ThreeA to make 1/6 marvel figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
tumblr_l43zzi7BQp1qz6vfao1_500.jpg

I mean really... how cool would THIS be?!?!

This kinda reminds me of a statue debate.

People don't want the characters that they appear in comics they want what they want them to be in comics.

People seem to only want Jim Lee era X-Men (probably because thats what most grew up with) but not statues on works of the thousands of other artists out there who have intepreted the characters.

I personally would love some statues done in more cartoony comic-book style, like Humberto Ramos, it's comicy and fun looking and something welcomly different.

x-menv2_cvr200a.jpg

But most want an accurate to one single intepretation series that strives for realism of body proportions and realistic facial features.

People don't want real comic book statues or figures they want a uniform look to all of them so they can all look the same and pose together. While that's understandable it also ignores the true idea of comic-book industry, versatility and variety in shape and design.

I would go crazy over some mighty mugg sized statues of figures of Skottie Youngs Marvel character designs.

f3fab7df.jpg

Last edited:
People don't want the characters that they appear in comics they want what they want.

People seem to only want Jim Lee era X-Men (probably because thats what most grew up with) but not statues on works of the thousands of other artists out there who have intepreted the characters.

But most want an accurate to one single intepretation series and nothing more that strives for realism of body proportions and realistic facial features.

People don't want real comic book statues or figures they want a uniform look to all of them so they can all look the same and pose together. While that's understandable it also ignores the true idea of comic-book characters, versatility and variety in shape and design.

:goodpost: :goodpost: :goodpost: :lecture :clap

Last edited:
tumblr_l43zzi7BQp1qz6vfao1_500.jpg

I mean really... how cool would THIS be?!?!

About as cool and as popular as this...

_00152148.jpg

Actually.. 3. But I know what you're saying. On the other hand.. they've had Real Steel for just over a year and have two bots out, another finished and another proto.. I think it depends on demand and the particular license..

I stand corrected - 3 years. But the first (only) character was a secondary character too - so for Marvel - Ash's first (only) figure will probably be Paste Pot Pete...

By "3", I meant 3 figures.. 3 figures have been released. Tharg (way back when) Mongrol and The Mess (sorta like two for one) and Row Jaws..

Dr Doom seems to be on paper already so.. most likely will be the first we see. But Ash does seem to have a penchant for putting out the more obscure, secondary characters before the ones people are really pining for.

But Ash does seem to have a penchant for putting out the more obscure, secondary characters before the ones people are really pining for.

Which is great news for Marvel Comics fans.

The ones people are pining for have been done lots of times by others companies, 3A should hopefully privide lots of characters that aren't done much if at all.

This kinda reminds me of a statue debate.

People don't want the characters that they appear in comics they want what they want them to be in comics.

I personally would love some statues done in more cartoony comic-book style, like Humberto Ramos, it's comicy and fun looking and something welcomly different.

x-menv2_cvr200a.jpg

But most want an accurate to one single intepretation series that strives for realism of body proportions and realistic facial features.

People don't want real comic book statues or figures they want a uniform look to all of them so they can all look the same and pose together. While that's understandable it also ignores the true idea of comic-book industry, versatility and variety in shape and design.

I would go crazy over some mighty mugg sized statues of figures of Skottie Youngs Marvel character designs.

f3fab7df.jpg

While I've got a preference for jimlee, I'd not say no to Humberto Ramos either.

That's for 3A figures that aren't licensed.
Once you add the license cost, the price will go up.
Just look at the price of their Halo figure it's $220. Which I might add, isn't a stylized reinterpretation from 3A, so they can work outside of their typical style.
3A_Halo_CommanderCarter_Ad_online2.jpg

It's $200 if you order it at their site, and yes it's free shipping all across the world...and if you're 3AA member, you pay only $170, again with free shipping

yes, some of their licensed is pretty expensive, but some of them are reasonable...just look at 1/6 mongrol, it's very big and yet the PO price is about $220...and 1/12 mongrol is about $55,

REX is $490..but it's very big and the level detail is great...

WOW. That Reel Steel figure is @ $325 US.

Yeah.. the Real Steel guys aren't cheap. Originally released at $290 unless you're 3AA then they were around $247. (worldwide shipping included btw) But they are very impressive considering how big, detailed and articulated they are.
Real Steel Midas Review
Real Steel Ambush Review

They're also priced in line with 3A's other 1/6 bots.. which tend to be in the $200+ range.
The human based figures on the other hand, generally roam between $100-$150. So it seems rational to think that a character like Wolverine or Spiderman would be in that price range.
However, since they've not released any licensed human figures (I'm counting Halo as a bot, since it's all sculpted articulated armor plastic bits with LEDs etc..) it's difficult to know for sure. While the sewing is usually to blame for the delays in production, the creation of new molds for the sculpted pieces is what usually drives prices up.

I imagine something like Iron Man, Galactus or Dr Doom would run significantly more than a Spidey or Dare Devil.. but that's speculation at best.

Hell, it all is until we actually see something.

The Grunts were $250 though, but those were packed with endless layers of clothes, pouches and ****, plus removable masks and helmets.

Massive beasts.

By "3", I meant 3 figures.. 3 figures have been released. Tharg (way back when) Mongrol and The Mess (sorta like two for one) and Row Jaws..

Dr Doom seems to be on paper already so.. most likely will be the first we see. But Ash does seem to have a penchant for putting out the more obscure, secondary characters before the ones people are really pining for.

Doom is one I'd probably get in the Wood style. There is no real definitive Doom look in the comics, and the armor is exactly what 3A does well.

Back