ThreeZero CHAPPiE 1:6

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've already dried the blow dryer but it's still very stiff. Not worth risking it since there's a piece of attachment missing I might as well get them to sort that crap out at the same time. Just annoying that this kind of stuff happens not once but on many occasions with their figures.

Which sentinel products you referring to though. If it's the synthetic humans then they are top notch stuff from 1000toys. but if it's their getter or iron man stuff, well they are prone to easy breakages as many HK collectors have seen.

I was referring to their Iron Man stuff—the breakages are frustrating, but they do engineer some things very well. Pretty much all their figures have some kind of geared panel on the back of the leg that collapses inward for better articulation, which is similar to what Threezero was trying with Chappie, but feels much nicer to move around.

Seconded on the 1000Toys lines. Great work. It seems like the figures Sentinel produces for other designers/under other brands are regularly excellent, but their own designs have more issues.

someone is selling one on ebay for $700, hahahaha. not very nice.

the one in the for sale section is sold already.

if i got a good enough offer for mine, which all the joints seem to be fine, i may part with it. it has a rubber chicken, custom base from evilface, and the steelbook blueray with it. box is in great condition too. im not saying i want to sell it per se, but if the offer was good i might give it a good thought.

I was referring to their Iron Man stuff—the breakages are frustrating, but they do engineer some things very well. Pretty much all their figures have some kind of geared panel on the back of the leg that collapses inward for better articulation, which is similar to what Threezero was trying with Chappie, but feels much nicer to move around.

Seconded on the 1000Toys lines. Great work. It seems like the figures Sentinel produces for other designers/under other brands are regularly excellent, but their own designs have more issues.

Oh yeah definitely. Their engineering for that hulk buster and others just looks great. The paint apps as well. Even though they are set at a high price, you can see the quality there. Just a shame about the breakages ppl mention all the time. Hopefully they improve with each iteration. Luckily I'm not into the line.

Though they have started to expand their brand names and working on licenses such as ultraman and even Rockman to name a few. I've ordered one of the little 4inch Rockman to try out. Hope they are fun to play with. I really like the gecco brand under their products. Now those statues are amazing. 1000toys...damn that GCA figure got pushed back too June. Lol

someone is selling one on ebay for $700, hahahaha. not very nice.

the one in the for sale section is sold already.

if i got a good enough offer for mine, which all the joints seem to be fine, i may part with it. it has a rubber chicken, custom base from evilface, and the steelbook blueray with it. box is in great condition too. im not saying i want to sell it per se, but if the offer was good i might give it a good thought.

Wow they going for that much there? Haha I've got two empty Chappie boxes. One exclusive and one retail ver. Perhaps they have some value there???

This figure certainly is a unique one. I doubt we will ever see such a thing again.

not sure if anyone noticed this but in the promo shots chappie had 4 chains. i just looked at everyones pictures as well as mine and we all have 3! i messaged customer service about this just a few minutes ago, hopefully theyll come through with it. also, the 2 identical thin chains the "$" is on the wrong length chain, its supposed to be on the shorter one. just a heads up i guess. i wonder what theyll say about the chain issue if everyone messages them about it, its kinda false advertising if its just blatantly missing something shown in the promos, isnt it?

Okay, so i took chappie completely apart and put him back together. He has so much more articulation than i originally thought. There was so much that was paint stuck. This figure has so many joints i dont think theres a pose in the movie you cant put him in.

I also repaced those horrible springs that were in his bunz that are connected to a little piston on each leg with shorter, tighter springs. Now that area doesnt look ridiculous anymore and the springs dont flop around and be useless.

8a3b7b7db6746b42e7346ae6c018f04a.jpg

I also bought clasps for the chains to lengthen them a bit and make them more realistic. I also repainted the "$" an actual gold color and added an extra ring like in the movie so the "$" lays flat and not sideways.

f968fa9da25a63adfdd9fc3e6d19f12b.jpg

b807cc180da336c990df6b8c14a58cda.jpg

Now the chains sit at the right length and hang correctly.

Im also talking with someone who 3d prints to come up with a "hustler" nameplate, hopefully that goes well. If people are interested i can produce a painted plate with gold chain and clasp complete to upgrade their figure. Well see what happens, ill let you guys know.

Sent from my XT1096 using Tapatalk

Okay, so i took chappie completely apart and put him back together. He has so much more articulation than i originally thought. There was so much that was paint stuck. This figure has so many joints i dont think theres a pose in the movie you cant put him in.

I also repaced those horrible springs that were in his bunz that are connected to a little piston on each leg with shorter, tighter springs. Now that area doesnt look ridiculous anymore and the springs dont flop around and be useless.

8a3b7b7db6746b42e7346ae6c018f04a.jpg

I also bought clasps for the chains to lengthen them a bit and make them more realistic. I also repainted the "$" an actual gold color and added an extra ring like in the movie so the "$" lays flat and not sideways.

f968fa9da25a63adfdd9fc3e6d19f12b.jpg

b807cc180da336c990df6b8c14a58cda.jpg

Now the chains sit at the right length and hang correctly.

Im also talking with someone who 3d prints to come up with a "hustler" nameplate, hopefully that goes well. If people are interested i can produce a painted plate with gold chain and clasp complete to upgrade their figure. Well see what happens, ill let you guys know.

Thats very good, where did you buy the clasps?

Michaels craft store. They came in 14k gold and were $5 for 3 of them. I also got the rings too for $5 for a pack of 20. They also have all types of chains there too, im going to buy one when my hustler plate gets made. They guy im talking to got back to me today and said he could do it no problem. Im thinking of building some seeing i can get them at a nice price, not sure what the interest is on this.

Michaels craft store. They came in 14k gold and were $5 for 3 of them. I also got the rings too for $5 for a pack of 20. They also have all types of chains there too, im going to buy one when my hustler plate gets made. They guy im talking to got back to me today and said he could do it no problem. Im thinking of building some seeing i can get them at a nice price, not sure what the interest is on this.

Thanks though I'm England so a little to far lol

Yeah, I was gonna ask if anyone knew when this was supposed to start charging/shipping from Sideshow? My Waitlist converted to an Order but now I have no idea when to expect it. :lol

Back