cheaper.

I think the 8 inch Bandai figures could have been really decent if they had better paint jobs and some better quality control. I bought a load for making customs and the amount of figures with wonky eye placment was ridiculous.

Here's one I resculpted parts of the face and hair and repainted. I also modded the shaped of the claw shield and made it attach to the leg with magnets.

GqNL5qo.jpg

Man I wish the modern show could be part of this new line as well. That show did not get the following or toys it deserved. It was really good and a worthy update to the original show.

I'll definitely pick up Lion-O, maybe transformed Mumm-Ra but after seeing the Animation designs that the He-Man is heading into I might wait and see if Thundercats gets that too.

I'm really excited about this line. I love that they are using the MOTUC buck for the basic build, but they are open to developing new bucks for characters where it's appropriate.

I like the Lion O but i dont want Tygra Bengali Jaga and Lynxo wi5h the same body.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

question i hear things about subs is there a way just to buy the figs like in store or online?

We've not been given a lot of specifics, but I'd think the individual figures will be available on Mattycollector.com. They showed the Mummy Mumm-Ra as a subscriber bonus, so that'd be the only figure you couldn't get.

I hope this line does well. Thinking of MOTUC, it'd be awesome to get the Thundertank, Mumm-Ra's Tomb and.... eventually... Cat's Lair. I never had one as a kid and always wanted one.

Good day Thunderians!

Remember the Lion-O we showed at Comic Con this year? We loved him and you loved him too, but after hearing from the fans and doing a little thinking we decided to take a trip back to the sculpting table to make him a little more cartoon-esque.

Per the Four Horsemen: “Between the sculpting and paint there were a lot of changes, but we feel like it was well worth it! The figure looks much more animation accurate, and it fits the look of the rest of the figures much better.”

I thought he was pretty breathtaking before but now? Thundercats hooo, indeed.
icon_smile.gif

Skeletor’s Love Child

tumblr_nt1gmuReg21ucthe8o1_540.jpg

tumblr_nt1gmuReg21ucthe8o2_540.jpg

tumblr_nt1gmuReg21ucthe8o3_540.jpg

tumblr_nt1gmuReg21ucthe8o4_540.jpg

Back