ThreeZero 1/6 TMNT Movie Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
These 2014 figures look great, execution wise - no argument there.

I think they've arrived a little late to the party to be honest though, because these throw away designs only last till something else shiny & new comes along. They should've announced these last year. As a result, these could well be lead balloons. :lol

No way that would've happened with the original 1990 Henson designs.

I get why some old school turtle fans don't like the new movie. But it's funny that people put properties like this, transformers, he-man and gi-joe on such high pedestals when in reality they were cheesy, eighties weekday afternoon cartoons. They were not meant to be well thought out, meaningful dramas for adults, which is what the old fans want now. And I don't think that the new iterations should be made to cater to a audience of 30 + year old fans. These are meant to be fun stories for children…CHILDREN!! If you are a kid at heart and can enjoy that, awesome, but stop demanding that they gear this towards a bunch of old men.
Here we go.. :lol

Have you read the original Eastman & Laird comics?

Granted - they partially based the 1990 film, on the 80s cartoons.. but the essence of the comics was very much there - & just as importantly, they actually looked like the characters they were supposed to be.

What you've got in 2014 - is Adult Junkyard Shrek Hulks: A Micheal Bay Tale. :huh

I'd take the new movie over Turtles 3 any day. I was 8 when Turtles 3 came out and obsessed with the franchise but even I knew it sucked. The new movie certainly wasn't as bad as people predicted back when they were meant to be aliens and I would put it above any of the Transformer films as well and at least they tried to take the franchise in a new direction and didn't just churn out a rehash of the older movies, even if it wasn't emtirely successful.

What you've got in 2014 - is Adult Junkyard Shrek Hulks: A Micheal Bay Tale. :huh

The same happened with Transformers IV. Suddenly you got robots dressed like cowboys and samurais, even a over-weight robot. With accents and everything.

Here we go.. :lol

Have you read the original Eastman & Laird comics?

Granted - they partially based the 1990 film, on the 80s cartoons.. but the essence of the comics was very much there - & just as importantly, they actually looked like the characters they were supposed to be.

Yes, I did read some of those, not the whole run, but plenty. Even then, we're not talking high brow by any means.
And I don't hate the old movies either, because they were geared toward their target audience. They were goofy, and they were made for kids. As was the cartoon. What's wrong with that? I'm saying let's not act like any of it was made to be solid plot driven entertainment.
So even though the new movie was a hot mess it's not like it had to live up to macbeth or anything like that. I think it's dumb that a lot of these movies take themselves too seriously now and are being passed off as well made character driven cinema.

People like to collect things from their childhood. I remember watching the TMNT when I was a kid, under 10 years of age. If I was 30 back then when it was released, I would have had no interest in it, just as I have no interest in kids things made today.

The point is though these 1/6 figures and 1/4 statues have not been made for little kids. They're high end collectibles for adults, so they are hoping adults liked this new version enough to spend money on it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hooray for Threezero- they are taking stuff HT won't touch anymore(but years ago would be doing)

Yes, I did read some of those, not the whole run, but plenty. Even then, we're not talking high brow by any means.
And I don't hate the old movies either, because they were geared toward their target audience. They were goofy, and they were made for kids. As was the cartoon. What's wrong with that? I'm saying let's not act like any of it was made to be solid plot driven entertainment.
So even though the new movie was a hot mess it's not like it had to live up to macbeth or anything like that. I think it's dumb that a lot of these movies take themselves too seriously now and are being passed off as well made character driven cinema.
Nothing wrong with the younger demographic thing as far as the older shows & films go. Of course that was the idea, & why not - as with everything done to date as well - including the 2014 moofy. That's not the beef. That said - & not to be argumentative, but who is talking about anything 'high brow' though, apart from.. you? :lol

That's not at all the point folks that dislike the 2014 remake & praise the 1990 film, are making. Who gives a flying **** about the 2nd & 3rd 90s movies - yes, they're diluted ooze. The original film, got it right for the most part though. There's cheese there too - sure, but the balance was great - & in context, the very nature of the story is ridiculous in the first place, & the comics reflected that in the humour & tone periodically too.

