Threezero - Game of Thrones - 1/6 Eddard (Ned) Stark Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
since this is not a license Hot Toys would be interested in.

& why is that? They do blockbusters, is there a bigger series than GOT?

& HT sometimes surprises with things like Captain Harlock (in-between 2 weekly iron men)

But think of it this way... it doesn't suck as much as what Asmus would have done with it.

well, other companies have -already- done (much) worse with GOT, but that's no excuse. I'm sad that it's my favorite show ever, and I've never bought anything related because everything sucked (except the weapon props possibly, I haven't checked in details yet).

Besides, Enterbay would have done a perfect job as well. But I don't understand why 3A does this, they never did this, it's not what they're good at. I own 2 of their large Pop Bots & consider them among the best in my collection, but that's an entirely different thing.

To me this is a GREAT first reveal... the clothing on this figure is STUNNING, by the way... Hot Toys or not..

Why? Having unboxed HT's Samurai Predator very recently, it has some bits of cloth & the quality is amazing.
And knowing 3A, I would be suspicious about fur, I'm sure it's gonna peel off very easily.

Head is terrible. That cloak looks phenomenal. No bother, my Ned will be headless anways to be screen accurate.

What?? 4 seasons in.. if you haven't seen it you probably won't start anytime soon.

I think threezero made a great first reveal with this figure. The costume looks fantastic, sure the HS needs more work but it's fine, after all the picture specifically states that this is not the final product :)

I wonder if Ice is going to be the exclusive item?

Not crazy about the "I'm in shock" head sculpt and hair yet, but I'm sure they will be tweaked. As everyone has said the outfit looks fantastic. Very interested to see where this line goes. Jon and Daenerys for sure. Would definitely pick up Drogo and Walker. But I hope they finish off the core House Lannister first with Jamie, Cersi, Tywin and Joffrey (and produce a real metal 1:6 Iron Throne somewhere down the line). I'd also like to see King Robert, Ygritte, Robb, Arya and the Hound. Not sure what happens in the future of the story, but no doubt more favorites are going to emerge. Oberlyn would have been great. This line could obviously go pretty deep.

As others have said, the face is too full and puffy around the cheeks and jawline. And those eyebrows - just awful, which isn't a good sign since production paint tends to be tougher to get good than proto paint. From the neck down, he looks great, but the sculpt and paint are the most critical (and difficult) to get right. Here's hoping that they'll continue to tweak the head sculpt and improve the paint. I'll order of course, but I'd like to get the best possible version.

I think the eyebrows are throwing off the likeness more than anything... they are very dark and too sharply angled. Gives him a bit of a cartoonish pissed off look. Overall the sculpt is pretty good, but I think the paint work is not doing it any favors.

Outfit looks incredible though.

Outfit looks brilliant. As for the sculpt, if you take your hand and cover his face above the mouth, you can see a very solid Ned Stark figure.

UncleLeo.jpg

Not bad. Im loving the body and clothes. As for the head, honestly I don't have a strong opinion about it either way. I can see where some have likeness concerns, but I just can't form an opinion of it without seeing more pictures.
Either way I can't wait to see more from this line.

They do blockbusters, is there a bigger series than GOT?

Look, if Hot Toys were interested in the line they would be doing them, plain and simple Or, more to the point, they would announce that they bought the license and would then sit on it for years and all the while they would keep producing more trivial Ironmen and Predators. That's what they do. These guys are no longer risk takers. And if Howard doesn't like the franchise... Hot Toys does not make the figure. Howard says he does NOT like Star Trek... no Star Trek Hot Toys figures. Perhaps the "why" in your posting is simply Howard doesn't watch Game of Thrones, or plainly doesn't like it.

And besides historically, Hot Toys has shied away from anything Medieval looking. Note NO Lord of the Rings figures. What film series is more richer in Fantasy character design than Lord of the Rings? Still no figures from Hot Toys. It's because they just aren't interested.

Also, if I'm not mistaken, Hot Toys hasn't tackled a TV franchise... only film blockbusters and Predator films.

Even IF they DID dabble in the license, they would only produce a couple of figures then move on. They did that with Planet of the Apes. They did that with Hellboy. They did that with Watchmen. These are ALL lines that I collected and they starved ALL of them with a lack of more offerings. I'm still waiting for their Ichabod Crane figure. I want a company that would really delve in the world of Game of Thrones and get lost in it's characters and it's detail. Hot Toys is NOT willing or able to do that with any other franchises other than Marvel, Batman, Aliens and Predators.

Unlike you, I'm glad other companies (ThreeZero and Asmus) are throwing their hat in the ring and trying to produce quality 12" figures. I hate to rely on just Hot Toys and Enterbay to produce... EVERYTHING. There is simply TOO many licenses to cover. And besides Hot Toys and Enterbay figures are getting cost prohibitive.

