Three-Time Best Actor Academy Award Winner DANIEL DAY LEWIS Quits Acting

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Like the earlier comment, I will say that Gangs of New York is not a great movie, but DDL is amazing in it. In the Name of the Father was really good. Guy is one of the better actors alive today that I know of.

Notice I didn't say "he is the best actor going today." I've never once seen DDL break a guy's wrist and throw him through a window with as little effort as it would take a normal man to open a door.

His recent collaboration with Paul Thomas Anderson will be his last film.

https://variety.com/2017/film/news/daniel-day-lewis-quits-acting-oscar-winner-1202472766/

Arguably the greatest actor of the last thirty years. Its a shame to see him go but its not surprising at all with today's PC/Corporate-driven Hollywood.

giphy.gif

Good on him.

I don't understand the adulation though... I've missed a couple, but I haven't enjoyed a single movie he's been in.

Gang's of New York was okay. Also, I still haven't seen "There Will Be Blood", I only know about the milkshake scene that was uploaded on YouTube :lol.

TWBB is a great supporting character made dull by a spotlight. It's the artsy fartsy equvalent of stretching an SNL skit into a movie.

Fantastic actor.
I've liked most of the movies I've seen with him starring. There Will Be Blood and Gangs of New York stand out for me though. Age of Innocence is also quite amazing.
If he's truly to stop acting, I'll miss the movies he's in.

Back