It's not about Macbeth, it's about not taking a big Bay dump on everything. He did it with Trans-faux-mers, & it's no different here.

Nothing wrong with the younger demographic thing as far as the older shows & films go. Of course that was the idea, & why not - as with everything done to date as well - including the 2014 moofy. That's not the beef. That said - & not to be argumentative, but who is talking about anything 'high brow' though, apart from.. you? :lol

That's not at all the point folks that dislike the 2014 remake & praise the 1990 film, are making. Who gives a flying **** about the 2nd & 3rd 90s movies - yes, they're diluted ooze. The original film, got it right for the most part though. There's cheese there too - sure, but the balance was great - & in context, the very nature of the story is ridiculous in the first place, & the comics reflected that in the humour & tone periodically too.

It's not about Macbeth, it's about not taking a big Bay dump on everything. He did it with Trans-faux-mers, & it's no different here.

Yeah, I can agree with you here. I think somehow Bay tried to make his Transformers movies and the 2014 Turtle movie "grittier", aimed more at young adults and teens, but amazingly ended up making them more juvenile and ridiculous. I will say that I don't really think it's the designs that are the problem though. They could be toned back a bit but I do think there is some neat stuff in there. It's his god-awful plots, dialogue and moronic sense of humor that messes things up. But again, it's not like the old stuff was masterfully done. It was mostly cheese too. But it was cheese aimed at a more appropriate audience.

Hooray for Threezero- they are taking stuff HT won't touch anymore(but years ago would be doing)

I cant express enough how this statement is so fricking true. Its like threezero knows that not everybody wants a variant figure of tony stark taking a **** on his specially made iron toilet.

I cant express enough how this statement is so fricking true. Its like threezero knows that not everybody wants a variant figure of tony stark taking a **** on his specially made iron toilet.

Don't give them any ideas! :lol

Threezero and to a lesser extent 3A have been offering some cool figures for the collectors tired of Marvel, a nice breath of fresh air.

The turtles from the Uncanny Valley are looking good!

I love these new figures, I hope I have the cash for them when they hit. That being said I don't like the seamless arms, rubber that is used for stuff like that is not ment to last, and when playing hundreds of dollars for these figs, I want them to last the next 50 years...

The original TMNT was a huge joke on gritty comics of the 80s. It took off tho surprisingly but dont think its some sacred cow. Dislike the new film all you want - to each their own always. But guess what, to kids growing up now they were awesome too. Tons of friends had their kids going nuts over this and it was great sharing the enthusiasm we all had with them. The new designs are spot on and capture the core turtles. Leo - leader type, Raph - angry but has a heart, Don - geek tech, Mikey - party man. Thats all you need.

ANYWAYS.... hoping the price is fair and that all turtles come out.

The new designs are spot on and capture the core turtles. Leo - leader type, Raph - angry but has a heart, Don - geek tech, Mikey - party man. Thats all you need.

Hmm, how is that junk they slapped on capture their character? What you describe is behaviour, the four archetypes that define them. The Nick' Turtles shows this perfectly too, no busy designs there.

to kids growing up now they were awesome too. Tons of friends had their kids going nuts over this and it was great sharing the enthusiasm we all had with them. The new designs are spot on and capture the core turtles. Leo - leader type, Raph - angry but has a heart, Don - geek tech, Mikey - party man. Thats all you need.

ANYWAYS.... hoping the price is fair and that all turtles come out.

Agreed. Watched this through my sons eyes and it was magic. The Nick toons are 'his' turtles though. He says these ones are 'grown up' Ninja Turtles.

These look well done, but I think I'm better off with a set of the Revoltech TMNT than these.

*for the record, Secret of the Ooze is is fave live action Turtle movie. Original is too dark for him I think. He likes the Cartoony colours and nature of II. Loves the opening mall fight.

TMNT-2014-Leonardo-ThreeZero.jpg

TMNT-2014-Michelangelo-ThreeZero.jpg

Back