ThreeZero CHAPPiE 1:6

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think if they used a better quality plastic it wouldn't break as easily.

IMO, I've seen this complaint countless times and it's never remotely plausible. Fragility is primarily due to scale - some of it maybe due to construction, but some of the construction details are necessary for accuracy. Some people refuse to understand that and expect to be able to handle a fine scale model the same way they handle a broom or other robust object.

If they were to bulk up the joints then they'd lose the scale appearance. It's all a trade-off and balance. I'm not sure what else to tell anyone who ever thought this figure could possibly be made without being delicate. IMO, that's been obvious since the start.

You wouldn't call a Maple wood tooth pic "cheap wood" just because you can snap one between three fingers while not being able to do the same thing to a 1" dowel, would you? Now if you have some mass-spectrometer analysis to show us impurities in the plastic resin composition for any parts, that's something else. :)

I totally expected it to be delicate and as far as I know we have only heard of a few broken toes? Think it feels more fragile than it actually is. The problem could be though that the joints are so tight that even hard plastic could break. If it could be avoided I don't know.
...but it's true that the quality of the AK is nowhere near the rest of the figure. But I wouldn't be showing it with him anyways.

I wish Threezero would get back to making more parts/accessories from diecast as was once their specialty - so much so it's even mentioned in their bio.

All the paint and weathering is going to make moving some parts difficult until they're broken in (hopefully not simply broken).

Pixel I totally hear what you are saying and if I had handled the figure and broken it due to my error I would never mention it as a flaw of the figure. I removed the clam tray from the box and there was chappie with his big toes rattling around in the tray. Once it's broken you see how small and thin the plastic is surrounding the metal pin in the toe. I'm not a toy engineer or scientist but I have lots of figures in all different scales and I've seen articulation done on a small scale without sacrificing aesthetics or strength. I am not bashing the figure I think he's a great and fun figure and I'm happy to finally have him, just a bit disappointed by the self destructive toes.

arrived in WI! does feel fragile inhand. one ear is kinda crooked gonna see if i can correct that. cant read tension on side on side of head at all. but is very cool, pleased so far.
:yess:

The only problem with my Chappie figure was the right thumb broke off. It had already broken off inside the packaging.

It's not going to be a big deal with me since I will have him holding a pistol with that hand.

That little thing on his wrist just broke off... Glued it back on. But love him.
835398f6c7490e2e5a18de0698dca4a1.jpg

Man, because i moved and i put a change of address my mail could take up to 2 weeks to arrive, this sucks. Did chappie come usps or some other delivery service for you guys in the usa?

Sent from my XT1096 using Tapatalk

arrived in WI! does feel fragile inhand. one ear is kinda crooked gonna see if i can correct that. cant read tension on side on side of head at all. but is very cool, pleased so far.
:yess:

The ears move inwards as well as back and forwards.

Have not received mine as of yet. I was told it would shipping early april. Did anyone actually get a tracking from them?

Received my Chappie today and... I'm missing the right-leg hamstring cover :(

Cool figure, I emailed ThreeZero already so I hope the issue can be resolved quickly. Overall, cool figure but it does feel extremely fragile

So threezero responded to my email and at the moment there are no current cancelations. Bummer.

Looks like I'll have to settle for the standard Scout 22 version.

Received mine. Great looking figure. He came with the same switch out eyes and was missing a screw cover on his ankle. Other than that looking good.

I went back to my local retailer yesterday and spoke about this figure whilst mine is getting fixed.

They told me a lot of customers took their figure back as well with some of the following issues.

-missing eye covers - one or the other is not included in the pack or missing from Chappies face.

-Broken toes - snapped during shipment or after receiving Chappie.

-Mismatch legs - one shorter than the other or longer than the other which way you want to twist it.

-Tabs off - the tiny tabs missing from Chappies forearm during shipment or after receiving him.

-Springs - mismatching placement of springs at the rear of Chappies legs

-treads - the tyre tread material at the back of the legs

-plus a few more issues I missed out fro their comments

Just shows how much QC issues there are this time round. I just hope these are fixed for the regular release that I also have on order.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's really disheartening, especially since I wanted this version. Hopefully I will be able to buy from someone trustworthy who checks theirs over. If not, I will have to settle for the retail and make use of returns.

Back