ThreeZero - 1/6 Night King

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Three Zero Game of Thrones Night King

Yep, my bad. Didn’t see the original one with the rest of the action going on. How do I delete it? Any mods about?

I'm totally in for this one. I love the design of the character. (Though I would prefer it if he had different outfit from the other Walkers, but that's not the figure's fault.)

Still, though ... totally in.

His design is actually different. The symbol on his armor, the two inverted Vs on the chest piece, shoulder bands and other details.

I'm pretty excited for this guy!
He can Join my growing collection of Game of Thrones villains - alongside Tywin and Joffrey (and Cersei if the sculpt turns out okay)

Bump... why is no one excited by this? Season 8?

For me, he went from "#1 overpowered world menace" to "most overrated vilain of all time" in two episodes.

He just walked around, raised his hands, tried to kill a kid in a wheelchair and DIED. HE DIDN'T EVEN FIGHT.

I still can't believe it. Seven seasons of "Winter is coming" and I can't even remember if he used his sword at least once.

In terms of let down, imagine if Thanos was killed before he could do the snap. That's it, no fight. Ten years of movies leading to one hammer to the head. I don't think Hot Toys would sell many more Thanos figures after that.

Pretty much that exactly. No need for any of the dead in my collection.

I think the Night King looks great.

Cersei will be a bust. I am convinced they will use the same body they used for Arya and Daenerys, so she'll out of scale. May even end up as bad as Scully.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Bump... why is no one excited by this? Season 8?
Speaking for my self, anything post Season 4 (maybe 5) really doesn't have an emotional pull for me. The show went downhill and I think S8 was so bad it was shocking - and I had very low expectations going in. Yeah, yeah, the show looks and sounds great, costumes, locations and all that. Blah. People worked hard on it, but I'm there for the story, characters and theme. Something that will keep me rewatching for years. That's not S5-S8 for me. Of course the NK is a cool looking character but that has never been part of my decision making for buying one of these things. I'll think about it but I'm not excited like I was to see Joffrey, or when I saw a Tywin available.. I'm thinking the earlier seasons will now mostly get short shrift.

One think I will say about the figure is the body looks a bit too bulky, and he's very same/same to the other one released - which I think is one of the strongest offerings threezero has released for this line. I'm mildly curious to see the full reveal. I would have preferred a S5 Hardhome look for him. Whatever my feelings of S5 are that was a killer episode and prefer it to any of those other well loved "epic/battle" episodes like BotB, the Battle in S7, and certainly The Long Night. Hardhome did a better job at conjuring terror,intrigue and mystery than any of those other big moments with the WW, for me.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

To your earlier statement: yes. The Night King turned out so badly in the show that I have no interest in a figure of him no matter how cool he looks. At this point I’m really only interested in a few select Game of Thrones characters. Cersei would have been one, but the prototype doesn’t look great and seems to have the same ‘no neck’ issue that plagued me so much about Rick Grimes that I eventually sold him.

Also, I hate to be negative, but Bobba Fett is also a terrible character that ultimately did nothing. I never could understand his appeal.

Also, I hate to be negative, but Bobba Fett is also a terrible character that ultimately did nothing. I never could understand his appeal.

And none of the heroes referred to Boba Fett as the end of all things lol. He was just a cool looking secondary character, hyped by fandom only.

But he did talk more than the Night King.

I so wanted this figure before the last season and now I just don't really care. I may still consider it but just doesn't get the same pull anymore.

He's on display at SDCC ...

View attachment 461203

Here's the full video posted by Sideshow of their pieces on display ...

Have to say, the GOT figures all look great there. Brienne and Joffrey look fantastic. Strange that Cersei wasn’t on display though seeing as though she’s due to release shortly.

NK looks to be well done. Another day one PO for me anyway but looks like TZ dropped the ball by not having this ready for when Season 8 was actually airing.

70A86E34-1EEB-4D98-B1C9-91DCCBC9BEB3.jpeg

79EAEC38-D903-416E-BB5A-999854734CB1.jpeg

473560C3-7FF0-4711-ABA9-F4DC9C0AFA99.jpeg

Doesn’t seem to be much interest in this fella, I think he looks great!

I won't PO but I will pick up when its released.

Now where's Cersei?

I swear they didn't show her because of how small they're making her or something looking at the X-Files Scully figure. At least they didn't screw up Brienne's height.

Back