Threezero: Rambo III: John Rambo 1/6 Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
LOL at the "profile" picture. Release the damn straight on shot FCS! If it is good this will be in my collection. If not....ugh...

I'm by no means an expert on faces, but the fact that the profile looks like him, it must be a good sign that the rest looks just as good , right? Can a figure have an accurate profile and have a poor likeness facing forward?

Here’s a different angle.

FEE69EEB-D83B-4D98-9483-022E3D99EC08.jpeg

Personally, I’d rather have him from the first movie.

Here?s a different angle

View attachment 470905

Personally, I?d rather have him from the first movie.

Looks good. We all rather have him from FB or FB2. However, I've been waiting years for a new updated Rambo figure, so I'll take part 3 as a start. It still an iconic look of the character as most people remember him. I was hoping the new movie would bring us some new merchandise, so Im very happy. Maybe this will motivate HT or BW to make figures too. :)

Looks good. We all rather have him from FB or FB2. However, I've been waiting years for a new updated Rambo figure, so I'll take part 3 as a start. It still an iconic look of the character as most people remember him. I was hoping the new movie would bring us some new merchandise, so Im very happy. Maybe this will motivate HT or BW to make figures too. :)

:exactly:

It’s definitely better than any HT before it, but we need more angles and some things aren’t looking good in that shot, the rubber arms look a bit cheap and they limit articulation so it’s shocking they didn’t do sculpted like HT, the hair looks a bit more 80’s headband than Sky’s hair in 3, and could be camera angle but his torso seems small compared to the arms and legs.

I do give kudos for doing the end battle grenade launcher / machine gun, HT gave theirs a deleted scene weapon and EB didn’t do it either, I made a custom for my Rambo 3 back in the day.

I can’t even remember the last time anyone used rubber arms like this, so not sure why they are using them in the first place but unlikely they’d switch.

These companies really cannot win no matter what they do. When they have visible joints people complain it's not seamless, and when it's seamless they want joints.

Threezero has also done rubber arms on their Daryl Dixon and Leatherface figures if you want to get an idea of what the Rambo arms might be like.

Ii was looking at reviews of the Daryl figure and the final product looks close to the prototype. The arms aren't bad looking at all. The good thing about that figure is that includes a long sleeve shirt to cover the arms in case they deteriorate. I wonder if they'll include Rambo's black jacket?

The Negan figure also looks good, so I know what to expect from Rambo.

I wonder if 3zero has any plans to make other Rambo figures?

They should make a Drive figure too, if BW doesn't do it.

I wouldn't pose him with super bent elbows anyhow, maybe a slight bend like in the profile shot. As long as the rubber doesn't crack from that, should look good on display.

Ii was looking at reviews of the Daryl figure and the final product looks close to the prototype. The arms aren't bad looking at all. The good thing about that figure is that include a long sleeve shirt to cover the arms in case they deteriorate. I wonder if they'll include Rambo's black jacket?

The Negan figure also looks good, so I know what to expect from Rambo.

I wonder if 3zero has any plans to make other Rambo figures?

They should make a Drive figure too, BW doesn't do it.

I would love to see a Drive figure by BW or 3zero, but I don't see it happening at this point. Who really knows with the way they choose licenses though. (that Cutthroat Island figure being one crazy example)

I wouldn't pose him with super bent elbows anyhow, maybe a slight bend like in the profile shot. As long as the rubber doesn't crack from that, should look good on display.

That’s what’s shocking and frustrating, sculpted arms have come a long way from the days of the HT Rambos when rubber bodies seems the only way, sculpted would give you more articulation and take away risk of deterioration, just really feels like a step backwards. I know HT does it with Hulk but that’s more like a soft vinyl skin because he’s so big, the arms are fairly hollow.

If they made his hair removable with a magnet, they could have swap out bandanas and a pair of hands and sticks, be close to accurate, enough for display purposes, yes the pants wouldn’t be right.

I mocked some sticks for some photos with my Enterbay way back.

FD386E10-566B-4D69-A913-9B1A8C8F1518.jpeg

Back