I know that there is going to be a learning curve for these companies entering this foray. It's expected. I'm just happy that they are trying. Asmus is making great strides in the development of licensed characters with there Lord of the Rings line. Sure some of their offerings have been a mixed bag. But they are getting better with each release.

Bespin Luke is the last Hot Toys figure I purchased because they simply are NOT interested in the properties that I am. So my wallet has gone elsewhere.

Last edited:
Look, if Hot Toys were interested in the line they would be doing them, plain and simple Or, more to the point, they would announce that they bought the license and would then sit on it for years and all the while they would keep producing more trivial Ironmen and Predators. That's what they do. These guys are no longer risk takers.

pff.. Captain Harlock - Game of Thrones. What do you think is the most risky? How is GoT even a risk?

As for "if they were interested they would do it", for how long did 3A wait?

And if Howard doesn't like the franchise... Hot Toys does not make the figure. Howard says he does NOT like Star Trek... no Star Trek Hot Toys figures.

now that would be an excellent reason

Note NO Lord of the Rings figures. What film series is more richer in Fantasy character design than Lord of the Rings? Still no figures from Hot Toys. It's because they just aren't interested.

I wouldn't be interested in LotR figures either, I wouldn't compare the 2.

Also, if I'm not mistaken, Hot Toys hasn't tackled a TV franchise... only film blockbusters and Predator films.

They've done Prison Break (in those days they were still making ugly dolls. Damn things have changed). They've covered everything, series, anime, games, celebrities..

Even IF they DID dabble in the license, they would only produce a couple of figures then move on

That's good, I wouldn't buy more than a couple.

They did that with Watchmen.

yeah, I got The Comedian, I'm happy with it, & got it because I liked how it was made, I didn't buy the others because I didn't like them.

But maybe we're not after the same things. I'm more after quality statues(/dolls) than licenses. Better if I can have both combined, but I'd rather buy something great not backed by a license, than something bad from licenses I like.
+, I really do like what 3A normally does, and I hope that doing this isn't wasting their resources.

Btw I love clothings & most importantly, armors in GoT. There's a possibilty that HT believes that plastic armors wouldn't do justice to the show, that would be understandable too. The Samurai Predator's harmor has nice parts but also cheap plastic-looking ones, it's not easy to make plastic pass for metal. Actually, it does come with both a metal (shiny, but too clean) sword and a plastic (weathered, but not shiny) one. NOW this is where 3A shines, metallic tones. They could totally make a GoT character with a helmet & not do any face, but there aren't that many characters wearing full helmets in the show.

Their Prison Break figures were awesome back in the day, even though Michael had no tattoos. Then Enterbay got the license and planned to do them, their prototypes were amazing, then they got cancelled. Another **** you from that tool Bill.

I'm confident this'll be perfect when released. IT'S NED STARK FOR R'HLLORS' SAKE they screw him up the fans will never let them forget it

Look, if Hot Toys were interested in the line they would be doing them, plain and simple Or, more to the point, they would announce that they bought the license and would then sit on it for years and all the while they would keep producing more trivial Ironmen and Predators. That's what they do. These guys are no longer risk takers. And if Howard doesn't like the franchise... Hot Toys does not make the figure. Howard says he does NOT like Star Trek... no Star Trek Hot Toys figures. Perhaps the "why" in your posting is simply Howard doesn't watch Game of Thrones, or plainly doesn't like it.

And besides historically, Hot Toys has shied away from anything Medieval looking. Note NO Lord of the Rings figures. What film series is more richer in Fantasy character design than Lord of the Rings? Still no figures from Hot Toys. It's because they just aren't interested.

Even IF they DID dabble in the license, they would only produce a couple of figures then move on. They did that with Planet of the Apes. They did that with Hellboy. They did that with Watchmen. These are ALL lines that I collected and they starved ALL of them with a lack of more offerings. I'm still waiting for their Ichabod Crane figure. I want a company that would really delve in the world of Game of Thrones and get lost in it's characters and it's detail. Hot Toys is NOT willing or able to do that with any other franchises other than Marvel, Batman, Aliens and Predators.

Unlike you, I'm glad other companies (ThreeZero and Asmus) are throwing their hat in the ring and trying to produce quality 12" figures. I hate to rely on just Hot Toys and Enterbay to produce... EVERYTHING. There is simply TOO many licenses to cover. And besides Hot Toys and Enterbay figures are getting cost prohibitive.

I know that there is going to be a learning curve for these companies entering this foray. It's expected. I'm just happy that they are trying. Asmus is making great strides in the development of licensed characters with there Lord of the Rings line. Sure some of their offerings have been a mixed bag. But they are getting better with each release.

Bespin Luke is the last Hot Toys figure I purchased because they simply are NOT interested in the properties that I am. So my wallet has gone elsewhere.

All this, times a thousand.

Back