Threezero - 1/6 RoboCop (2014) - RoboCop 1.0 - Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Threezero - 1/6 RoboCop (2014) - RoboCop 1.0 - Reveal + Pre-Order Info

Me too.

Anyone here can vouch for this company? How's the quality?

I bought the walking dead michonne pets, they came in at the promised time
I never did open them, ended up selling them, but based on the feedback of the owners in the figure thread, good quality and very much like the prototypes
I was worried about ordering from the first time and asked the same questions as you
Solid feedback across the board, I ordered this figure without worry

One of the best likeliness I ever seen, thats really kinaman face from whatever angle

Got it pre-ordered. I've heard good things about 3A and their line of robots / mecha products.
Their Reel Steal figures were really exceptional.
I'm tempted to order the training robot as well but just don't have the cash.....

something about this figure silhouette I cant get over, its like the hips are too wide making the thighs looks oddly shaped... and the calves are too large as well... think im gunna pass

The figure's abdomen/waist is skinny and its hips are wide, giving it an hourglass shape.

robofig.jpg

robosuit.jpg

Now if ThreeZero ever made this, I'd have to think about it.

ogrobo.jpg

View attachment 143198

View attachment 143199

thanks for the pics

so the stance is one factor but not I think their torso is too thin... needs some bulk and it would help I think

also the top part of the thighs is shaped wrong

Sure, no problem. Proportions are always an issue, no matter the RoboCop and no matter the company. ThreeZero's effort isn't nearly as off as Play Arts Kai's 1987 Robo, which I considered buying until I learned about HT's 2.0.

pakrobo.jpg

Sure, no problem. Proportions are always an issue, no matter the RoboCop and no matter the company. ThreeZero's effort isn't nearly as off as Play Arts Kai's 1987 Robo, which I considered buying until I learned about HT's 2.0.

View attachment 143201

yeah I own that fig, its alright but definitely stylized (which is just what they do)

this figure seems to have no waist or ab articulation though, so they may as well just fill it out properly :lol

View attachment 143198

View attachment 143199

thanks for the pics

so the stance is one factor but not I think their torso is too thin... needs some bulk and it would help I think

also the top part of the thighs is shaped wrong

Actually the proportions are perfect, Yankees is using a behind the scenes picture of the suit before the CGI enhancements of the final film.

If you watched the film or know anything about the process they used, it was a physical suit(that often looked a bit bulkier in press photos) that was completely reworked with CG in the final film. His torso is actually VERY skinny and shoulders have the appropriate spacing. His calfs are appropriately sized.

image.jpg

image.jpg

Sorry about the picture quality, I can find better pics if need be, but all you have to do is watch the actual films and you will see the proportions of the figure, while odd, are very accurate to the films odd proportions. The filmmakers chose this approach to get rid of the "man in suit" look, and make it look more robotic for the 1.0. Where as he 3.0s purpose was to make it look more like a human in a suit, so there wasn't as much alteration.

Thanks, Tperry, I didn't know that. Looks like ThreeZero pretty much nailed the proportions then.

Threezero - 1/6 RoboCop (2014) - RoboCop 1.0 - Reveal + Pre-Order Info

I was wondering if you are as hard on the ht robo as you are on other robo figures?
Did you ever point out The way too silver paint and the skinny legs?

Yankee's cool 5x10. He's always objective and good about it.

It's understandable why some prefer the HT over the EB one and this one as well.

Yes, I agree that some that bashed the EB based on silverness and what not, are now a little blinded of the fact that the HT one is even MORE silver and actually ****s your faceplate just because you use it. Or that it's a "Diecast" release that has 4% of Diecast. And it's ok, people will try to justify purchases left and right (like you and I, paying $600 of absurd accessories on the EB one).

This one is tempting, but I haven't got anything from threezero before, so I'm waiting instead.

I'm now waiting on everything period. I'm a mess.

Edit: I see you erased your post based on Yankees admitted defeat. Lol.

Yankee's cool 5x10. He's always objective and good about it.

It's understandable why some prefer the HT over the EB one and this one as well.

Yes, I agree that some that bashed the EB based on silverness and what not, are now a little blinded of the fact that the HT one is even MORE silver and actually ****s your faceplate just because you use it. Or that it's a "Diecast" release that has 4% of Diecast. And it's ok, people will try to justify purchases left and right (like you and I, paying $600 of absurd accessories on the EB one).

This one is tempting, but I haven't got anything from threezero before, so I'm waiting instead.

I'm now waiting on everything period. I'm a mess.
Yeah, I tried to delete the post after making it, out of line
My apologies Yankee

But, it does seem like the ht version gets a free pass for its errors, while every other robo is faulted for its errors

But, it does seem like the ht version gets a free pass for its errors, while every other robo is faulted for its errors

That is normal behavior.

I'm not fan of the brands. If EB does something better than HT I'll buy the EB period. And vice versa . I never really got why people think like that.

Well, at least I didn't buy an ED 209 during Spooktacular, only to later end up regretting it. :mwaha

Only kidding, fran. 5x10 brings up a fair point. I was highly critical of the HT Robo when it first appeared in blogger pics but since then, I've bitten my lip and held my tongue. Maybe it's because there's nothing that can be done, no matter how much I moan or bellyache.

Truth be told, every time I see new pics/video of the HT Robo, I go from really excited to really disappointed. Unless everything out there is a lie, the paint is just much too bright - it might be several shades too bright - and I can't stand the design of the holster. Rather than correct its 1.0 design to make it movie-accurate, HT decided to recycle it.

It's just bittersweet, that's all. I was expecting/hoping for the prototype - I preordered based specifically on the beauty of those pictures - and I didn't get it.

As for the EB Robo, it is indeed a really nice piece - one of the company's finest - but the way that it was branded and packaged as "RoboCop 3" really sticks in my craw. Not to mention the addition of a lot of accessories I have no need for, the removal of which would have made the price much more reasonable.

I'm thinking of preordering this guy, I got the threezero dead space Isaac from them coming soon can't wait . I think robo will come out great I do like the face sculpt. Anyone know when the preorder closes for this?

I had erased my post a couple of minutes within making it
I even refreshed to see if anyone had reply'ed and it appeared no one did
Then your post came a couple of minutes later, guess you were already in the process of replying

So this is up for pre-order now - Please go order it - I want this line to be successful so ThreeZero can make more Game of Thrones!

(I bought this one too)

Or wait for the non-exclusive version from Sideshow.

So this is up for pre-order now - Please go order it - I want this line to be successful so ThreeZero can make more Game of Thrones!

(I bought this one too)

But if you want the Kinnaman sculpt, you gotta go to ThreeZero's site. Go, go, go!

(I bought this one too)

Does SSC carry this company's products?

Back