Threezero - Game of Thrones - 1/6 Eddard (Ned) Stark Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
People are saying he has a fat face, but actually the face isn't fat enough. This is more than just disproportions between mouth and nose and the eyebrows being too long. The shape of the face is accurate, but not broad enough.

The lines on the figure split the eye, tip of the nose, the mouth, bottom of the chin. See how the lines intersect on the photos of the character.
View attachment 131257

There is a problem with your reference here. Look at the angle of his head in both photos. In the left hand picture you can't see his nostrils. In the right hand photo they are quite prominent. That may seem insignificant but it makes a huge difference when it comes to figuring out proportions and alignment of features as well as shape and size. I had the opportunity to watch a very skilled portrait sculptor work and she had at least 40 different photos from many different angles to work from. That portrait is currently a hot mess and it never ceases to amaze me that someone at these companies doesn't say "hey wait, we can't show that".

Actual accuracy = Visual accuracy

You might have a point about 3D scanning, & printing. I didn't research it. I was thinking about the new WWE wrestling game where they scan the wrestlers faces, & wind up with a really nice looking polygon model. I imagined that could be printed. Maybe not. Forget that argument then. My point is, I don't see why any proportion adjustments need to be made, when something is scaled down, for it to look right.

For instance. If somebody used magic :)lol) & actually shrunk his actual head down to 1/6 scale, it should look absolutely spot on, with no need for somebody to squish his features around to make him look more accurate to his 1/1 counterpart.

I have faith that they'll adjust the sculpt. Tyrion looks great now but was a little off at first. I'd just like them to speed up the releases. I'd like them to try to get 3 figures released each year instead of 1. Really hoping this line continues so we can get as many characters as possible.

I have faith that they'll adjust the sculpt. Tyrion looks great now but was a little off at first. I'd just like them to speed up the releases. I'd like them to try to get 3 figures released each year instead of 1. Really hoping this line continues so we can get as many characters as possible.

ThreeZero is essentially in its infancy when it comes to producing and selling its own figures. There's going to be growing pains and whatnot. I hope they develop as a company through this line.

Finally some GoT news from Threezero.

Clothes look amazing, though I agree the head sculpt doesn't quite capture Sean Bean yet. Hopefully they'll rework it before they put it up for pre order.

Besides the eyebrows the first thing I thought was that's Sean Bean. Funny how people see thing differently.

ThreeZero is essentially in its infancy when it comes to producing and selling its own figures. There's going to be growing pains and whatnot. I hope they develop as a company through this line.
Threezero has been around for a better part of a decade or more. I'd agree by saying this year is the first time they've stepped into big mainstream licenses, at least as far as I know. Jon Snow will be next, I dont have many doubts about that. Im still kinda pissed that a stupid White Walker gets a slot and not another more interesting compelling character. My biggest fear is that this line will wrap up after the 5 or so figures that were mentioned in the other thread. Tywin is a MAIN want.

Last edited:
They should make a super set of Ned + Iron Throne it would sell like pancakes, still the fact that he is wearing his north attire makes it unlikely.

Can't wait for a White Walker release though, hopefully with an undead steed :rock

Threezero has been around for a better part of a decade or more. I'd agree by saying this year is the first time they've stepped into big mainstream licenses, at least as far as I know. Jon Snow will be next, I dont have many doubts about that. Im still kinda pissed that a stupid White Walker gets a slot and not another more interesting compelling character. My biggest fear is that this line will wrap up after the 5 or so figures that were mentioned in the other thread. Tywin is a MAIN want.

I may be wrong, but hasn't ThreeZero traditionally made figures for other companies and only recently began making and selling figures under its own name?

We all would like a dozen or more characters from this line (The Hound and The Mountain are my two main wants) and it remains to be seen if ThreeZero can deliver. HT could, but has no interest in this property.

the likeness is there and looks like him, but i feel like it doesnt resemble realism like the clay fatness of the hair nor and the skin doesn't look real

I mean look at this realism on the face here... https://i.imgur.com/qfo9poe.jpg and i think this is a custom from the front page here...

the likeness is there and looks like him, but i feel like it doesnt resemble realism like the clay fatness of the hair nor and the skin doesn't look real

I mean look at this realism on the face here... https://i.imgur.com/qfo9poe.jpg and i think this is a custom from the front page here...
No that is not a custom. It is the Aragorn figure ACI will be releasing.

I may be wrong, but hasn't ThreeZero traditionally made figures for other companies and only recently began making and selling figures under its own name?

We all would like a dozen or more characters from this line (The Hound and The Mountain are my two main wants) and it remains to be seen if ThreeZero can deliver. HT could, but has no interest in this property.

Threezero was making military figures before 3A existed and when Hot Toys was releasing bootleg Hollywood likenesses.

Threezero was making military figures before 3A existed and when Hot Toys was releasing bootleg Hollywood likenesses.
^ Yup.

And as far as HT having the likeness, I couldn't care less. We'd get two characters and they'd hold the license for God knows how long preventing others from picking up the license. Not to mention the figures would be $220+ and I'm done with that nonsense.

^ Yup.

And as far as HT having the likeness, I couldn't care less. We'd get two characters and they'd hold the license for God knows how long preventing others from picking up the license. Not to mention the figures would be $220+ and I'm done with that nonsense.

Yes!!!!
Other than The Guardians of The Galaxy figures and Back to the Future , Hot Toys has priced me out.
The fact that I will probably ( fingers crossed) get Tyrion and Ned Stark at the price of one Hot Toys, Hot Toys can kiss my ass.

ThreeZero has me locked with GOt and Walking Dead.

Walking Dead.
GoT already has 2 figures within months. while walking dead is still after like over a year still has nothing past the 2 zombie walkers. (which to me was a lame way to start the damn thing) they had nothing new to show at SDCC14. and season 5 is around the corner

No that is not a custom. It is the Aragorn figure ACI will be releasing.
oh cool, well its realism to me is off the charts.

Back