ThreeZero CHAPPiE 1:6

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
0fdd908f05ef2e3fc97cb5a2415014a2.jpg

He's super awesome! But the joints are very tight. I dare not move some of them... Did anyone get all of them to move? I'm afraid I'll break them.

Yeah I got them all to move. Hence how I found out the snapped toes issue.

The right shoulder is one area that's very tight though it's still movable.
(The part where the top of the arm meets the round part is also movable)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Got my Chappie today, I live in Richmond Virginia.

Initial thoughts: I was surprised at how light he is. For some reason I was expecting die-cast and there is none. Just very light plastic.

Overall he is amazing and as a huge fan of the film I am delighted. The following points are minor and don't take away my enjoyment of the figure:

He is a bit darker than the initial solicitation images suggested. The details like the graffiti and various markings from the film don't pop quite as much as they should, and Chappie has a dark gunmetal color when he is supposed to be a bit lighter blue/grey in the film.

I had the same issue with the tiny (I'm talking the size of a grain of rice) left forearm tab being in the bottom of my box. Luckily Chappie is quite battle-damaged so it's nothing anyone would notice. Especially amidst the wealth of detail; threezero really nailed all the pipes, joints and wires on him.

I broke the right toe off approximately 40 seconds after removing him from the box. Guessing that since it's been reported by others this is a defect of some kind. I'm not willing to go through the rigamarole just to replace his toe, it doesn't detract from the piece and I can always maneuver it into position once I have him on permanent display. But if you have one... BE CAREFUL!

His joints are very tight and, especially after breaking off the toe, I was extremely nervous about posing him. Eventually I got comfortable and was able to achieve some great poses. Again, be careful and go slow.

I'll try and post some pics.

Would you mind linking to that Facebook page? I tried looking and couldn't find any Chappie discussion. Thanks!

I noticed a few ppl on threezeros Facebook page with the same issues I had.

Broken toes and also the extra stubs fallen inside the clam shell.

Just something for you guys to be aware of.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Would you mind linking to that Facebook page? I tried looking and couldn't find any Chappie discussion. Thanks!

Its easy to find. Go straight to threezeros facebook home page and on the left side, theres a section called Visitors Posts.
You will find topics about Chappie from customers the last few days. Hope that helps.

Is that site safe to order from? I try to checkout with PayPal and it gives me an error that site is not set up for PayPal (even though the button is there upon checkout). I googled it and one thread on Reddit says not to order and that you won't ever get your stuff.

Want this figure but not at the risk of giving away my CC numbers to a questionable webstore

Thanks!

Its easy to find. Go straight to threezeros facebook home page and on the left side, theres a section called Visitors Posts.
You will find topics about Chappie from customers the last few days. Hope that helps.

I'm very happy with mine. The only nitpick I have is that most of the drawings and labels are too covered up by black paint. But that's minor. Also I have a feeling he's fragile - but I still haven't broken anything though one ear was loose in the bin.
e2d42293232e2036d96d9d56cb03c673.jpg

Back