ThreeZero CHAPPiE 1:6

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got a regular version from a fellow freaks for a great price.
Pretty cool figure, awesome paint app, lots of articulations.
But it really really feels like a kit, very light and feels fragile.
The orange ear was stuck with paint, manage to remove it now it keeps falling grrrr
The weapon is ridiculous, not the correct one and badly paint/weathered.
Ordered a galil rifle that looks more accurate.
They could have added the police lights and the shoulder lamp could have used some translucent plastic not just yellow paint.
My second therezero figure after a halo one, wich i sold, they have awesome sculpts but should change materials.
Makes me worried for robocop 2 Cain.
image.jpg

Last edited:
Got a regular version from a fellow freaks for a great price.
Pretty cool figure, awesome paint app, lots of articulations.
But it really really feels like a kit, very light and feels fragile.
The orange ear was stuck with paint, manage to remove it now it keeps falling grrrr
The weapon is ridiculous, not the correct one and badly paint/weathered.
Ordered a galil rifle that looks more accurate.
They could have added the police lights and the shoulder lamp could have used some translucent plastic not just yellow paint.
My second therezero figure after a halo one, wich i sold, they have awesome sculpts but should change materials.
Makes me worried for robocop 2 Cain.
View attachment 264836

Agree on most of this, but if you take the Hot Toys endoskeletons they seem to be made of a similar fragile and light material.

I will add though, after actually working on this figure and prying glued panels, the figure is actually much tougher than you guys think. The plastic is quite tough even though its very light weight. Never did i feel like i was going to break anything, the only thing i can say is in some spots they didnt use enough glue so individual pieces may come off easily. The only things that may be fragile are the fingers and toes, thats why toes came broken. Im surprised that there was no one with broken fingers.

Sent from my XT1096 using Tapatalk

Mine came with a broken right hand thumb. I have Chappie holding a Tie Fighter black pistol so its not really noticable.

I hope yours arrives in good shape! I can't speak for anyone else's experience, but CS has been good to me—I had a warped shoulder-pad and a broken toe, and they are sending me replacements for the pad and both feet. So, I hope your figure is problem-free, but don't hesitate to reach out if you have an issue.

I hope yours arrives in good shape! I can't speak for anyone else's experience, but CS has been good to me—I had a warped shoulder-pad and a broken toe, and they are sending me replacements for the pad and both feet. So, I hope your figure is problem-free, but don't hesitate to reach out if you have an issue.

Whats the contact email and What proof do they ask?

Mine arrived from Sideshow today. I opened it, put batteries in and didn't notice any obvious defects or broken pieces. However, the "ears" (antenna) are quite tight and almost feel glued in place. I'm hesitant to mess with those for fear of breaking them. :p Otherwise, quite pleased.

One other thing I found out. You guys should take note. Is that on mine one knee can be bent more than the other.

Ok. Let's explain this. On the back of the legs. Thigh area. There's a piece of plastic you can slide up and down. At the top of that piece you can bend a tab outwards. Once you bend that outwards you can then slide the piece upwards thus giving more leg room to bend the knees.

Now I found out one of my knee can be bent more than 90 degrees while the other one stays at 90.

I know these are double jointed knees but one of them just won't bend at all.

The instructions don't tell you about that slide part and the tabs but trust me it works and gives you extra movement for the legs. Just somehow one my double jointed knees ain't working. A stiff leg syndrome. Grrrrr

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Got my Chappie figure in today (the wait was horrible...) and have the exact same problem with the right knee.

The upper joint inside the leg moves a bit, the lower joint hinge on the knee just above the kneecap doesn't move at all.

Did you get it solved in the meantime? :/

Talked to 3Z in the meantime.
If someone of you guys still have probs with the knee joint, you can take of the glued on caps on the knee to untighten the underlying screw a bit.
They provided me this pic.

eafd86d564cb1dfd2717be042397a73b.jpg

Ok, I tried it but it didn't help.
I think the joint is stuck by paint...

If you wanna try this, be careful when you take off the caps since the plastic will squeeze under too much pressure and not regain its old form!

Does not surprise me.

It's definitely a really cool looking figure, but it's NOWHERE worth the astronomical prices retailers want for 3Z stuff.
The engineering, although super detailed is very mediocre in certain parts, for example super loose finger joints on the hands, already mentioned non moving joints, complicated accessability to light up feature et cetera.

But for 120 bucks I would definitely give it a go. ^^

$120? Sorry, the price is now almost 30k yen which is closer to $300 than it is to $120. Over $300 with shipping. How many did they sell at $12k yen? One? None?

Back